Thread about actual beer

When in Oshkosh, check out "Chief Oshkosh" beer
6a0073676ff49b9a4d89ea0c2c4b3e72.jpg

I’m drinking a Blue Moon at the Hilton by OSH right now. Airport was a ghost town earlier.

At the tap room tonight

First up, Calfkiller porter:
8D2FF2BB-5607-467D-A912-ADE110275E45.jpeg

Followed by Left Hand Belgian tripel:

11BF7612-CC16-42AB-815B-F73F22640F6A.jpeg

Well, you do realize, that Anchor Steam is from The City, right? It's not a bad beer. I like it. I have just been spoiled on German Pilsners since... Uncle Sam sent me there.

Well, you do realize, that Anchor Steam is from The City, right? It's not a bad beer. I like it. I have just been spoiled on German Pilsners since... Uncle Sam sent me there.
Yes, I know where Anchor is made.

I got sold on Bitburger when I was on a bidness trip just outside Bitburg.

Yes, I know where Anchor is made.

I got sold on Bitburger when I was on a bidness trip just outside Bitburg.

Our go to beer was Heylands. I think they are a now defunct brewery but that was the big thing in Aschaffenburg, Germany in the eighties.

I was on a trip to Luxemburg and ate dinner one night at a restaurant with Bitburger as their house beer. I got back and talked to one of the guys in the glider club. Turns out he learned to fly gliders at his aunt’s place just across the river from my hotel. He said he used to work at the brewery. Every Friday each employee would get a free case of bottled water or beer. He said it was a pretty good gig for a 16yo.

There are so many good beers nowadays... it wasn't too many years ago that the Bud and Miller filled the coolers in the store with maybe one rack of the good stuff. Now that's reversed. :cheers:

For after flying or a hot summer day, I like a session IPA like Two Roads Lil' Heaven or Stony Creek Little Cranky, both local to me. For sitting by the fire on a cold night, a good English ale if I'm not sipping a single malt.

My son in law and I got into homebrewing a few years back, but it's so much work. So I gave all my equipment to him, now he does all the work and I still get to drink it.:)

Great thread. My spring brew session is rapidly approaching. Lots of brew ideas here for me to seek out a clone recipe.

hhhmm. lemme see what I can do. possible attendees:
deelee
rdupilot
bill
ryan
anyone but skydog
theisen

Hey hey hey.... c'mon.... I fixed it for you

I prefer wheat beers. Mostly Hefeweizens and Belgian Strong Ales. I detest most IPAs. I feel like beer snobs kept trying to get hoppier IPAs to see who would balk first at a bitter beer and no one is flinching.

Troeggs Mad Elf is fantastic but I haven't been able to grab some in 3 or 4 years. Pretty hard to find unless you're in the PA area.

Leinenkugels Sunset Wheat is a great summer beer.
Goose Island 312 Wheat
Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen is always a solid choice.
Cabin Boys Brewery - Bearded Theologian is a good Belgian strong ale as well.

I do enjoy a Yuengling as well, and of the high volume domestics, I prefer it hands-down over Bud Light/Coors/etc.

Next controversy: Draft vs bottles vs chamber pot vs cans. Just saying.

Next controversy: Draft vs bottles vs chamber pot vs cans. Just saying.
ROTFLMFAO. Pizzin in cans can be dangerous. Bottles are much safer. But yer gonna end up just pizzin half of it on the floor anyway, and there probably ain’t gonna be a chamber pot around anyway. And if that is even a point in the discussion, yer probably to poopoo faced to make it to the bathroom anyway so just whip it out, let loose and worry about it in the morning. Or draft, in mug. But you’ll probably just knock it over. If your lucky. Worst case scenario is you get thirsty again, grab the mug and………….

Last edited:
ROTFLMFAO. Pizzin in cans can be dangerous. Bottles are much safer. But yer gonna end up just pizzin half of it on the floor anyway, and there probably ain’t gonna be a chamber pot around anyway. And if that is even a point in the discussion, yer probably to poopoo faced to make it to the bathroom anyway so just whip it out, let loose and worry about it in the morning. Or draft, in mug. But you’ll probably just knock it over. If your lucky. Worst case scenario is you get thirsty again, grab the mug and………….

LOL. I'm talking about what container the beer comes in. Not the aftermath. :D

yaawwwnn……stretch……too early for beer?…….checks work schedule for the day…..

I prefer wheat beers. Mostly Hefeweizens and Belgian Strong Ales. I detest most IPAs.
If you like wheat beers save your money and just drink sprite :p. Hazy IPAs are my go-to. They're waaay smoother and it takes the edge off the hops without losing the flavor.

If you like wheat beers save your money and just drink sprite :p. Hazy IPAs are my go-to. They're waaay smoother and it takes the edge off the hops without losing the flavor.
I do drink a few IPA beers but most just take it too far. I like the Goose Island IPA. The Lefthand Brwwing Sawtooth is a good amber ale with hoppiness that is similar to an IPA as well.

I don't care for thick, syrupy, heavy, bitter craft brews. No, I detest them. I hatred IPA's. I like light, and strong. Although occasionally I'll partake of a Guinness. Surprisingly, Guinness is not all that high in calories compared to other similar beers.

I like wheat beers too. But not "hefeweizens", e.g. Pyramid, which have a bitter taste. A good weizen is like drinking an apple pie. And they don't weather storage and travel as well as normal beer, so it's tough to find good ones in the States. Sudwerks (local brewery) has a decent one. I'm not sure how far out of California Sudwerks beers are distributed.

Hey, if anyone ever gets any Rush Canadian Golden Ale I'd appreciate an empty or two.
I don't drink at all, but am a Rush fan.

I have to admit, that as a high schooler, actually liked Schlitz, and even as an adult, I still like Miller High Life.

The problem is, they left half the alcohol out.

Vietnam. Singapore is stupid pricey.

No kidding!

Now, try a few others that I've had over the years.

The Bottle of Britain. Yes, that is "bottle", not "battle". I still have the bottle at home. A friend from the UK gave it to me a number of years ago at a symposium in Bruges, Belgium.

Speaking of Belgium...

Here's one from Bastogne - Airborne. Given some history, this name isn't surprising. Apparently it is available in the US now.

And, back to Bruges - Brugse Zot. Not bad at all.

Back