Turn Your Trnasponders Off!

Yes, but radars measure ground speed.

It won't be a violation if the airspeed is under the limit, but it's going to attract attention.
Especially near the DC SFRA. Heard the USAF call on Guard last month "Aircraft [location somewhere near the SFRA], 5500 feet, heading [toward the SFRA], squawking 1200, reduce your speed to below 230 knots immediately." Guess they were going a lot faster than the 230 knot limit for VFR within 60nm of DCA, and headed inbound. That'll definitely get their attention.

The "complaint" was I was over 180 knots. No where (accordingto the local FSDO) is it illegal for me to have gone 180 knots. I called them and the Office Manager confirmed I did nothing wrong. This is the first time he has heard of this.
Somebody's thinking of the old 180mph (156 KIAS) rule for Airport Traffic Areas.

If you too fearful of the government to fly with the transponder on then please just stop flying. The transponder should be ON for you safety and others.

That's really what they want, for us to stop flying. You're not very free if you can't travel at will.

Geico, grant no quarter.

The only remaining question is, have you ****ed anyone off lately, Geico? Someone that would fabricate a suspicious airplane report?

I'll call the number tomorrow and harass them out of an answer for you.

The multi-agency data sharing Bravo Sierra in New Mexico, mainly designed to create make work jobs. Same people who tipped off a Sheriff to do a full assault style takedown of John and Martha King.

I always thought Martha King was a drug runner. ;)

:rofl:

Actions taken so far....

1. Wrote emails to all congress critters demanding an investigation as to who, what, when, and why.
2. Wrote to FOIA ( Freedom of Information Act) requesting all documentation, reports, radar tape copies, ext., and communication pertaining to this incident.
3. Contacted the local FSDO to affirm I did not break any rules yesterday.
4. Bitched and moaned to POA members. :D

Actions to be taken......

1. Contact EAA, AOPA and log a complaint.
2. Contact the airport authority and file a complaint about the actions of the FBO lineman.
3. Corner the little bastard the turned in my tail number and remind him of some very basic laws of GEICO's world. :yes:

Last edited:
Hmmm...I think every airplane flying over my property may have just become suspicious. :stirpot:

The only direct name with a link to that number I find is a prior listed phone number for a building planning official at a co.clark.nv.us email address.

However, there are a number of DHS phone numbers that share the (951) 656 prefix.

Including, curiously enough, this one:

http://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fi...eventing-terrorism-and-enhancing-security.pdf

this one:

http://www.nbaa.org/ops/intl/custom...thern-border-overflight-exemption-process.php

this one:
http://www.airspacecoordination.org/coord/rangemeetings/06westpac.pdf

and this one:

I guess I missed it. How have you been inconvienanced? You were forced to watch a ramp rat write down your tail number? What else?

Especially near the DC SFRA. Heard the USAF call on Guard last month "Aircraft [location somewhere near the SFRA], 5500 feet, heading [toward the SFRA], squawking 1200, reduce your speed to below 230 knots immediately." Guess they were going a lot faster than the 230 knot limit for VFR within 60nm of DCA, and headed inbound. That'll definitely get their attention.

That's 230 INDICATED. No matter how fast I'm going (I've hit 260 ground speeds but I had a honking tailwind), I can't indicate above about 180. That's where the numbers stop on my ASI.

Actions taken so far....

1. Wrote emails to all congress critters demanding an investigation as to who, what, when, and why.
2. Wrote to FOIA ( Freedom of Information Act) requesting all documentation, reports, radar tape copies, ext., and communication pertaining to this incident.

2. Contact the airport authority and file a complaint about the actions of the FBO lineman.
3. Corner the little bastard the turned in my tail number and remind him of some very basic laws of GEICO's world. :yes:

Don't email your congressman, call their district office and ask for their "constituent services director"

They get so many emails from cranks, that they usually ignore most emails. But a phone call from a constituent gets their attention.

If you need help identifying who to call, send me a PM.

A reverse lookup for the number 951-656-0982 shows the number belonging to an elderly female. The carrier is Verizon and it shows as a residential land line.

Really?
Google says it's a cell phone

Really?
Google says it's a cell phone

Google says nothing ... it is a search engine that links to many, many sites, including a laundry list of fee for service ventures, many of which are garbage and sporting conflicting and erroneous data.

Besides, who would think DHS publishes all their working numbers?

Google says nothing ... it is a search engine that links to many, many sites, including a laundry list of fee for service ventures, many of which are garbage and sporting conflicting and erroneous data.

Besides, who would think DHS publishes all their working numbers?

Does searching for DHS numbers get reported to the DHS?:yikes:

CBP doesn't care about breaking 200 kts below a class B. It's not even close to being in their jurisdiction. Also, it's an indicated restriction not a ground speed (radar). They'd be investigating hundreds of cases around the country if that was the case. ATC isn't going to make an issue out of it either.

Whatever rule they think you broke it isn't a speed violation.
It's a DWB offense - just like not signaling long enough.

Actions taken so far....

Really?

DWB - you get pulled over.

Middle eastern, you get selected for "random inspections" by the TSA.

Flying low, fast, squaking 1200, you get to talk to the DEA. If you had been in a twin instead of a little homebuilt the local SWAT / drug dogs would have been all over you.

You think you have any more traction than the thousands of others that get "profiled"?

Bull****. I was a frequent flyer on two airlines until two years ago, and I never, ever saw middle eastern-looking people selected for anything. To the contrary, I've seen TSA completely ignore ME-looking people while they were groping grandmas in wheelchairs.

Bull****. I was a frequent flyer on two airlines until two years ago, and I never, ever saw middle eastern-looking people selected for anything. To the contrary, I've seen TSA completely ignore ME-looking people while they were groping grandmas in wheelchairs.

I used to fly with middle eastern individuals regularly for work. They get checked. Not always, but more often than the typical honky.

Really?

DWB - you get pulled over.

Flying low, fast, squaking 1200, you get to talk to the DEA. If you had been in a twin instead of a little homebuilt the local SWAT / drug dogs would have been all over you.

You think you have any more traction than the thousands of others that get "profiled"?

The man was wronged, he was treated in a manner that should NOT happen in the US and he is fighting the good fight, for his rights and yours.

This bend over and take it mentality that runs soo ramped nowadays sickens me.

I support GEICOs actions 100% !

The man was wronged, he was treated in a manner that should NOT happen in the US and he is fighting the good fight, for his rights and yours.

:yes:

So say we all.

We all do. Some of us just doubt he will get satisfaction or change anything for the next guy. Cops are killing dogs and kids every week, his deal is wrong but chickensh*t in comparison.

A) You sure someone isn't just messing with Mr Geico? Is this really another case of overreaching / profiling, or is it a case of someone with a grudge? Really impossible to say without that FOIA request response. I look forward to seeing it.

B) To me harassing a line guy is about like harassing the guy who brings you food. The line guy was "out of line" (*kneeslap*) but probably fairly harried and concerned.

The US is now a police state. Get use to it, it's not going to get better.

Don't email your congressman, call their district office and ask for their "constituent services director"

They get so many emails from cranks, that they usually ignore most emails. But a phone call from a constituent gets their attention.

If you need help identifying who to call, send me a PM.

Great idea. Thanks!

A) You sure someone isn't just messing with Mr Geico? Is this really another case of overreaching / profiling, or is it a case of someone with a grudge? Really impossible to say without that FOIA request response. I look forward to seeing it.

B) To me harassing a line guy is about like harassing the guy who brings you food. The line guy was "out of line" (*kneeslap*) but probably fairly harried and concerned.

It was really the HS pricks. They actually called back to the FBO looking for my cell number as we were disconnected by a weak cell area when I was talking to them. The number they gave me is to HS. So this is no prank.

It was really the HS pricks. They actually called back to the FBO looking for my cell number as we were disconnected by a weak cell area when I was talking to them. The number they gave me is to HS. So this is no prank.
Damn. Well. I hope you get satisfaction.

So say we all.

So, I would assume that all of you are also opposed to profiling those from the middle east when they get on a commercial flight?

What have you done to voice your opposition?

So, I would assume that all of you are also opposed to profiling those from the middle east when they get on a commercial flight?

What have you done to voice your opposition?

Sure am, you really think a "terrorist" group couldnt find some white boy to do the same work?

What have I done, same thing Geico is doing, when I see something wrong occurring I stand the f@ck up and say something / do something.

This is the reason we have this police state, because people just let it happen instead of saying not today. If more people stood up instead of laying down when these things occur we wouldn't have some of the problems we have today.

Back