Video of a flight in my Vagabond

OK, Hand propping: Violation of 91.13 (Or, so I've been told :rolleyes:).
41.8 nautical miles - not a cross country (Or, so I've been told :rolleyes:).
No evidence of using a checklist. :rolleyes:

You are a brave individual posting this on youtube, someone could 6PC you. :rolleyes:
[/goofing on ya]

On the serious side - nice ride!
Your other airplane is a glider?

got all sorts'a "technology" in that thar thing.

My dad told me that his dad would navigate by reading the side of the water towers to see what town it was. They never flew over 500 AGL and it was my dad's job as a young boy to help lookout for antennas or obstructions.

You are a brave individual posting this on youtube, someone could 6PC you. :rolleyes:
[/goofing on ya]

Yes, my other plane is a 1957 Ka6CR glider. As far as hand propping, I find that if the wind is blowing hard enough to spin an A-65 the Vagabond gets a tad squirrely .:D
Not much need for a written checklist when all you have is an altimeter, mag switch and carb heat. I use ABCDEF - Altimeter, Belts, Controls, Door, Engine Run-up, Freakin Fly already.
In all seriousness though I feel it is safer for me to self prop with it chocked and the tail tied down than to ask a spam-can pilot who has never been on the business end of an airplane to prop it, and with only one set of controls and one door there is no safe way to change who is in the pilots seat with it running.

Jim

Last edited:

[/goofing on ya]

'Could 6PC you' should this be an entry in the Urban dictionary?

No hand propping in this video:

Apparently not much suspension either.

Should we start another thread about bucket hats? :)

Edit:

Just noticed that you are subscribed to Calvin Stewart on your youtube channel. NFW! Me too. (But my statics videos are better :) )

No hand propping in this video:

Apparently not much suspension either.

Should we start another thread about bucket hats? :)

Edit:

Just noticed that you are subscribed to Calvin Stewart on your youtube channel. NFW! Me too. (But my statics videos are better :) )
Hey bucket hats are the best form of birth control ever invented.:lol:

Back