Thread about actual beer

cerveza-polar-1.jpeg

My friend Kent is a deity of brewing. I took a six pack of his to Oshkosh one year, was told by several folks it was the best beer they ever had. Drank one of his last night, damn was it good.

3683.JPG

I usually don't drink beer, but when I do...

086428230502_850x.jpg

And this stuff is the gold standard in SE Asia. And an honest 5%. I drink it when I'm over there because beer is cheap, wine and liquor isn't, and I'm cheap.

Where in SE Asia are you talking about beer being cheap? It sure isn't Singapore. Probably the most expensive beer I've had. But, I will agree, Tiger Beer isn't bad at all.

This thread makes me want something..... something cold and refreshing.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....is it 17:00 zulu somewhere??

Wait.... It's 20:29z now!

Are we discriminating against the modern IPA's? Or are we arguing Lager vs Ale? Or?....

I like beer, ...period! Don't bring me none of that fruity stuff. And, no rent-a-beer from Colorado. I prefer a hearty Ale, a Hefeweizen, or occasionally a good Pilsner. About the most most "modern" micro-brew I'll drink is the Georgetown Bohdizafa. I also like good old Anchor Steam (the only really good product coming out of San Francisco these days).

This thread makes me want something..... something cold and refreshing.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....is it 17:00 zulu somewhere??

Wait.... It's 20:29z now!

I’ve had a rough on call week for work. It’s miller time in T minus 1hr20!

086428230502_850x.jpg

And this stuff is the gold standard in SE Asia. And an honest 5%. I drink it when I'm over there because beer is cheap, wine and liquor isn't, and I'm cheap.

Years ago, we used to go down to the old Indian section to eat curry and drink beerr. I think I liked the Tiger beer a little better than Anchor. After a couple of those, I had to really be careful, there was some pretty sketchy stuff going on in those bars.

Years ago, we used to go down to the old Indian section to eat curry and drink beerr. I think I liked the Tiger beer a little better than Anchor. After a couple of those, I had to really be careful, there was some pretty sketchy stuff going on in those bars.
LMAO @ "No Rent Beer from Colorado"

Where in SE Asia are you talking about beer being cheap? It sure isn't Singapore. Probably the most expensive beer I've had. But, I will agree, Tiger Beer isn't bad at all.

Vietnam. Singapore is stupid pricey.

ooooooh, I've been looking for a sanitized pen......

3683.JPG

I usually don't drink beer, but when I do...

086428230502_850x.jpg

I’ve had Tiger in China along with several other beers. Of course Tsingtao seems to be China’s best known but I also had Li Jiang, Pearl River, Yanjing, and some others which I can’t recall. Once travel opens up again and ticket prices drop, the wife and I plan to make another trip over there. Of course, drinking beer will be on the itinerary.

ooooooh, I've been looking for a sanitized pen......

Hey man! Want some sanitized chopsticks? Tell you what, I’ll post them in the classifieds, and you can buy them!

25BE7542-B672-414F-A5BB-C4FB51884D14.jpeg

Last edited:
May I interest anyone in some...
images
That stuff was the next step up from good ol' Olde English 800. Now Steel Reserve is a Weenie Brew compared to some of the other 'fortified' Malt Liquors out there. I figure just get something 'grainy', like a Nutrgrain Bar or something and wash it it down wit shots of Everclear

Last edited:
Spotted Cow, only available in Wisc. Yummy and a valid reason to be a pilot to grab some quickly.
Good beer. The last time that I had any was when I was doing some recurrent floatplane training in Wisconsin and my lovely lady instructor’s very lovely daughter brought some to the lake and we shared a couple. Nice girl.

I discovered Lord Hobo Glorious a couple of years ago. It's a New England-style IPA, which I didn't previously know was a thing.

It's now my mostest favoritest beer. If you can find it on tap, it's, well, Glorious.

glorious-pale-ale-2997_0.jpg

Spotted Cow, only available in Wisc

Oh, good call. I had forgotten about that. Whenever we visited friends in Lake Geneva they had a bunch of it in their fridge. Good stuff.

And @Pugs Le Two Hearted is a go-to in the Deelee household. Love that stuff. Even better ice cold on tap.

Oh, good call. I had forgotten about that. Whenever we visited friends in Lake Geneva they had a bunch of it in their fridge. Good stuff.

And @Pugs Le Two Hearted is a go-to in the Deelee household. Love that stuff. Even better ice cold on tap.
Hmm… I stand corrected. Good taste.

Spotted Cow, only available in Wisc. Yummy and a valid reason to be a pilot to grab some quickly.

I had it at Pete's last year in Oshkosh. I asked the bartender for a recommendation and he said I'd have a spotted cow or they'd put mayonnaise on my burger. Good call, both ways.

When in Charleston check out Palmetto Brewing Co. Good stuff.....note 7.2% alc/vol

PBC-Huger12ozLabelonCanUpdate.png

Back