Votes: 11 34.4%
  • 90%

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • 85%

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • 70%

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
For the cheap junk fast food, I'm a burger king man, but Carl's makes a good burger and fortunately it has rubbed off on the local Hardees franchises. Carl's picking up the remains of the Hardees chain is the best thing that ever happened to that brand. I had a specific dislike when they bought out and eradicated the Roy Rogers chain (this has a small renaisance as some of the stores survived the assimilation).

I do like Burger King and it has been my favorite for years, but I've kind of migrated over to Carl's since you a) get a lettuce wrap option, important to me, not important to most people though, and b) have more burger variation options, important to everyone including myself. If I'm going to eat the bun, it's probably going to be a Whopper. More accurately a Double Whopper with cheese. And onion rings.

Just remembered Burger Chef, old chain gone for years. Used to love the Big Chef burger. Kinda like a Big Mac but better.

Wendy's used to be a good burger place when I was little. They've gone way downhill.

tumblr_mlgdl7oplV1r2du9bo1_500.gif

"That is a TASTY burger!

I think Whataburger or In-N-Out is probably my choice for "fast food", although Five Guys/Fat Guys is just about as fast but they don't have drive-thru windows. However, if I'm going to sit down and order a burger, it better be a single patty 1/2lbs. burger with plenty of seasoning and/or marinade. Local favorite is Ron's Hamburgers for their sausageburgers and fresh-cut fries.

For the cheap junk fast food, I'm a burger king man, but Carl's makes a good burger and fortunately it has rubbed off on the local Hardees franchises. Carl's picking up the remains of the Hardees chain is the best thing that ever happened to that brand. I had a specific dislike when they bought out and eradicated the Roy Rogers chain (this has a small renaisance as some of the stores survived the assimilation).
Are you saying that Carl's and Hardee's weren't always the same? I thought they were, just different coasts.

One of my favorite burger places in Socal is slater's 50/50... The patty is 1/2 beef, 1/2 bacon! mmmmmm

Nope, Hardees was a southern gristleburger chain which was bought out by Imasco which pretty much destroyed what little worth it had. They then took a successful chain with a loyal following (Roy Rogers) from Mariott and destroyed that asset by turning all the locations into Hardees. I remember reading a editorial from the CEO of Carl's when he was buying up the remains of the chain that Imasco did one of the great blunders of all times by killing off the Roy's brand.

Shortly afterward he started assimilating Hardees into the Carl's system. While the name remains, the menu is pretty much in lockstep with the Carl's restaurants.
Which is the only reason it is tolerable to eat there.

One of my favorite burger places in Socal is slater's 50/50... The patty is 1/2 beef, 1/2 bacon! mmmmmm
Slater's Chief Grill Officer
burger.jpg

Slater's Chief Medical Officer
doctor-trust.jpg

Nope, Hardees was a southern gristleburger chain which was bought out by Imasco which pretty much destroyed what little worth it had. They then took a successful chain with a loyal following (Roy Rogers) from Mariott and destroyed that asset by turning all the locations into Hardees. I remember reading a editorial from the CEO of Carl's when he was buying up the remains of the chain that Imasco did one of the great blunders of all times by killing off the Roy's brand.

Shortly afterward he started assimilating Hardees into the Carl's system. While the name remains, the menu is pretty much in lockstep with the Carl's restaurants.
Which is the only reason it is tolerable to eat there.
Roy Rogers... Triggerburgers. Neigh!

Ya gotta try Burger Fi!

Generally prefer Wendy's, but Five Guys is pretty good, too, and they NEVER out mayo in my burger. ;)

Yes...about six months before our trip to Las Vegas where I was going to take my brother to the HEART attack Grill, he errr....had heart trouble. Not quite a heart attack, but his wife would have killed me if I had taken him. Still on my bucket list. Near the bottom.

No image available but a local sports bar will fix you one with four pounds of beef and all the trimmin's. Betcha can't eat just one. ;)

I was just at a local eatery today that makes many burgers. The big one (four 1/2 lb patties, cheese, bacon, the works) is on the menu cover--eat the whole thing, get a free t-shirt. The burger itself is 24.95 including your choice of side.

You'd think, right. Unfortunately, I may not be able to cook the bacon, but I am the one who makes it. So all that house and kids stuff goes to stay-at-home dad. Once he gets back in the workforce, I guess I'm gonna have to figure out which room the laundry magic happens in and read a manual or something.

Important question - do these burgers have bacon on them? Because if not, why bother consuming?
Do what Jack Reacher does. No need for laundry... ever.

I'm not a fan of real lean meat, especially in burgers. Probably the best thing to do would be to add a few chopped sweet onions to the hamburg. You'll see this if you buy BubbaBurgers, though I'm sure they don't use lean beef to start with.

Back