Tom Brady Retiring

Ventucky Red

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jon
Love him or hate him (the camp I am in), you have to respect his part in the accomplishments in getting teams to the Super Bowl - considering he was what 199th draft pick.

Don't think we're going to see another one in our lifetime.

We just looked that up at lunch. He's worth 250M, she 400M, so ~650M between the two of them. Yeah, he's not going to miss that 15M bonus.

Yeah ... I loved that show! :rofl:

proxy-image

I know that was supposed to be a joke with a reference to the show, but I didn’t get it.
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia, it's always Marcia.

(not that I ever watched the show).

No doubt. He still played great this past season. No where near sucking. But maybe he felt like the downhill slide was coming on and that the effort to stay at the top was becoming too much. Once that slide starts, it can happen quickly. It would have been sweet to see him retire after winning #8 in the Super Bowl this year but the team was too battered. I think 7 is out of the reach of any other player but I think he’d like to have put his total out of the reach of any coach. 8 might have done that, 7 might not be. But for a single player to have more championships than any team or coach in the history of the game is amazing.

With TB12 retiring, Gronk will be right behind him. The Bucs will be relegated to being just another crappy team again. :D

So next step… runs for Governor of Massachusetts?

It would have been sweet to see him retire after winning #8 in the Super Bowl this year but the team was too battered. I think 7 is out of the reach of any other player but I think he’d like to have put his total out of the reach of any coach. 8 might have done that, 7 might not be. But for a single player to have more championships than any team or coach in the history of the game is amazing.
Actually Brady doesn't have more Super Bowl Championships than any coach. Belichick has 8 Super Bowl Championships, 6 as Head Coach of the Patriots and 2 as the Defensive Coordinator of the Giants. Additionally Belichick has been to the Super Bowl 11 times as either Head Coach, defensive Coordinator, or an assistant coach

Actually Brady doesn't have more Super Bowl Championships than any coach. Belichick has 8 Super Bowl Championships, 6 as Head Coach of the Patriots and 2 as the Defensive Coordinator of the Giants. Additionally Belichick has been to the Super Bowl 11 times as either Head Coach, defensive Coordinator, or an assistant coach
Yeah,
But Belichick gets an * next to his wins.

Love him or hate him (the camp I am in), you have to respect his part in the accomplishments in getting teams to the Super Bowl - considering he was what 199th draft pick.

Don't think we're going to see another one in our lifetime.
I use to hate him. I equated him with Belichick. But after seeing what he could do with the lowly Buccaneers I developed an appreciation for his skill.

Of course you are correct, but I meant as a head coach. And he has zero without Brady. Brady has one without him. Don’t get me wrong, Belichick is one of the all time great coaches. Of that there is no doubt. I just think Brady wanted to show everyone what he could do without Belichick. He did that.

But even he couldn’t make Cleveland into a consistent winner, they did have 1 year they were a wildcard, but otherwise losing seasons.

gee, maybe a team owner also had something to do with winning?

maybe?

Maybe. But I'm certain that a few had something to do with losing.

yup, a big part of it is the owner getting out the way and letting the professionals figure out who to get ...

Life lesson for every kid out there.

Just a reminder - Tom Brady was a sixth round draft pick in 2000, 199th out of 254. Belichick picked him thinking "Eh, he can play on the practice squad", which he did his first year.

The top QB in 2000? Chad Pennington.

It would appear the biggest 198 dumbass mistakes in NFL history were made by the teams who drafted a player other than Brady that year. But how was one to know?

If you look at the top several QB picks each year throughout NFL history, you will see so many that amounted to nothing in the NFL. Many number ones were flops. Just proof that performance at one level and draft buzz does not always transfer to the next level, especially the NFL.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/qb

Wonder where St Joe Burrow will wind up on the list.

Cheers

Back