Tom Brady Retiring

Wonder where St Joe Burrow will wind up on the list.

Cheers
Well, he will have at least one super bowl appearance and I think probably a win. Whether he can repeat is hard to tell. NFL history is full of flash in the pan types and success takes a team. But what do I know? I always thought and hoped Drew Brees and the Saints would repeat. They didn’t but he is still an all time great QB.

It would appear the biggest 198 dumbass mistakes in NFL history were made by the teams who drafted a player other than Brady that year. But how was one to know?

If you look at the top several QB picks each year throughout NFL history, you will see so many that amounted to nothing in the NFL. Many number ones were flops. Just proof that performance at one level and draft buzz does not always transfer to the next level, especially the NFL.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/qb

argument to be made that Brady was nothing more than talent that worked his butt off, learned, and got developed. Star QBs that go from a first round pick to a starting position because a team is desperate for a QB find out why that team is desperate. They can’t develop because they’re getting beat up every week. Many people who get thrown straight into the fire burn.

argument to be made that Brady was nothing more than talent that worked his butt off, learned, and got developed. .

And that work/effort can separate good from the true stars.

Love him or hate him (the camp I am in), you have to respect his part in the accomplishments in getting teams to the Super Bowl - considering he was what 199th draft pick.

Don't think we're going to see another one in our lifetime.
One of the greatest cheaters in the history of sports.

And as a Giants fan may I add… 18-1.

It's a shame people don't understand, ya know, science

oh, and every couple of years the giants actually play in New York

It would appear the biggest 198 dumbass mistakes in NFL history were made by the teams who drafted a player other than Brady that year. But how was one to know?

If you look at the top several QB picks each year throughout NFL history, you will see so many that amounted to nothing in the NFL. Many number ones were flops. Just proof that performance at one level and draft buzz does not always transfer to the next level, especially the NFL.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/qb

Tim Tebow comes to mind...

To support your statement, Joe Montana #82 in the 3rd round?

Tim Tebow comes to mind...

To support your statement, Joe Montana #82 in the 3rd round?

Ah yes. Joe Montana. I was a sophomore at the Purdue - Norte Dame game in 1977 at Purdue when Purdue was winning until they hurt the ND QB and their coach put Montana in as a last resort. Joe led them to a comeback victory. Damn SOB! I don’t think he ever played backup again after that.

Back