Turbulence Technique advice...help?

Yes, but first 2 questions: (1) Of which, Va or Vo; and (2) Do you want math and words or just words?

Nauga,
and the knee in the curve

How about "Words you'd want a CFI to teach someone flying your family members around someday" for $100, Bob? ;)

Yes, but first 2 questions: (1) Of which, Va or Vo; and (2) Do you want math and words or just words?

Nauga,
and the knee in the curve
More interested in the words. I lokely would not folow the math...

Tim

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

More interested in the words. I lokely would not folow the math...
Gimme a day or two. This one's going to take more than my usual amount of proffreading ;)

Here's a teaser: Va is a design speed, Vo is an operating limitation. The distinction is important :D

Nauga,
and the paper vs. metal airplane debate

I Still struggle with corner speed. I have had multiple military pilots try and explain the math behind it, and I never understand it. At this point, I just accept it, even if it does not make sense. :D

Tim

Corner airspeed is simply the speed at and above which Maximum G is available. Below corner airspeed you cannot over-G the plane regardless of how hard you pull on the stick because the wing will stall before you reach an over-stress.

Gimme a day or two. This one's going to take more than my usual amount of proffreading ;)

Here's a teaser: Va is a design speed, Vo is an operating limitation. The distinction is important :D
I wrote this up and promptly forgot about it. For your reading pleasure (or comic relief):

Nauga,
who hopes it helps

Attachments

• Va Vo and you.pdf
    671 KB · Views: 27
Back