Votes: 5 15.6%
  • 85%

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • 70%

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
Burgers are good.

Juicy, pink burgers are great.

Adding the refrigerator makes them better (spicy mustard, ketchup, lettuce, cheese melted on the meat, bacon, tomato, pickles, onions, hot peppers, sautéed mushrooms, Heinz 57 . . . . Just no mayo to ruin it, save that for the ham sandwich. ("What is a hamburger? Ground ham? No, it's ground steak! So use Heinz 57 steak sauce . . . ")

Kobe beef burgers are magical. Flying to get a Kobe burger, then flying back after consumption, would be the ultimate flying meal!

Tell me you don't eat both of the twins at once.

Sac, I really hope that In-N-Out isn't your standard for a great burger. It's good for fast food, but it's not exactly gourmet.

I don't buy hamburger and I don't grind moose or caribou with any suet so out of the freezer my grind is 100% lean. I add fat to it for burgers or to pan cook it. Kneading butter into a hamburger patty makes it tolerable. Without it's too dry. Gourmet burgers at your fav restaurant usually have around 30% fat. Juicy and tasty are products of fat, not lean.

I rarely eat hamburgers. Bread and fat aren't my favorites. Add fries to that? I'd be a blimp in no time.

A hamburger (also called a beef burger, hamburger sandwich, burger, hamburg or cheeseburger when served with a slice of cheese) is a sandwich consisting of one or more cooked patties of ground meat, usually beef, placed inside a sliced bread roll or bun.

In the United States, a court in Boston, Massachusetts ruled that "sandwich" includes at least two slices of bread.

GTFO with that wrapped in lettuce ****.

Now that I look at Sac's picture closer, it looks like he's stealing food from the hungry kids at Boys & Girls club.

There's a bar in downtown Charleston WV that has a burger that's half pork and half ground beef. Big burger too, a real clogger!

I agree, if you're going to make burgers out of ground beef, you don't want to use the ultra lean stuff. You need the fat.

If you want to go ultralean, try ground ostrich some time (fortunately, we have an ostrich farm near us). Looks like beef (it's red) and doesn't taste too bad and it has hardly any fat. Only warning when cooking ostrich, do not DO so by color compared to beef. Ostrich stays redder longer than beef when it cooks. If you try to get it to medium you've probably way overcooked it.

There's a bar in downtown Charleston WV that has a burger that's half pork and half ground beef. Big burger too, a real clogger!
We used to have a chain that made a mixed pork/beef burger. It was (at least in their mixture) an acquired taste. However, you can buy at most groceries a "meatloaf" (or sometimes meatball) mix that's a mixture of beef/veal/pork.

Tell me you don't eat both of the twins at once.

Absolutely. Normally for lunch I have one and a salad, and for dinner I will have two. In fairness, the two Habit doubles was at mile 70 of a 110 mile ride.

Sac, I really hope that In-N-Out isn't your standard for a great burger. It's good for fast food, but it's not exactly gourmet.

Nope, not at all. I just like to switch it up. They do accommodate my lettuce wrap habits, so why not patronize.

A hamburger (also called a beef burger, hamburger sandwich, burger, hamburg or cheeseburger when served with a slice of cheese) is a sandwich consisting of one or more cooked patties of ground meat, usually beef, placed inside a sliced bread roll or bun.
In the United States, a court in Boston, Massachusetts ruled that "sandwich" includes at least two slices of bread.

GTFO with that wrapped in lettuce ****.

Someone needs to make me a "whatever dude" smiley. Except I wouldn't use it because I don't do smilies. So, whatever dude. More abs, less buns.

My Italian Grandmother used that mix for her meata balls! Absolutely delicious.
My great aunt (my grandmother's sister), used to make a very finely textured meatloaf that was served cold as an appetizer at family parties. One of my uncles said this was the best bread he ever tasted, leading the delicacy to be forever known as Aunt Irene's Bread.

My great aunt (my grandmother's sister), used to make a very finely textured meatloaf that was served cold as an appetizer at family parties. One of my uncles said this was the best bread he ever tasted, leading the delicacy to be forever known as Aunt Irene's Bread.

Recipe?

'Murica.
photo-4.jpg

^^ there is so much wrong up there in the whole thread, I don't know where to begin.

Heads up. The new Carl's Jr./Hardee's Moonshine Burger is...

Pretty bad. I tried it. The worst part about it is the sauce. Sickeningly sweet. And the onion crisp things were just odd tasting, and they were like chewing on straw. I was quite disappointed. And I happened to like their last promotional burger, the Steakhouse Burger.

One of the best burgers I ever had was in this tiny hole-in-the-wall place on the big Island of Hawaii. I was just trying to look it up but couldn't find the name. It was in the Kawaihae Shopping Center on the north west shore. A local told me about it. When I got it, it looked like the greasiest hamburger I'd ever seen I mean it was just dripping. But the taste! It was out of this world. I'm sure it was the most unhealthy burger I'd ever had. Lean beef is not particularly tasty is the point.

For a lean burger, Bison is pretty good while retaining good taste.

My favorite burger places:

Alonzo's Bar in Baltimore. Either "The Meal" 1lb burger or the raw beef sandwich.

Clarke's Charcoal Broiler in Mountain View, CA. Just about every thing you would want to add to a burger is there for you to make your masterpiece.

I'm not overly enamored with the five guys burgers. Fries are good though. For chain stuff, Red Robin and Shake Shack aren't bad and the NC Char-Broil franchise.

I had a burger at Red Robin once. I was unimpressed.

One of the best burgers I ever had was in this tiny hole-in-the-wall place on the big Island of Hawaii. I was just trying to look it up but couldn't find the name. It was in the Kawaihae Shopping Center on the north west shore. A local told me about it. When I got it, it looked like the greasiest hamburger I'd ever seen I mean it was just dripping. But the taste! It was out of this world. I'm sure it was the most unhealthy burger I'd ever had. Lean beef is not particularly tasty is the point.

Kohala Burger and Taco?

We had very good burgers at Village Burger in Waimea. It's one of the few places that advertised locally grown beef.

John

Heads up. The new Carl's Jr./Hardee's Moonshine Burger is...

Pretty bad. I tried it. The worst part about it is the sauce. Sickeningly sweet. And the onion crisp things were just odd tasting, and they were like chewing on straw. I was quite disappointed. And I happened to like their last promotional burger, the Steakhouse Burger.
Better or worse than McDonald's?

Here we go, a proper combo. Carl's Bacon Guacamole burger, 1/2 lb. Bueno. Muy.IMG_3028.JPG

For the cheap junk fast food, I'm a burger king man, but Carl's makes a good burger and fortunately it has rubbed off on the local Hardees franchises. Carl's picking up the remains of the Hardees chain is the best thing that ever happened to that brand. I had a specific dislike when they bought out and eradicated the Roy Rogers chain (this has a small renaisance as some of the stores survived the assimilation).

Of the chains, I've always liked Wendys. And then 5 Guys. I think there's a Shake Shack or two in Birmingham up the road but haven't tried them yet. But a local restaurant that makes a great burger is best. To me anyway.

Back