The MyFlightBook thread

Where does a successful logbook signature appear?
Or, what do they look like?

We figured it out and it shows up; thanks

How do I make a paper copy of it?
(I realize I can screenshot it, wondered if it could make a pdf of the signed copy for insurance)

Last edited:

(I realize I can screenshot it, wondered if it could make a pdf of the signed copy for insurance)
I've never had an insurer ask me for a copy of my logbook but you are basically doing the same thing. You are sending them a picture of what is in your logbook. You are not sending them an original wet signature. Same here. The original digital signature is in your logbook.

The easiest is to screenshot it. Another way is (on the website) to search for the flight(s) you want to send. Once it (or they) are alone, use the Printing tab. You will get a single web page with that entry that looks like the picture. You can then click the "Create a PDF to download" link to get a PDF of that entry. The choices in "What to Include" include endorsements in that date range as well.

1708538917726.png

@EricBe,

I have recently started flying a G58 Baron for its owners. The G58 is the G1000-equipped version of the Baron 58.

When I create the aircraft, it shows like this:

1709609204373.png

Question - the model selection of "G58" comes up with "Glass Cockpit". But not "TAA". Therefore, when creating a search for my time in TAAs, it does not show up. I know I could select the "Avionics upgrade" option, but that isn't quite right because it hasn't been upgraded to a TAA, it came that way.

As far as I know, all G58's are TAAs as they have PFD/MFD and integrated autopilots. So it seems that whoever entered this model forgot to check the "Glass PFD, MFD, and integrated autopilot (TAA)" option when creating the aircraft:

1709609577949.png

I do not see an option to edit this. Can I?

I could create an additional aircraft type, but that seems unnecessary, redundant, and clutters up the list. Your July 7, 2018 blog post requests (next-to-last paragraph) that we edit the models (not the tails, but the models) to reflect accurate TAA status, but I do not see an option to do that currently.

Attachments

• 1709609567982.png
    1709609567982.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 5
@RussR, I see what you mean. It’s an oddity in the system I’ve noticed. i just check off the TAA box and leave the date blank.

edit: just saw this on the FAQ…

And if you have an aircraft where TAA was either a factory option or something you did after market, then please leave the model alone but go ahead and update your aircraft to indicate that it is TAA.​

1709639537528.png

@RussR, I see what you mean. It’s an oddity in the system I’ve noticed. i just check off the TAA box and leave the date blank.

edit: just saw this on the FAQ…

And if you have an aircraft where TAA was either a factory option or something you did after market, then please leave the model alone but go ahead and update your aircraft to indicate that it is TAA.​

View attachment 126228
Yes, that is the easy option as plane-by-plane solution. But it's not technically accurate, a G58 with "glass PFD, MFD, and autopilot" is not an upgrade or a factory option, that's how it came off the assembly line and is the only option. You can't buy a non-TAA G58. Reading through the FAQs and blogs from when the TAA options were implemented, this field is there for airplanes that were originally not TAA but at some point were converted to be TAAs. So you might (as I do) have time in the same tail number as a non-TAA and then as a TAA.

What I'm asking about is when you create a new model of airplane, it gives the option to specify if that model is a TAA. Meaning, ALL examples of that model are TAAs. If that is correct for a certain model, then as Eric mentions in the blog, this is the best way to enter the model since then that property is applied to all tails of that model automatically.

But apparently the TAA box was not checked when the G58 model was created. OR, quite possibly, the G58 model was created in the system before Eric implemented the TAA option in 2018 (since it wasn't a term before 2018).

So my question is whether there's a way to edit the model as he mentions in the blog post I referenced, or if that option was removed because chaos ensued.

Last edited:
Yes, that is the easy option as plane-by-plane solution. But it's not technically accurate, a G58 with "glass PFD, MFD, and autopilot" is not an upgrade or a factory option, that's how it came off the assembly line and is the only option. You can't buy a non-TAA G58. Reading through the FAQs and blogs from when the TAA options were implemented, this field is there for airplanes that were originally not TAA but at some point were converted to be TAAs. So you might (as I do) have time in the same tail number as a non-TAA and then as a TAA.

What I'm asking about is when you create a new model of airplane, it gives the option to specify if that model is a TAA. Meaning, ALL examples of that model are TAAs. If that is correct for a certain model, then as Eric mentions in the blog, this is the best way to enter the model since then that property is applied to all tails of that model automatically.

But apparently the TAA box was not checked when the G58 model was created. OR, quite possibly, the G58 model was created in the system before Eric implemented the TAA option in 2018 (since it wasn't a term before 2018).

So my question is whether there's a way to edit the model as he mentions in the blog post I referenced, or if that option was removed because chaos ensued.
Yes, you can edit the model. If G58's are all TAA, then go to Aircraft->Models, search for the G58, click on it, click the pencil to edit it. This is all crowd-sourced (and I review all edits). Thanks

When you print, the signature should also print. It's an option you can turn on/off, but it's on by default.

Back