the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

I didn't know there was another Rensselaer. There's one in NY, across the river from Albany. And the weather looks just about the same, too.
The people who settled the Midwest were not very inventive. I live in Champaign County, IL. Our county seat is Urbana, IL. Named by settlers from Champaign County, OH. County seat: Urbana, OH.

The people who settled the Midwest were not very inventive. I live in Champaign County, IL. Our county seat is Urbana, IL. Named by settlers from Champaign County, OH. County seat: Urbana, OH.
"No matter where we go, we still live in Urbana."

I got 3 approaches in actual imc today. Nice afternoon for it here in Central IL. Hopped over to Rennselaer, IN (say that 5 times fast) and filled up on $4.63 avgas. Still didn't see the sun.

View attachment 126295
My last trip, I got one approach but also requested a hold, which reset my currency back 150 days. Phew. Instrument current where all 6 approaches were on trips. Nice!

I had a dream last night that I picked up my plane from maintenance and they had decided to repaint it. It was nice and shiny, but not exactly my style of paint scheme. Weird dream.

Who knew? Nobody knew this, nobody, until I found out.

As long as they don’t turn into Zombeavers

7ae7f6caa1a0cb479486bb9eec3201d6.jpg

I was searching my photo library for a picture of my backhoe. Google didn't understand the term "backhoe" (really? :rolleyes:) so I tried "yellow tractor":

Screenshot_20240308_092802_Photos.jpg

Results still not helpful, but I was amused to see it picked out the air tractor. Then I realized it read the word "tractor" on the sign board. Still not *too* scared of ai.

Ok, with the price of propain (see what I did there.??) skyrocketing, I am thinking about changing my hot water heater from gas to electric. It is time to replace it before it gives up the ghost. The breaker box is only a few feet away with room to add an additional 220v breaker.

Will it be worth the hassle and price to change the hot water heater to electricity.?? Or should I look into electric tankless hot water heaters.??

Additional information: I will be adding a ton of solar panels to the house to reduce the electric bill and to have emergency power. With the price of real estate in the area, our plan for now is to stay in this house until I croak or at least no longer can afford to live here.

Additional additional information: House is approx 1500 sq ft, 3 bed, 2 bath.

Ok, with the price of propain (see what I did there.??) skyrocketing, I am thinking about changing my hot water heater from gas to electric. It is time to replace it before it gives up the ghost. The breaker box is only a few feet away with room to add an additional 220v breaker.
By the time you get it changed to electric, the price of propane will have dropped back down.

1709947208415.png

Tankless electric uses a large amount of power but only while in use. A large whole house system will normally need 3 dedicated 40 amp circuits at 240V. At least 2 circuits for a smaller unit. It does give you unlimited hot water but not really a big money saver in the long run. If you had natural gas, I would say it’s worth it. Electric only, I would just get a new tank electric model since they are much more efficient compared with the old units. At least this is the opinion among plumbers I talk to here in the Florida panhandle. Our ambient water temperature is pretty warm already so tankless models don't have to work as hard here and electric tankless still not recommended much.

I have an indirect tank that runs off a zone from the hot water furnace. Love the setup, because it gives me effectively unlimited hot water and it's less expensive than electric. I think my next favorite, here, would be gas or propane, because they recycle quick, or used to. Next choice would be electric. For me, last choice would be tankless, for the drawbacks mentioned above.

There's a wauconda Washington. Named after my hometown Wauconda Il.

Wauconda forever! (Have never actually seen the movie)

I was thinking about procrastinating as well. But I’m putting it off to tomorrow.
Why put off to tomorrow something that you can put off indefinitely?

I would have posted earlier but today is my day to procrastinate

got me a non-stop flight direct from Oakland CA to Charlotte NC for a special mission.....very important business........to get a burger WITHOUT fries. not even chicken fried potato sticks.....anything but fries.....NO FRIES. so's I go to 5 guys, where I'm immediately met with this sign..........

IMG_4514.jpg

wtf. change of plans? NO. stick to the mission. Get. The. Burger. heeeeyy, wait a minute......

IMG_4513.jpg

dafuq, we aint in baltimore mofos....anyways, burger was pretty darned tasty. mission accomplished.

By the time you get it changed to electric, the price of propane will have dropped back down.
Naturally. That is how my luck runs...

If you had natural gas
Then it would be a no brainer. To add injury to insult, a natural gas line was just installed up the road last month. No idea if they will connect it to any of the homes on the road.

My darling wife wants me to hide snacks from her. She doesn’t want to be tempted by processed junk food. No problem.

I have misplaced a bag of “red hot blues” in the guitar room. There aren’t a lot of places to hide treats, but I can’t find it.

Ironically, I can’t ask her to help me locate or she’ll discover all the hiding places.

My darling wife wants me to hide snacks from her. She doesn’t want to be tempted by processed junk food. No problem.

I have misplaced a bag of “red hot blues” in the guitar room. There aren’t a lot of places to hide treats, but I can’t find it.

Ironically, I can’t ask her to help me locate or she’ll discover all the hiding places.
One year, my wife had me hide a box of chocolates before Easter. I put them somewhere in my basement shop and forgot about them. Some time later, I remembered that I had hid them and went looking. And looking. And looking. Nothing. I looked for months.

Several years later I'm standing in the shop, I look up at a box hung between the floor joists. Oh, I see that box of chocolate...

Threw it away, didn't even open it.

Naturally. That is how my luck runs...

Then it would be a no brainer. To add injury to insult, a natural gas line was just installed up the road last month. No idea if they will connect it to any of the homes on the road.
It's more expensive upfront, but I installed a hybrid water heater (uses a heat pump to heat a tank of water). The electricity use dropped significantly.

got me a non-stop flight direct from Oakland CA to Charlotte NC for a special mission.....very important business........to get a burger WITHOUT fries. not even chicken fried potato sticks.....anything but fries.....NO FRIES. so's I go to 5 guys, where I'm immediately met with this sign..........

View attachment 126487

wtf. change of plans? NO. stick to the mission. Get. The. Burger. heeeeyy, wait a minute......

View attachment 126488

dafuq, we aint in baltimore mofos....anyways, burger was pretty darned tasty. mission accomplished.
This reminds me of the time I read a newspaper ranking of the top 10 best hamburgers in each of a few cities in Virginia. It was before the present era of random lists of things interspersed with zillions of annoying ads had begun. In Richmond, #1 was a Hardee's (that's Carl's Jr. to some of you--incidentally, including the Istanbul airport). I was pretty sad to learn that the best hamburger in the commonwealth capital city was Hardee's, so I kept reading. Place #7 was a different Hardee's location. I never even tried to figure out what is wrong with hamburgers in Richmond after that.

In an ideal world, the fast food places would have to call them "hamburger shaped objects", with a little '*' note on the menu that reads "The meat used in these sandwiches isn't quite clean enough to serve below the cooking temperature of chicken, so that's how we cook them. The closest facility that can legally sell you a medium rare burger is ____ miles _____, and is named __________." Where the blanks have the directions to and name of a place that actually sells burgers.

I am pleased to report the hangar door has been repaired. And it was only a smoked V-belt. :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_9897.jpeg
    IMG_9897.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 14
I flew to Hamburg, the home of the real Hamburger, on a pilgrimage to experience the meaning of life, but instead found it on a sesame bun. But then none of this makes any sense to the sane.

In an ideal world, the fast food places would have to call them "hamburger shaped objects", with a little '*' note on the menu that reads "The meat used in these sandwiches isn't quite clean enough to serve below the cooking temperature of chicken, so that's how we cook them. The closest facility that can legally sell you a medium rare burger is ____ miles _____, and is named __________." Where the blanks have the directions to and name of a place that actually sells burgers.

why do you hate sysco food products meat-like hockey pucks reheated and sold with greasy fries for $25?

Why does the airport care if I’m in a friends hangar? He’s insured, it’s insured, I’m insured the annual is up to date etc.

Are they concerned about personal property taxes for state or county or something?

I happen to be visiting my mom in Thiensville Wisconsin (north of Milwaukee, small village inside of Mequon) and a Velocity passed directly overhead while I was outside. I was so busy admiring it, I forgot to grab a good picture of it. I think one of the Velocity-owning POA regulars lives in Wisconsin . Anyone resemble this remark?

I think my local sportsball team must've done something successful. All my normie friends are posting pictures of them on Facebook.

Back