Update on urine tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unknown

so I posted a month back on how I kept failing at home drug tests and refused to get back into training until I could pass( as a reward )

Update: early December I was still failing so i decided to go to a lab to take a real test. At the lab I failed the instant results (again) however, they sent it to the lab to get my levels and I was negative (below 15ng level) !!!

Weird thing is I still cannot pass an at home or quick strip test. Not sure why.

The quick strip tests measure to a 50ng/ml level, however, the lab measures to the 15ng/ml level . I'm not on an meds or suplaments so I don't know why I can't pass the over the counter drug test.

Any ideas? Dr Bruce?

If anyone knows any good doctors that are in the so cal area I'd like to get there opinions on the manner as well.

I think you're missing the point of the forum, how's that high horse treating you?

Great actually, thanks for asking.

But my station in life isn't really the issue, I'd wager it's logic, do you still use drugs???

Great actually, thanks for asking.

But my station in life isn't really the issue, I'd wager it's logic, do you still use drugs???

No i didn't even fly while I was using that was the whole point of the drug tests to start flying when I was clean.

I remember your other thread. Assuming you've been off the stuff the whole time: Is there a brand name of test kit you are using? Does it have a reputation for false positives? Are you reading the test strip correctly?

The lab you went to used a quick test first (fail), and then sent a sample somewhere else for a full workup (pass)?

I wonder if the quick strips use some chemicals that are just reacting oddly to something in your system?

No i didn't even fly while I was using that was the whole point of the drug tests to start flying when I was clean.

That wasn't my question.

Do you use drugs AT ALL right now?

Nobody gives a hoot how sensitive the home tests are. You failed for the same reason you failed the prelim tests at the lab. He's not getting positives for THC-metabolites from poppyseeds or muffins, by the way (unless someone is making him hash-muffins).

I'm wondering if it is something in my pee doesn't mix well with the instant tests, been clean for 80days

Maybe some weed seed you inhaled started growing in your gut :eek:

upload_2016-12-27_16-25-59.png

Nobody will bust you on a prelim. If the prelim is positive they do the more extensive tests, which you say are fine. 80 days should be plenty long enough.
That said, if you want to make this any sort of career absolute abstinence forever is a must.

Nobody will bust you on a prelim. If the prelim is positive they do the more extensive tests, which you say are fine. 80 days should be plenty long enough.
That said, if you want to make this any sort of career absolute abstinence forever is a must.

Not going as a career I'm a engineer that pays plenty just want to fly

Nobody gives a hoot how sensitive the home tests are. You failed for the same reason you failed the prelim tests at the lab. He's not getting positives for THC-metabolites from poppyseeds or muffins, by the way (unless someone is making him hash-muffins).

Secondhand smoke?

You do realize there's no drug test for an airman medical exam? Only employers test...

Thank goodness for that.....you can smoke all the reefer you want and get a 3rd class but god forbid a GP gave you some concerta when you where 9......:eek:

I don't see people "burning" and taking to the skies being a problem now, or ever. They simply don't have enough in common. Alcohol on the other hand...

...And the NTSB autopsy

Not a big deterrent.....

I am having issues with employees who live along a border with a state that legalized pot, and trying to figure out policies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a big deterrent.....

I am having issues with employees who live along a border with a state that legalized pot, and trying to figure out policies.

It's pretty straightforward where I work despite California legalizing it. If you test dirty, you're fired.

Not a big deterrent.....

We talking burger flippers of fork lift drivers?

It's pretty straightforward where I work despite California legalizing it. If you test dirty, you're fired.

If that was the case, I would never be able to hire an employee.

We talking burger flippers of fork lift drivers?

Guys that make fork-lift operators look safe in comparison.

Much higher risk, more danger. Think about OSHA shaking their head and walking away.....

The OTC test measures different cannabinoids from the controlled test. At this point it's all cases and I'd have to see the who and why on the OTC test packaging.

However, what you describe is common in candidates with a long history of repetitive use/abuse. You are going to have difficulty. The guys with subtle use in the past are hard to detect. The guys with a lot of use- well let's just say the constabulary has no difficulty picking them. So an AME won't have any difficulty either. It has to do with how you manage multiple tasks, and like the Sim. Captains we're very good at that.....

Best of luck.

Not a big deterrent.....

Yeah, we all gotta die some day :rolleyes:

I'm confused here....why is the Op worried about blazing up if he won't get drug tested for his medical?

...because he might. In May 2015 aam 200 declared that AMEs are not to miss any cases of substance and would be "scored" on that. Everyone who got the memo is taking that very seriously.

If his thinks cogently and his mental status mini-exam checks out, prolly not. But he sounds like a typical case....a good bit of use. Most lay folks believe that when it's gone in the pee, its out of system. Not True. It affects cognition for months.

How do you think the police pick them out? A little conversation and it all falls apart.

I wish the OP luck and recovery- but he's been pretty far into it.

Last edited:
...because he might.

If his thinks cogently and his mental status mini-exam checks out, prolly not. But he sounds like a typical case....a good bit of use. Most lay folks believe that when it's gone in the pee, its out of system. Not True. It affects cognition for months.

How do you think the police pick them out? A little conversation and it all falls apart.

I wish the OP luck and recovery- but he's been pretty far into it.

I guess everyone is missing the question. I passed a lab gas test they are extremely accurate , but for some reason I cannot pass an over the counter Walgreens instant test. That is what I'm wondering about . As for my cognitive level I'm not worried about that.

Guys that make fork-lift operators look safe in comparison.

Much higher risk, more danger. Think about OSHA shaking their head and walking away.....

Longshoremen? Yeah. If drug testing were a real thing, there'd be no one to unload the boats. LoL

I guess everyone is missing the question. I passed a lab gas test they are extremely accurate , but for some reason I cannot pass an over the counter Walgreens instant test. That is what I'm wondering about . As for my cognitive level I'm not worried about that.

Your cognition isn't something you're worried about? I would be, considering Doc Chien answered your question already and you missed it.

THC is fat soluble too... you can get THC stored in your fat, then work out months down the road after staying clean and then test dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back