Transporting guns on private plane

Look, what part of shall not be infringed do you not understand? It is only in the aftermath that one should be concerned. And, yes, in some states it could be a very bad day for you after the fact. But before that time is the reason you carry.

Yes, know the laws, even seek compliance as you think necessary. But a bad law, even if mandated, remains a bad law.

Let's get real folks, there is no restriction in any of the states he will pass thru that prohibits carrying guns in an airplane.

Simply do not create attention to your self by running around the secure area waving guns around and you'll be OK. There is no one going to search your aircraft just because you stopped for fuel. If they wanted to, they must have just cause, don't give it to them.

Be Smart, be inconspicuous, be safe.

Have a fun trip.

I've made a point to not fly to states where my 2nd Amendment rights, and my TX CHL are not honored.

I've made a point to not fly to states where my 2nd Amendment rights, and my TX CHL are not honored.

Make a spectacle out of your self, see if Tx. doesn't kick your butt too. CCW or not.

Let's get real folks, there is no restriction in any of the states he will pass thru that prohibits carrying guns in an airplane.

Simply do not create attention to your self by running around the secure area waving guns around and you'll be OK. There is no one going to search your aircraft just because you stopped for fuel. If they wanted to, they must have just cause, don't give it to them.

Have a fun trip.

Exactly, this isn't a big deal and happens all the time. I remember back in the day there were no carry permits in the US unless you had sufficient cause, and it required licensing. People still carried without going to jail because no one is looking for it. It's like flying without a license or medical, don't draw attention to yourself, and no one will ever know.

Have a fun trip.
yup...it never happens.....:no:

http://avstop.com/news_august_2010/...eld_by_gunpoint_over_aircraft_tail_number.htm

SBA_photo-2.jpg

Marth_King_At_Guunpoint.jpg

I haven't made a flight in over 20 years that didn't have a loaded firearm on board. I have my reasons. Your flight locations and missions may or may not favor a weapon. Figure it out for your own self. One rule doesn't apply to all.

what is the possibility of your aircraft reported stolen? specially in a high drug traffic area.

mine?.....I'd do a Hallelujah dance if it were so.....but, that probability is close to nill. It's in a locked hangar and it's in a million pieces.:rofl: :D

mine?.....I'd do a Hallelujah dance if it were so.....but, that probability is close to nill. It's in a locked hangar and it's in a million pieces.:rofl: :D

Send me your N number, and location, we can make this happen. :)

Remember the insurance companies are the only ones paying full price for aircraft.

Not out west. The only time you must have a permit is when the hand gun is concealed in certain cities or federal lands such as an airport or reservation, park, state forest camp grounds.

Generally, if you are on open range, you are good to go with it loaded and concealed.

Wa's new law does not prevent any one from transporting any weapon. It's just for sales and transferring the ownership. we are required to have a CCW to carry loaded and concealed.

Tom, to carry a concealed handgun in the state of Washington you must have a CPL (Concealed Pistol License). I don't think loaded/unloaded matters. Probably doesn't apply in your home or place of business (if you own it). But, open range? I'm not familiar with any such relaxation. Doesn't matter to me, I have a CPL.

Tom, to carry a concealed handgun in the state of Washington you must have a CPL (Concealed Pistol License). I don't think loaded/unloaded matters. Probably doesn't apply in your home or place of business (if you own it). But, open range? I'm not familiar with any such relaxation. Doesn't matter to me, I have a CPL.

:lol: I've always found that transposition funny as CCW is a criminal charge.

In Colorado, Concealed Handgun Permits (CHP) is the new terminology under Colorado law for what used to be called Concealed Weapons Permits, or CCW.

In Colorado, Concealed Handgun Permits (CHP) is the new terminology under Colorado law for what used to be called Concealed Weapons Permits, or CCW.

And one of the fallouts is that a concealed knife might be illegal even though the carrier has a CHP.

:lol: I've always found that transposition funny as CCW is a criminal charge.

And one of the fallouts is that a concealed knife might be illegal even though the carrier has a CHP.

sneaky sob's ... I really dislike politicians more every day.

sneaky sob's ... I really dislike politicians more every day.

I'm quite certain the founding fathers included a knife in the definition of arms.

:confused: How does Concealed Weapons Permit make CCW for an acronym? Wouldn't it be CWP? The only time I have seen CCW is on a booking sheet.:lol:

Thanks again for the advice. So it appears that as long as you are not transporting something like an AR15 rifle then it is allowed as long as it is kept unloaded, locked and in the baggage compartment.

Nothing wrong with a AR, I wouldn't really worry about it one way or another.

:confused: How does Concealed Weapons Permit make CCW for an acronym? Wouldn't it be CWP? The only time I have seen CCW is on a booking sheet.:lol:

Because it wasn't Concealed Weapons Permit ... permit should have been lower case ... it was Concealed Carry Weapon (CCW) permit... I did a cut an paste from a web page and didn't proofread.

Thanks again for the advice. So it appears that as long as you are not transporting something like an AR15 rifle then it is allowed as long as it is kept unloaded, locked and in the baggage compartment.

Not really, some states ban/permit individual weapons... These could be AR's, rifles, shotguns or just your typical handgun. it could be the state doesn't like the round count, color of the handgun, or simply because the state hasn't approved that model??

Nothing wrong with a AR, I wouldn't really worry about it one way or another.

Actually since the OP lives in California the AR is very bad. It is prohibited because it has a detachable magazine. The cops can have them but the people can't. Nevermind that pesky piece of paper called the constitution with its attached bill of rights...

Actually since the OP lives in California the AR is very bad. It is prohibited because it has a detachable magazine. The cops can have them but the people can't. Nevermind that pesky piece of paper called the constitution with its attached bill of rights...

People in California can have AR's they just have to have specific cosmetic features to make them appear safe...

Google "bullet button", that is a California invention.

In many cases the laws are so confusing that it is in fact easiest to just not bother, which of course was probably the intention...

Glock Gen4's aren't legal for civilians in CA either. Gen 3's are ok. Why?

Back