United something you will never hear about...

Warlock

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Warlock
I live in the affected area of Harvey and rain has cut us off from getting out...23 inches in the last 24 hours...

The wife works as a FA for United and he 4 day has turned into a 5 but United is stepping up and flying a 777 from ORD with no packs (A few Employees mechanics and Management on duty, no Non Rev's less than 15 total ) to a closed IAH with food and water for the airport...My wife joked that they had six plus hours of fuel for missed approaches...350 empty seats...all humanitarian...and then back to ORD empty. She gets to sleep at the domicile and hope the car is not flooded at the employee parking lot...stuck passengers and employees at IAH will be the beneficiary, and all for free...sometimes they do things right.

UAL 2761 lands in 15 min...if it makes it the first approach...and back to ORD when unloaded...

As per FlightRadar, down and taxi to the terminal at this timestamp.

Man.... one of those would hold a LOT of deep dish....

Scuttlebutt is they are working on an Employee rescue trip

It took me a moment to figure out you meant no pax as in passengers rather than no packs which are used for cabin environmental control (heating & cooling).

The flight carried employees into Houston to aid in the recovery effort and was returning with UAL passengers stranded in Houston as well as stranded checked baggage that needed to get out of Houston.

Back