Turn Your Trnasponders Off!

Sure am, you really think a "terrorist" group couldnt find some white boy to do the same work?

What have I done, same thing Geico is doing, when I see something wrong occurring I stand the f@ck up and say something / do something.

This is the reason we have this police state, because people just let it happen instead of saying not today. If more people stood up instead of laying down when these things occur we wouldn't have some of the problems we have today.

+1....:thumbsup:

Can someone explain the "wrong" here?

Geico got his N-number recorded. That's not personal information. You broadcast it over the radio.

If there were some enforcement activity or a detention or a search of personal property, that would be another story. But ANYONE is allowed to record who arrives at an airport for any reason whatsover. That has nothing to do with a police state, but has everything to do with being in a public space.

So, just what is the complaint? That DHS is clueless? That might be true, but it's not actionable. What outcome is desired here? No one is going to tell any organization that they can't make a phone call to ask a question.

It was a BS fishing expedition that could easily have been a BS hunting expedition King et al style. For all we know the only reason Geico didn't get a ramp sandwich is stormtrooper central didn't have any Armored vehicles full of stormtroopers nearby. But you are right they didn't shoot his dog or his kids so we shouldn't complain.:rolleyes2:

Geico got his N-number recorded. That's not personal information. You broadcast it over the radio.

If there were some enforcement activity or a detention or a search of personal property, that would be another story. But ANYONE is allowed to record who arrives at an airport for any reason whatsover. That has nothing to do with a police state, but has everything to do with being in a public space.

So, just what is the complaint? That DHS is clueless? That might be true, but it's not actionable. What outcome is desired here? No one is going to tell any organization that they can't make a phone call to ask a question.

Okay, I'm ****ed off. :mad:

I landed and here comes the gas monkey twit (use to be a friend :rolleyes:) and he jumps out of his car runs up to my plane and writes the "N" number down and says "Homeland Security" called and wants to know your N number, that I was traveling at 180 knots ( it's an RV :dunno:) and breaking the rules. :eek

There's nothing to complain about, unless you just want to be a whiny little brat.

You weren't held against your will nor was any wrongful enforcement action taken.

As I've said before, a few months ago upon re-entering the country (of my birth) from vacation in Cancun, Mexico....

My wife, 8 year old son and I, were held in customs (DHLS) for nearly 40mins for no other reason than the fact that my first and last names are Arabic names!

Hell I'm not even Arab, don't look middle eastern nor do I have a criminal background. (Yeah profiling people based on their name/nationality/race or clothing, rather than their actions, is stupid and ineffective)!!!

Wife was a little ****ed because we didn't have time to grab a bite to eat before boarding our connecting flight to JFK. But other than that, nothing else was made of it.

Talking about harassment and profiling:mad2: Maybe we should file a lawsuit.

And you wanna ***** & moan because someone took down your N number:rolleyes2:

Last edited:
I agree with the above, no wrong done that I can see.

Another way to look at it is these people might just be doing their jobs. Perhaps there are "things" the public doesn't know and that is the reason for a particular action on their part? Seems reasonable to give them the benefit of the doubt. Besides I doubt they woke up and decided to go to work and ****-off some old white guy in his little plane. That doesn't even sound mildly entertaining.

Next time I fly commercial, I'm gonna stomp my feet, throw my passport on the floor, chant some gibberish and turn off my transponder:rofl:

Then IF I make it home, I'm gonna write my congressman, AOPA, the newspapers and TV stations and Obama:yes:

Yeah, from this thread yesterday morning...

I guess I missed it. How have you been inconvienanced? You were forced to watch a ramp rat write down your tail number? What else?

That's 230 INDICATED. No matter how fast I'm going (I've hit 260 ground speeds but I had a honking tailwind), I can't indicate above about 180. That's where the numbers stop on my ASI.

Good luck explaining that after they fire on you...

Nobodies getting fired on for busting 230KTS. Seriously. If you flew straight at the White House at 300kts at 5,000 feet VFR they would track you. The speed would make you stand out sooner. They would call you. As you approached the ADIZ they would call more and by this point probably launche interceptors. Around 20 miles or so you would be intercepted, identified and shot down if'n you did not turn away.

But shot down for a speed bust? Not gonna happen. Bust the airspace and don't comply with fighter jets while on a hostil track? well, good luck.

I heard the story. The line guy told me they thought you were a twin and then he thought you were a bonanza. I'm not sure how all there that line guy is but I think he's just trying to do is job and had no tact in to how to handle it. I don't know for sure whether the phone call is real or not but it did sound strange. The only thing I could think of was flying around congested airspace and flying fast but that shouldn't spark anything. People do it all the time. I honestly think that if someone thinks I did something wrong that I want to see proof or at least a badge. A grouchy old guy at the end of the runway could pull something just as easy. I see no reason to get angry, I would be more confused and want to know what's going on.

Israel profiles on El Al flights and it seems to work well for them.

The only risk group Larry would be in as a middle aged white guy would be some white collar crime. Flying from Colorado to Nebraska in an RV10 sure does scream fishy to me. :rolleyes:

If I recall, you said (on numerous occasions) that you were singled out and harrassed by a bunch of black thugs when you were in high school (or grade school).

How well did that profiling work out for you?

Ha.....

Are these the SAME people who let a 172 crash into the side of the White House when Clinton lived there...:dunno::yes::D

In that incident, no one outside the plane got hurt. If they had fired on it, people on the ground could have been hurt by falling debris if they hit the target, or by the stray missle or bullets if they missed.

If I recall, you said (on numerous occasions) that you were singled out and harrassed by a bunch of black thugs when you were in high school (or grade school).

How well did that profiling work out for you?

I don't understand the question. I got profiled because I was a white guy, I was an easy target, and they thought I had wronged them (By retorting to smart ass remark made by one of their girlfriends) They needed to feel big, so they beat up the guy was was 5'5 and 110 pounds his freshman year of high school (and for the record, half the group just wished they were black)

In that incident, no one outside the plane got hurt. If they had fired on it, people on the ground could have been hurt by falling debris if they hit the target, or by the stray missle or bullets if they missed.

Get real.....

They didn't even see it coming till it hit the side of the White House...:no::redface:

The worst part was it would look better for the schools stats to discipline me as the aggressor (less violent instances per student or some **** like that) and I got the brunt of the punishment, which was absolute horse ****. My parents pulled me out of school then.

I don't understand the question.

You were wrongly profiled because you were white.

The question is....Do you only support profiling when YOU aren't the one getting profiled?

Seems like it's ok with you as long as it's others that are getting harassed/profiled, based on nothing other than their color, name or appearance.

The question is....Do you only support profiling when YOU aren't the one getting profiled?

Seems like it's ok with you as long as it's others that are getting harassed/profiled, based on nothing other than their color, name or appearance.

Haha the only thing that might stop darkies from cop beat downs is the beat down program getting expanded to include lots of whitey. More abuse is the way forward, only way to stop this train is to run it off a cliff.

Get real.....

They didn't even see it coming till it hit the side of the White House...:no::redface:

Get real about what? I made no assertions about the reasons why they didn't fire on it.

Well, some people feel like they are wrongly profiled - I got "profiled" at TSA one time because I had a one way ticket and no carry-on bags. At least I figure that's why - they searched my bag and gave me a bomb test. I think we should adopt the El Al system if you read the article. It's not race or religion based.

I don't understand the question. I got profiled because I was a white guy, I was an easy target,

My point exactly.

Kinda sucks when you're on the receiving end huh :dunno:.
So at an early age, you've experienced what it's like to be unjustly treated (not talking about asking for your N-number:rolleyes:) based on someone’s perception of you. Not for something you're actually GUILTY of.

Welcome to the club.

I'd think you would be the last person to support harassment/profiling:nono:

My point exactly.

Kinda sucks when you're on the receiving end huh :dunno:.
So at an early age, you've experienced what it's like to be unjustly treated (not talking about asking for your N-number:rolleyes:) based on someone’s perception of you. Not for something you're actually GUILTY of.

Welcome to the club.

I'd think you would be the last person to support harassment/profiling:nono:

Please re-read my previous post.

Well, some people feel like they are wrongly profiled - I got "profiled" at TSA one time because I had a one way ticket and no carry-on bags. At least I figure that's why - they searched my bag and gave me a bomb test. I think we should adopt the El Al system if you read the article. It's not race or religion based.

I thought they searched everyone's bags and checked them for bombs:confused:

Nope. They scan everyone's carry on bags, not search. They search if they think there is something suspicious, you fit a super secret profile, or if they are bored.

Jim

I got "profiled" at TSA one time because I had a one way ticket and no carry-on bags. At least I figure that's why - they searched my bag and gave me a bomb test.

:rolleyes:

It was a BS fishing expedition that could easily have been a BS hunting expedition King et al style

This is not like the detention and search of the Kings. If I understand the story, Geico was not detained, not searched, and nobody pointed a gun at him.

If a federal agency wants to needlessly collect publicly available information, that's nothing new.

This is not like the detention and search of the Kings. If I understand the story, Geico was not detained, not searched, and nobody pointed a gun at him.

If a federal agency wants to needlessly collect publicly available information, that's nothing new.

Perhaps he wasn't felony stopped only because they had no ground assets nearby. No such thing as harmless gov meddling. Being OK with it makes you a bad American.

Perhaps he wasn't felony stopped only because they had no ground assets nearby. No such thing as harmless gov meddling. Being OK with it makes you a bad American.

I don't think it's right to blame people for things you think they might do in different circumstances. There's plenty of blame for what people actually do.

So he checked a bag and they searched it, BFD. He fit the profile. Was it a valid profile? I would say a last minute, one way ticket is a better profile than the color of your skin.

Jim

So what did they accomplish? Did they stop the next school shooting, mall massacure, federal building bombing or highjacking?

When do we start profiling people that get one way train and bus tickets?

The problem is when we start picking what's a "better profile". As in... a person with a certain name fits "a better profile", or a person with a certain look, fits a "better profile":nono:

Last edited:
So what did they accomplish? Did they stop the next school shooting, mall massacure or highjacking?

When do we start profiling people that get one way train and bus tickets?

I'm not up for people who are only interested in B&M on the internet. I'm don't feel like feeding your rants and self riotous pity fests. Change the things you cannot tolerate, or suck it up, get over it, and get on with life. Your choice.

Let me know how your last flight went or where you are going next. That I would be interested in.

Have a nice day/night, Redtail.

Jim

I'm not up for people who are only interested in B&M on the internet. I'm don't feel like feeding your rants and self riotous pity fests. Change the things you cannot tolerate, or suck it up, get over it, and get on with life. Your choice.

Let me know how your last flight went or where you are going next. That I would be interested in.

Have a nice day/night, Redtail.

Jim

I'm not the one ranting or having a pity fest, I'm simply pointing out that profiling is stupid and ineffective, and it seems like certain people are ok with it, as long as it's happening to others.

If you can't handle my point of view, that's your problem, not mine.

see ya.

Back