Trevor Jacob

If he did pass a check ride, I wonder how long that DPE will remain a DPE. FAA can tolerate some things, but being publicly embarrassed is not one of them (nor should it, especially in this case - this is the ultimate "anti authority" dangerous attitude).
I don’t see why a DPE would be faulted for a pilot passing a post-revocation private checkride after the waiting period.

If he did pass a check ride, I wonder how long that DPE will remain a DPE. FAA can tolerate some things, but being publicly embarrassed is not one of them (nor should it, especially in this case - this is the ultimate "anti authority" dangerous attitude).

Why would a DPE get in trouble for performing a reissuance checkride after the 1 year revocation period expired? If the Administrator intended to permanently revoke the certificate, he would have.

Do you have a similar question about the DPE that reissued the certificate for Martha "The Bridge" Lunken?

What part of the examination for a cert requires the DPE to assess the applicants character or the political ramifications of allowing an applicant to attain their certificate?

Better yet, how would a DPE document why the applicant failed the checkride?

Is there any avenue for a DPE to use information gathered outside the checkride itself to fail an applicant?

Last edited:
If Trevo did the CFI re training, got the log book endorsement, and did check ride in the legally required way then - by definition it was legal.

I’m thinking of reading how the FAA has removed DPEs for various reasons that have puzzled pilots.

As the “in your face” this strikes me, I’m thinking the powers that be might look at this DPE.

Maybe I’m too suspicious / jaded ……

There's a Trevor D Jacob in the airman database, but shows only a medical with color blindness restriction. The one posted earlier has no such restriction. The posted one shows an issue date of June, I kind of doubt that it would not have been updated in 5 months, I call BS on the certificate being issued at all.

Also, how can a certificate number be pending? No matter the rating, it comes all the way forward from a person’s original student certificate number and never changes.
Even when they're are revoked?

If Trevo did the CFI re training, got the log book endorsement, and did check ride in the legally required way then - by definition it was legal.

I’m thinking of reading how the FAA has removed DPEs for various reasons that have puzzled pilots.

As the “in your face” this strikes me, I’m thinking the powers that be might look at this DPE.

Maybe I’m too suspicious / jaded ……
I too am quite jaded....but if the faa really wanted to play the optics game. This guy has given a handful of admissions for his medical to be pulled, and not just his profound idiocy. Take it out of an examiners hands.

As long as his last medical was still good when it expired the FAA can’t do much of anything about him flying under sport pilot rules as long as he passed a sport pilot check ride again after the revocation.

Even when they're are revoked?
How can you get a DPE sign off without a certificate number? You can’t apply for a DPE check ride in IACRA without one.

A temporary issued in June would be expired by now, not to mention that if he held a pilot certificate that long then the FAA database would have also been updated by now. My guess is OKC decided that conditions 2 or 3 applied...

As long as his last medical was still good when it expired the FAA can’t do much of anything about him flying under sport pilot rules as long as he passed a sport pilot check ride again after the revocation.
If it expired, then he could even do the Basic Med path.

How can you get a DPE sign off without a certificate number? You can’t apply for a DPE check ride in IACRA without one.
Yes, you can. It will say “PENDING.”

But as @dmspilot noted, the temporary shown has already expired.

there is a job posting for Aviation Safety Assistant (Office Automation) at the FAA, responsibilities include processing airman certs etc....

Yes, you can. It will say “PENDING.”

But as @dmspilot noted, the temporary shown has already expired.

Just for another POV, and I'm bored, I called our Atlanta FISDO. According to them, your initial temp student certificate will be "pending", but after that everything is tied to your originally issued certificate number. Even for a re instatement.

My opinion: Something just doesn't seem right with the license shown in the post above.

Last edited:
Some folks crave attention so much they will do anything to be noticed. I would not be surprised if he goes through a sex change operation to get attention.

Move over Bruce...

What part of the examination for a cert requires the DPE to assess the applicants character or the political ramifications of allowing an applicant to attain their certificate?
Well, just to be hyper-technical, on the character part, there is all that stuff about...

1702055342999.png
and in the Human Factors preflight Task there's...

1702054962738.png

But I would not expect a DPE who agreed to do the checkride to begin with to go too far in using what was then a pending case as a reason for failure so long as the right answers were given. And I definitely wouldn't be looking at action against their DPE certification when even convicted felons are eligible to ATP certificates, even though those do include a "moral character" requirement.

Just for another POV, and I'm bored, I called our Atlanta FISDO. According to them, your initial temp student certificate will be "pending", but after that everything is tied to your originally issued certificate number. Even for a re instatement.

My opinion: Something just doesn't seem right with the license shown in the post above.
If you're still bored... Can you call whatever FISDO is in his area and inquire about his status of being a pilot? That's public knowledge correct? That might clear all of this up :lol: and you'd be a hero of course.

Sure - just give me the certificate number to cross reference …….:)

You know what they say about assuming, right?

You assume incorrectly.

Last edited:
All this complaining, and y'all still helped him get paid by watching his videos

All this complaining, and y'all still helped him get paid by watching his videos
Not me. Never have watched either one of this idiot's or Gryder's... or most others. Like I told my kids for years, we don't reward bad behavior.

Reactions: WDD
Back