the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

Exactly 20% of the billboards that I passed on the way home from work today had ads for personal injury attorneys.

I don't know why I read that in a maury povich kind of voice, but I reckon that's great news!

Yeah, the doctor was straight to the point. ''Hello, this is Dr. Xxxxxx, you DO NOT have cancer, have a good day.'' His bedside manner is great, but phone calls are quick. I guess he was in his office going down the list for the day.

I guess I should clarify, I did not have any symptoms, I just went through the usual checks folks should get when they get old aren't as young as we used to be.

And the news today from my doctor.....

I do NOT have cancer.
Congrats!!!

BTW - at my last check up, I was cleared of rabies, tourette syndrome, and restless bowel.

Last edited:
Skyvector has a limit on how far you can zoom in. Looks like they changed it recently so that you can zoom in a lot farther than the previous limit.
upload_2021-9-4_17-57-33.png

making my first batch of beef and chicken jerky and the house smells goooooooooood. if anyone wants to send some venison my way, I'm game............................get it? game? deer...............game......................sigh

I will be smoking salmon some time this coming week.

What.?? Salmon in New Mexico.??

Apparently so in Navajo Lake located in northern New Mexico. Fish for Kokanee salmon (a form of sockeye) at 6100+ feet.

Now if I could find halibut in a lake nearby...

making my first batch of beef and chicken jerky and the house smells goooooooooood. if anyone wants to send some venison my way, I'm game............................get it? game? deer...............game......................sigh
I’m gettin a hunting license and some eman Tags. When is eman season anyway?

Last edited:
Eman has a good business idea here. Lots of products to make your house smell like flowers and such. They’re missing half the market

Glade Plug In with your choice of scent of:
  • Freshly made Jerky
  • BBQ
  • Sawdust
  • Musty 50 year old Cessna
  • Motor oil
  • Black powder
  • Wet hunting dog

I'm trying to cut a replacement piece for a rocking chair and just found out I'm missing the collet for my dremel. The nut is there, but nothing under it. I last used the dremel last summer so there's no telling where it is.

I'm trying to cut a replacement piece for a rocking chair and just found out I'm missing the collet for my dremel. The nut is there, but nothing under it. I last used the dremel last summer so there's no telling where it is.

It traveled through the same inter-dimensional portal that took my box cutter that I use to open our daily Amazon boxes, that I always leave on the same spot on the kitchen counter. It may eventually be spat back out of the alternative universe to re-materialize in your clothes dryer.

It traveled through the same inter-dimensional portal that took my box cutter that I use to open our daily Amazon boxes, that I always leave on the same spot on the kitchen counter. It may eventually be spat back out of the alternative universe to re-materialize in your clothes dryer.
If you're near that portal and you find the plastic sleeve that goes over my pizza cutter, let me know.

My portal is advanced enough to know to re materialize / transport back the missing tool one day after I buy and use a replacement making it non returnable.

Mine takes tape measures and #2 philips drivers.
For the dremel - they used to make a mini-jacobs chuck for a dremel. Not perfect, but pretty cool. I cannot confirm that I bought one because I lost a collet.

my portal puts phillips drivers where I need the flatheads, and the flatheads where I need the phillips drivers.

and don't get my started on torx and square heads...

My portals are extremely active and aim high when I've had to move / new job-new house. Despite every box being opened, I've been without certain tools. Then the previously mentioned AI kicks in they mockingly re materialize the missing tool after it has been replaced, but not soon enough so that I could return the new tool.

And that is how I now have 2 corded circular saws and one cordless. Four caulk guns. Three retractable knives. Two jig saws. And a partridge in a pear tree.

My portal is advanced enough to know to re materialize / transport back the missing tool one day after I buy and use a replacement making it non returnable.
Day after? pfft. How about that afternoon?

The transfer punch that has been missing from the set for (months? years?) re-appeared - my wife had "put it away" with the left over materials from some project or another...

Earlier today I thought of something to write for this thread, but I've forgotten since then. I guess it wasn't worthy of not being worthy of its own thread.

Earlier today I thought of something to write for this thread, but I've forgotten since then. I guess it wasn't worthy of not being worthy of its own thread.
Hey, you remembered that you thought of something. That you forgot what it was ain’t no big deal. If you forgot that you thought, then that’s a problem. But then, how would you know?

I think I was thinking of something, but now I’ve forgotten if I forgot about it.

I've always thought that people illegally transporting hazardous waste should hire drivers my age or older.
Officer - "where did you take the truck?"
Driver - "I was driving a truck? Are you sure? Oh yeah, I remember a truck. The seat was uncomfortable. Were you the guy that hired me? Can you find one with a better seat?"

I've always thought that people illegally transporting hazardous waste should hire drivers my age or older.
Officer - "where did you take the truck?"
Driver - "I was driving a truck? Are you sure? Oh yeah, I remember a truck. The seat was uncomfortable. Were you the guy that hired me? Can you find one with a better seat?"
MV5BMTQ2YjdkNGQtMzY2Ny00NjUyLWI0YTMtOGQ4OGJhODI5Mjg4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_FMjpg_UX950_.jpg

I've not seen it, or Gran Torino. Mostly, I like movies that don't have the "...and then it was dismal" ending. I did make an exception for No Country for Old Men, though.

I've not seen it, or Gran Torino. Mostly, I like movies that don't have the "...and then it was dismal" ending. I did make an exception for No Country for Old Men, though.

conversely, not every movie needs to end with the hollywood they-lived-happily-thereafter.

conversely, not every movie needs to end with the hollywood they-lived-happily-thereafter.

Oh sure, I get that. But on the other hand, failure isn't all that inspirational, and I just have to look out the window to see that. Plus, if I watch "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly", I'll be whistling the theme song for a good two days after. :)

I got my first IFR published DP yesterday and then when calling tower for take off it was canceled and was given direct destination. Fun while it lasted.

I got my first IFR published DP yesterday and then when calling tower for take off it was canceled and was given direct destination. Fun while it lasted.
I get SIDs most of the time when I’m leaving the Chicago area. Even got a STAR heading into San Antonio region. Makes me feel like a big boy when I fly them in my little piston single!

I get SIDs most of the time when I’m leaving the Chicago area. Even got a STAR heading into San Antonio region. Makes me feel like a big boy when I fly them in my little piston single!
This one was coming out of DPA.

So this really isn’t worthy of its own thread but it’s still pretty cool! I did a deep dive into my 182 logs. Tail number N182AG. Turns out the original owner was A.G. Spanos. (Owner of the San Diego Chargers from 1984 till he passed in 2018). Looks like he learned to fly in my plane! He owned a bunch of different planes and all of the tail numbers ended with AG. Kinda cool, right?

This one was coming out of DPA.
Yes, that’s where I get all of my SIDs as well. They typically hold me on the Adell6 for a while before turning me. I’m always on a weird vector on the Obene3 then get direct destination.

Back