the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

I am trying to pick a ceiling fan and light for a bedroom in my house, which is wired to a two-gang box intended for a dimmer switch on the light and a switch for the fan. But it seems that every ceiling fan on the market is designed to get unswitched line power and give you an ugly remote control to turn the lights and fan on and off.

I'm a little OCD about buttons that don't do anything. I notoriously put a yaw damper servo in my RV-14 for the sole reason that the Garmin autopilot control panel has a YD button. I can't rightly leave a two-gang box on the wall with zero switches in it. I can probably live with a fan remote control that has an inop sticker on the button for the lights. So I'll probably end up cutting a wire in the fan so I can have the lights on a separate switch.

I wish I had bought a couple extra ceiling fans when I did the other bedrooms a decade ago. I don't suppose anyone has a lead on a ceiling fan that can be purchased today and is actually intended to be wired to separate switches.

I think the joke sign I posted above was in NC. We camped at a campground in Sea Level, NC, which after a rain lived up to its name. Standing water, much?
Just went through the same thing in my media room.
I just changed the wiring inside the light so the fan operates on the remote, and the lights are on a wall switch. Easy Peasy

Our airport beacon is inop. Sounds like the Rough River crew came by and had some fun.

I think we, like, landed on the moon or something. also, I made chocolate mousse.

Flight history for a single plane…just use flight aware or is there a better source to pick up all flights going back to whenever records began? Tia

Flight history for a single plane…just use flight aware or is there a better source to pick up all flights going back to whenever records began? Tia
How far back and at what detail. FA wants money past N days. Others have less granular data (missing trips) but will go further back for free.

To the beginning of time. I’m guessing no one but maybe the govt has old radar records. Just curious if anyone has figured it out. My buddy wants to buy a plane and doesn’t trust the broker. It’s a 1962 so that’s 62 years of service.

I never looked at the oldest log book for my plane until recently and found it’d been serviced in South America! I hope the drug sniffing dogs can’t smell 50 year old cocaine remnants or whatever!

I suspect that the drug sniffing dogs are the least of your potential problems if it'd ... "been serviced in South America". Hopefully, the "Stateside" annuals have been able to determine that that your airplane is in good shape and compliant with any relevant ADs.

My front load washer was having difficulty balancing itself during the spin cycle and would make loud banging noises walking across the laundry room. I took it apart and discovered that the lower front counterweight fell off the drum (it's held on by adjustable friction fit). I put it back on and now it's working good as new.

So there I was changing the oil on my plane this evening and unbeknownst to me, a mere 100' from my hangar, the FBO fuel truck was viciously assaulting my car.

Turns out the fuel truck guy had to back up near my hangar row, and he backed up right into my little sedan and smashed out the tail lights and nicked the trunk pretty good.
He was kind enough to leave a nice little note under my windshield wipers (pictured below with the smashed out sharp freakin' remnants of my tail lights which I collected off the ground lol).

Anyways, the mental distress and grief from this accident has been overwhelming. And I'm not a doctor but I think I might also have internal bleeding and a crippled back from this accident (or so I intend to tell some personal injury attorney).
... Anyways I'm just spitballing here, but I'm thinking 1-2 years of free AVGAS would go a long way to easing my emotional trauma? [joking of course]

1708931934718.png

So there I was changing the oil on my plane this evening and unbeknownst to me, a mere 100' from my hangar, the FBO fuel truck was viciously assaulting my car.

Turns out the fuel truck guy had to back up near my hangar row, and he backed up right into my little sedan and smashed out the tail lights and nicked the trunk pretty good.
He was kind enough to leave a nice little note under my windshield wipers (pictured below with the smashed out sharp freakin' remnants of my tail lights which I collected off the ground lol).

Anyways, the mental distress and grief from this accident has been overwhelming. And I'm not a doctor but I think I might also have internal bleeding and a crippled back from this accident (or so I intend to tell some personal injury attorney).
... Anyways I'm just spitballing here, but I'm thinking 1-2 years of free AVGAS would go a long way to easing my emotional trauma? [joking of course]

View attachment 125879
I would normally agree, but I can’t think of a single fuel guy at that airport I don’t like. It would be a hard call for me.

But also I might stop driving my rare or expensive cars there now.

I passed 1900 smoh this weekend. Starting to wonder if I order the engine now. 18 month lead times. No indications of issues though. Just burning more oil than I'd like.

And why do they call it pre-boarding? You're boarding. There's no pre about it. You're just getting on before everyone else.

And why do they call it pre-boarding? You're boarding. There's no pre about it. You're just getting on before everyone else.
Damn - my head hurts now. You’re completely correct. Probably some marketing guy came up with that.

Can they change it to water boarding? "Anyone in boarding group 11 who is so nervous about our flight to Odessa this afternoon that he has lined up between the invalids and loyalty program suckers, you may approach the spigot and remove any face coverings at this time." "Next we will ask our passengers who can afford a family trip to Branson this weekend but somehow couldn't find another twenty dollars to check their inexplicably large suitcases and intend to stuff them into the overhead bins of the passengers who not only planned ahead but are also patiently remaining out of the gate lice area until their group is called to come forward."

I passed 1900 smoh this weekend. Starting to wonder if I order the engine now. 18 month lead times. No indications of issues though. Just burning more oil than I'd like.

Is that factory new? Why not do an exchange; lead times there tend to be single digit months.

Assuming you fly 100 hours a year? Yep - order an exchange engine now. Between delays in getting it and delays in scheduling the engine swap that should give you at least a little bit of cushion.

Can they change it to water boarding? "Anyone in boarding group 11 who is so nervous about our flight to Odessa this afternoon that he has lined up between the invalids and loyalty program suckers, you may approach the spigot and remove any face coverings at this time." "Next we will ask our passengers who can afford a family trip to Branson this weekend but somehow couldn't find another twenty dollars to check their inexplicably large suitcases and intend to stuff them into the overhead bins of the passengers who not only planned ahead but are also patiently remaining out of the gate lice area until their group is called to come forward."
Well, being nervous about a flight to Odessa may depend on whether it's Odessa in TX or Odessa (Odesa) Ukraine, lol.

I would normally agree, but I can’t think of a single fuel guy at that airport I don’t like. It would be a hard call for me.

Totally. They cycled out the only bad fuel truck guy a couple years ago. Good team now.

And luckily it's just a Hyundai. Nothing rare of expensive about it!

You'll survive. I got to watch as a ramp guy towed a Piper Dakota right into my truck. Both were repaired and are back on the road, so to speak.

I want to go from the infamous Lycoming dual mag to the non-dual. You can move from a K1G5D to a K1G5 if you go factory reman.

Gotcha. Yeah, I’d be seriously considering ordering now if there’s no explanation for the increased oil burn.

Y’all be nice to fuel guys. A dude that worked the line at one of my charter jobs helped me get hired at a major airline.

... Chicago weather ... Wild.
It's 72F at my house. About to be negative F by the morning. And maybe some tornadoes for good measure.
Hope no one is out there flyin' today :)
1709075410903.png
1709075530637.png

apropos of nothing important - latest activity doesn't include deleting your own post...

and nobody, I mean NOBODY, will catch Denverpilot...
Even if someone accidentally hits his post count, it just isn’t possible to exceed @denverpilot’s word count. I asked ChatGPT to try, and the last time I checked in it was trying to crack the nuclear launch codes to start a preemptive war against Madagascar.

Back