they towed a plane into our plane on the ramp.

Nice. I noticed they didn't cash my check.

Got this today:

"I have been working with Clear Star aviation, and following the inspection, they have decided to do a secondary inspection of the push/pull rods, and linkages connected to trim. Technicians are working on your aircraft as I write this email. Further, Kevin has informed me that he is expecting the elevator to be delivered by the middle of next week.

Again, I will keep you updated every step of the way. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As an aside, we have credited your account to your hangar lease, as your aircraft has been out of commission."

Sounds like they are doing things right. That's good to hear! You don't find this very often I'm afraid.

It is now just an SR-2

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20151206_085434.jpg
    20151206_085434.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 303
It appears the SR-2 requires less control input to "fly." Less controls=less inputs. :)

David

WooHoo! Doin the happy dance!! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

We have a shiny new stab. And the um glue seems dry :yes:

attachment.php

Little Man Approves!

attachment.php

Now I just need a test pilot!
No not you.

attachment.php

Attachments

• elevator.jpg
    elevator.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 214
  • JBT.jpg
    JBT.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 212
  • ReadytoRoll.jpg
    ReadytoRoll.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 215
Whats the next step is it ready to fly?

So couple things just to err on the side of caution

1. I am going to ask them to come take a look at the trim. When I set it to TO, it appears to have too much aft throw. Maybe just my paranoia but I want to make sure it is calibrated.

2. Scheduling a flight with someone from Cirrus that does these checkouts.

3. also getting confirmation about engine concerns as it has been sitting idle since Gastons. That is not crazy long but I want to make sure we have at least asked the question of the experts.

That should all take place this week. Then We will be back in the air.

Cool deal! Now, where did they put the duct tape at? Not seeing any.

David

Nice!

And how long has your avatar been a screen grab from Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight Simulator Trainer for DOS?

Nice!

And how long has your avatar been a screen grab from Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight Simulator Trainer for DOS?

Ever since the thread about the Commodore 64 IFR trainer thread.
I saw that thread and remembered chuck giving me one liners anytime I would crash the SR71 into a pyramid :lol:

Chuck was such an ass back then.

I was a kid when I had it and I had no idea what the expression "bought the farm" meant but I was making a lot of money in that game because he kept telling me I was buying farms :yes:

Pound the puppy
Fornicate the K9
Hump the hound
Play hide the sausage with the weiner dog
Dick the dog

The list goes on and on...

You are a vey disturbed individual...

...an attribute I seek in people I hang out with,

:rofl:

:goofy:

At least your downtime was a bit fortuitous with J & B being out of school.

So the timing of it being ready to fly also works as they return, and Mrs.6PC is ready for you to get out from underfoot.

Updated from 4500. Plane is all good.
Woot woot!

We did have to do a go around at one point. & I know standard procedure is to just yank the handle. But we decided to fight through it

Back