they towed a plane into our plane on the ramp.

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
Pictures soon.

The fbo towed a plane on the ramp into the back of our plane.
I haven't seen the damage yet. But they said it is obviously not flyable I'm on my way to go get pictures.

Dude, that sucks. Composite planes are especially not fun to have repaired.

Pictures soon.

The fbo towed a plane on the ramp into the back of our plane.
I haven't seen the damage yet. But they said it is obviously not flyable I'm on my way to go get pictures.

This is guaranteed to be a pain in the ass for you.

Drive out there really quick and pull the chute!

Sorry to hear about the damage to your plane. Bad deal.

Airport maintenance hooked the rear tie down rope of my plane when plowing the taxi way, it caused $13,000 damage and 7 months to repair.

Then there was the time a portable out house came loose and landed on my right wing tip during a wind storm. $3000 and about a month to get replaced.

I feel your pain.

Okay. Not terrible. Looks like just the metal portion of the elevator is damaged part of the skin near the hinge is ripped there's a dent in the back of it and I believe the linkage has been bent because the elevator is in a permanent full aft position

the tow guy from the FBO called to apologize............

51hdEMmz5FL.jpg

FBO with rentals?
maybe they will cover downtime with the Toga/Bo of your choice?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20151107_161007-1.jpg
    20151107_161007-1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,023
  • 20151107_160951.jpg
    20151107_160951.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,018
  • 20151107_161231-1.jpg
    20151107_161231-1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,013
  • 20151107_161025-1.jpg
    20151107_161025-1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,024
  • 20151107_161226.jpg
    20151107_161226.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,022
I am surprised it doesn't happen more.
In that last photo, I count 6 different aircraft.

Dang dude that sucks! Hope they stand behind their mistake. Sucks!

ugh, what are the chances that will buff right out?

My best guess is new elevator, New linkages along with some thorough inspections of the system from stick to trim and additionally someone from Cirrus (They are on site there) to determine if the horizontal stab is at risk having taken some of the brunt of the impact when the elevator reached its max throw.

That said I have no clue what I am talking about.

Also maybe a discount on rent :)

Dang dude that sucks! Hope they stand behind their mistake. Sucks!

They are already escalating it up and their top people have said they will make it right what ever that means.

I think they are good people.
Their insurance folks come out Monday. There are Cirrus reps on site that do our MX. We will probably make sure that this is addressed by Cirrus and not just a local shop.

Well that sucks big time. Maybe be sure to notify your insurance in a timely manner just in case the FBO gets weird.

My best guess is new elevator, New linkages along with some thorough inspections of the system from stick to trim and additionally someone from Cirrus (They are on site there) to determine if the horizontal stab is at risk having taken some of the brunt of the impact when the elevator reached its max throw.

That said I have no clue what I am talking about.

Also maybe a discount on rent :)

Discount?

Big time

Or heck I'd expect a Seneca for free minus the cost of fuel and mx, until your plane is airworthy again.

What a drag! You seem to be handling it better that I would. I hope everything works out with a minimum of hassle getting it repaired.

What a drag! You seem to be handling it better that I would. I hope everything works out with a minimum of hassle getting it repaired.

I am pretty even keel.
If things get squirrely I can lost my s**t.

Until that happens, I will let them churn on their side.
I fully expect they will bend over backwards to make it right.

We had some avionics issues and they made some mistakes and they went above and beyond. So our history with them is positive.

Don't forget to get compensation for the lower resale value of your plane. When you sell it you cannot say no known damage. That will lower your resale value.

Don't forget to get compensation for the lower resale value of your plane. When you sell it you cannot say no known damage. That will lower your resale value.

I thought the strategy here was to not log the damage or repairs, so you can advertise it for sale with "NDH". ;-)

Augh. I can't believe they smashed your beautiful plane!

Man, that sucks. :(

Rotten bit of luck. Good to see the FBO seems to be taking responsibility.
Might be a good time to get a multi engine rating on the cheap :wink2:

I am surprised it doesn't happen more.
In that last photo, I count 6 different aircraft.
It does happen on a regular basis, even with bigger airplanes. We have done several charters as a backup for someones airplane which has gotten dinged as a result of towing, or in one case running a lift into it. The FBOs have picked up the charter cost which is not small.

Hope you can have that repair expedited.

Sorry to hear that happened to you. Sounds like it will be made right I just hope you're not grounded for any length of time because of it.

Back