Update on urine tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
POA has a very committed contingent of members who race to declare "TROLL" and attempt to stop discussions and end threads.

For some reason, they seek to minimize content on the forum. Despite good information and insight being shared.

And, once the first "TROLL" comment is made, the sheep in the flock come waddling to throw their "TROLL" flags.

In my opinion, there needs to be tons of discussions about pot, and how we as a society, we as a hobby, we as employers, we as a generation, we as pilots, we as passengers, we as taxpayers, etc deal with the inevitable fact that pot is legal and pervasive.

What you learned and know from 20 years ago is Antique and obsolete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My personal feeling is that the term "troll" is too subjective to be useful. The fact that some of us apparently think that Mari was referring to the thread subject is a good example.

The effects on the wallet continue for 22 or 23 years, and there are other effects that go on for a lifetime.

Grandkids are a blessing. :)

Ergo my avatar. That kid is WAY cuter and smarter than my own kids ever were. How can that be? Did the 22 or 23 years of wallet-drain impact my perception of them?

My personal feeling is that the term "troll" is too subjective to be useful. The fact that some of us apparently think that Mari was referring to the thread subject is a good example.
and for @JoseCuervo -

The "TROLL" flags are more likely to get thrown for first time posters, and anonymous or guest users with topics such as this.

If it is a real question, rather than post it anon or a fake account, why wouldn't they surf and discover that 80% of medical related questions eventually get referrals to Dr. Bruce and skip the drama?

I suspect most of the people throwing Troll flags don't need to learn what's new and exciting in the Pot world because they either have never toked up or are too old to remember what it felt like when they did.

I learned everything I need to know about illicit drugs by watching a film called "Reefer Madness"......:rolleyes:

I learned everything I need to know about illicit drugs by watching a film called "Reefer Madness"......:rolleyes:

Funny... when I was I high school we would watch that while toking. Of course, that was over 30yrs ago now.

Isn't it SouthPark that said "There's a time and place for everything and it's called college"

For me it was Cheech and Chong's "Up In Smoke".

upload_2016-12-29_11-3-2.png

Dr B is a great guy OP, sometimes people don't like what he says, but I have never seen him to be wrong.

Sense the dictators of America try to ban up address's which doesn't work to well with people who travel the country every day. I'll repost what I was saying last night ;)

Since the dictators of POA want to censor me I'll just keep posting as a guest. Like I said earlier to the OP, instant testsmean absolutely nothing. In fact they mean so little the DOT (the test us airline pilots take) do not even allow instant results as part of their process. Everything they do is sent to the lab. Some people have bacteria in their body that reacts strangely with the chemical used in the instant tests, in fact their are people who have never used in their lives and fail the instant tests. As for Dr B, their are a lot of AMEs in the industry who think very low of you, and your scare tactics into sending you money for consulting for "difficult" cases. In fact POA is one of the only threads that think of you as a god.

You question pot smokers cognitive abilities but at your age, and more importantly your bullying towards some members, I begin to question your cognitive abilities. Pretty sure dementia begins to show its symptoms around your age. if anyone needs help from Dr B my guess is the first thing he asks for is $$$. Dr B go watch reefer madness again...
Is it any wonder that I don't visit this board very often........you have no idea how many hours are spent untangling guys from certification holes. But it needs to be free, huh? Right. I can give advice (free) but when it comes to documents- that's another matter. Guys who ask questions and don't like the advice- I wish them well. Remember, you are to the FAA, how you appear on paper.
UNKNOWN said:
Any ideas? Dr Bruce?
Just answering YOUR question....

And for Paul, I can be wrong, but I do fess up.
The real issue here, is that after prolonged heavy exposure, the brain is demonstrably not ready until at least 6 months has gone by. And we know this from the clinical psychology lab. And that does not appear to be any part of the OPs' thought process.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Dr B is a great guy OP, sometimes people don't like what he says, but I have never seen him to be wrong.

Au contrare mon frere. Just today @bbchien was wrong. He saw this mistake and posted a correction.

It would be unfortunate if he re-departed PoA.

and for @JoseCuervo -

If it is a real question, rather than post it anon or a fake account, why wouldn't they surf and discover that 80% of medical related questions eventually get referrals to Dr. Bruce and skip the drama?

I have no trouble believing people are too lazy to do a search, and just throw their question up upon first arriving on a forum.

I suspect most of the people throwing Troll flags don't need to learn what's new and exciting in the Pot world because they either have never toked up or are too old to remember what it felt like when they did.

Old? You mean those of us who were in college in the early 70s? I don't recall pot being around in those days. ;)

I remember that! And there was another film about LSD they showed us in I think it was middle school, that had some kid jumping off a building to his death because he dropped acid and thought he could fly. I was trying to find that film and came up with this interesting site:

http://www.cracked.com/article_20561_5-myths-about-illegal-drugs-you-probably-believe.html

Really sobering - no pun intended - to see how damaging alcohol is compared to the rest.

Au contrare mon frere. Just today @bbchien was wrong. He saw this mistake and posted a correction.

It would be unfortunate if he re-departed PoA.

I did hedge my statement by saying that I have never seen him to be wrong, nobody is perfect, but the morons who keep busting this guy are just that, morons. The doc answers questions from his considerable knowledge of his profession AND his considerable knowledge of the FAA system. That is difficult to find for any field, especially when you have a problem, yet we have it here at our fingertips, for free. This is why we can't have nice stuff.

Since the dictators of America try to ban ip addresses

fify

As for Dr B, their are a lot of AMEs in the industry who think very low of you, and your scare tactics into sending you money for consulting for "difficult" cases.

I can understand that. I'm sure there are AMEs who will issue you without putting the time and effort into doing it right and resent Bruce for showing them up with all the "unnecessary" rigamarole. If their pilots never need a post crash investigation then I guess they won that gamble.

You question pot smokers cognitive abilities but at your age, and more importantly your bullying towards some members, I begin to question your cognitive abilities. Pretty sure dementia begins to show its symptoms around your age. if anyone needs help from Dr B my guess is the first thing he asks for is $$$. Dr B go watch reefer madness again...

No one who regularly smokes pot should talk about old people's declining cognitive abilities.

As for the $$$, you have no idea how much free help this man has dished out over a lifetime.

Both comments just make you look really, really sad.

Well, let's see if I can explain this...

It meant that the troll was back. Perhaps there's another troll I should alert people about.

Maybe you don't understand the words "purpose" and "value".

Let's clear the air, I am in no way or was a heavy user , I hadn't smoked since I was in 10th grade and went almost 15 years since, I was taking a career change in January and started snokeing for stress, for you haters, smoking lowered my blood pressure, helped me lose 20lbs, and got me through a very rough time of life. I smoked for 8 months,once at the end of my day. I quit because I wanted to start flying again but wanted to do it the right way.

I am glad to hear that Op!

Did you change fields or still with the rail roads?

They never are.

Best of luck to the OP, but this lack of insight isn't promising. The cognitive effects of weed last for months after cessation.

yep....I know several friends who went through rehab and it took them a while to get back to normal.

Old? You mean those of us who were in college in the early 70s? I don't recall pot being around in those days. ;)

If you remember those days, you weren't really there... :rolleyes:

Looks like someone really wants to get their entry in for "Dick of the Year 2016" before it's too late.

I think we have a winner.

Your cognition isn't something you're worried about? I would be, considering Doc Chien answered your question already and you missed it.

THC is fat soluble too... you can get THC stored in your fat, then work out months down the road after staying clean and then test dirty.
The less body fat the quicker it's out of your system. Are you big or fat?

The real issue here, is that after prolonged heavy exposure, the brain is demonstrably not ready until at least 6 months has gone by

Do you have a citation for this? I was able to dig up behavioral studies that showed changes for as long as 28 days. But the only evidence of changes I could find with a longer duration were MRI based. And, frankly, if the changes still manifesting are only detectible by MRI, then I'm thinking that the concern is overblown. Given that behavioral changes were undetectable it seems reasonable to posit that the MRI detected changes rather than deficiencies. I'd like to read more if there is a study I've missed.

My feeling about responding to possible trolls is that if the issue presented and the advice returned have wide applicability across the Interwebs, then it's all good. More people read forums than participate in them.

Rich
You didn't see the posts that were deleted. But maybe it's better that the troll be exposed for the ass that he or she is.

The troll was not the original poster. He or she had a username Unitedcap, then started using it as a guest name when that username was banned. Just letting everyone know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back