the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

But are they allowed to sell them in NM? I'm pretty sure you guys can own machine guns, but I'm not sure about snow blowers.
Trying to not be political, but our communist governor has announced she will abolish the 2nd amendment. People beware.

As for snow blower ownership, I might be able to get one in Mexico... :lol:

Hit 750 tt today, so I'm halfway to nowhere. No designs on flying for a living, but it feels like a milestone nonetheless.

Otherwise the flight sucked. Made it to KNEW, but it was pretty much just as rough as last night, although without the lightning. I think today was the first time flying has felt like a chore.

IMG_20240109_135152111_HDR.jpg

@Jim K, that was a long flight never getting above 4k. Looks like a lot of turbulence in that area! Glad you made it safely

Hit 750 tt today, so I'm halfway to nowhere. No designs on flying for a living, but it feels like a milestone nonetheless.

Otherwise the flight sucked. Made it to KNEW, but it was pretty much just as rough as last night, although without the lightning. I think today was the first time flying has felt like a chore.

View attachment 124206
It’s been a while since I’ve been there. Do they still offer you a beer on arrival?

It’s been a while since I’ve been there. Do they still offer you a beer on arrival?
Not us piston lowlifes, apparently.

I could've used one too after another hour in the paint shaker.

so, this exists: Aileron Golf Club

I hear it's a short course. you can fly through a round pretty quick.

The person who invented the meatball sub was a genius. I mean, vice grips are great, but I had to choose to live in one of two worlds that were equal except one had vice grips and the other meatball subs, I'd be missing vice grips while eating a meatball sub.

That's it. Just wanted to have a light moment.

FIA and AGI. It was mostly exactly how I prepared. Working on FII now.
Have you already done the FOI? How do you go about adding the AGI to your official ratings / IACRA? (Check me out on this, am I correct in that there is no DPE oral test for the AGI).

Have you already done the FOI? How do you go about adding the AGI to your official ratings / IACRA? (Check me out on this, am I correct in that there is no DPE oral test for the AGI).
Yeah I took FOI in November. For the rating you just take your test results to the FSDO or a DPE with your IACRA and they work their magic right then and there. I don’t think they charge you and there is no practical. I haven’t done it yet but that’s what I understand. I’m actually waiting so I can take FII then IGI first, then it’s just one trip to FSDO/DPE. I’m doing mine so that I can teach ground sessions to my club at group events while I’m working towards the CFI.

A date in history:

January 15, 1974.

The Tv show Happy Days made it's first appearance on air as the series.

Now you know.

(15 seconds of your life you will never get back)

Trying to not be political, but our communist governor has announced she will abolish the 2nd amendment. People beware.

As for snow blower ownership, I might be able to get one in Mexico... :lol:
Pretty crazy since so much of the state very much enjoys that right. Last time I was there one would swear it was a war zone on a piece of private in the national forest. Might have been a concealed carry class.

As far as snowblower....
Polaris-Brutus-HDPTO-SnowBlower-1.jpg

A date in history:

January 15, 1974.

The Tv show Happy Days made it's first appearance on air as the series.

Now you know.

(15 seconds of your life you will never get back)
Started life as an episode on Love American Style

Unpopular opinion:
I dislike "king" size beds. Have to crawl 3 feet to reach my wife, then I can't reach the nightstand. My charger cord won't reach when I'm trying to POA before I go to sleep, and it's another 6' round trip of crawling to go pee in the middle of the night.

I guess they are popular among people who don't want to touch each other at night? Why not two separate beds then?

Yesterday, I had my first mechanical breakdown in a car that I owned. I had a pretty good run but all good things must come to an end. The water pump and possibly more of the cooling system in my 2019 Yukon decided it had had enough of the -25F and self-destructed. We were able to limp to a gas station and get a ride the last 50 miles home. My shoulders are sore just from watching the video on how to replace the water pump in my car so, even if that ends up being the only problem and even if I didn't hate bleeding cooling systems, I would be taking this one to a professional. Anyone want to bet on the over-under between this repair and my next annual inspection?

Now when we travel I'll opt for two queen beds over a king
I just had the realization this morning that that's the answer. Well, that or the more girlfriends thing. Not sure I'd get Teresa to go for that one though.

Yesterday, I had my first mechanical breakdown in a car that I owned. I had a pretty good run but all good things must come to an end. The water pump and possibly more of the cooling system in my 2019 Yukon decided it had had enough of the -25F and self-destructed. We were able to limp to a gas station and get a ride the last 50 miles home. My shoulders are sore just from watching the video on how to replace the water pump in my car so, even if that ends up being the only problem and even if I didn't hate bleeding cooling systems, I would be taking this one to a professional. Anyone want to bet on the over-under between this repair and my next annual inspection?
That's disappointing. That's way too new to be having a problem like that. Parts shouldn't be too bad if it's just a water pump on a 5.3l. I've not worked on one of those specifically, but I assume it's pretty trivial like any other Chevy v8. I bet you'll be out under $1500 assuming that's all that broke.

I dislike "king" size beds...

I guess they are popular among people who don't want to touch each other at night?
I could imagine a split adjustable bed might get entertaining: "You're in the doghouse tonight, honey <raises their side of the bed>"

"When I was younger I used to sit in my twin bed and wonder where my brother was."

I've come up with a way to afford an Aerostar as long as I never had to overhaul the engines. So close.

My wife is a tiny lady, 4' 10" and 86 pounds. In a king size bed I'll wake up with only one butt cheek and one ear hangin' on to the bed with my wife tightly tucked in next to me, and the cats are on their electrically warmed bed at the foot of the bed. I'll get up and move to the other side. An hour later I'll wake up with only one butt cheek and one ear hangin' on to the bed with my wife tightly tucked in next to me...

Back