The Great Monkey Race - volunteers needed

All right, monkey's going to be over the Pacific Ocean in about an hour, destination Half Moon Bay. That will be his starting point. He will then travel to Petaluma for a handoff to Sam D.

WOOHOO!

I say extra bonus points if you can work the word 'monkey' in when talking to ATC and have it recorded (liveatc counts)...

Monkey at the Pacific Ocean!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
Good to see the monkey is finally moving.

I feel like we need to start a monkey traveling thread. Please!!!

The monkey has arrived in Petaluma. I'll start a new thread with pics.

That thread is here.

Last edited:
Should monkey need passage though or around Kentucky I would be honored to assist!

Roger. We'll figure it out. No worries. This all assumes the stupid weather pattern doesn't hold and we get dumped on on Monday and then again the next weekend anyway. Haha.

Called KHND a couple of days ago and they are booked solid. So KVGT it is for us. We arrive Thursday about noon. Friday will likely be a trip to Hoover dam. And Saturday I'm hoping to fly off to the grand canyon for some sight seeing. Sunday is return home. Schedule is very flexible and we'll have a rental car. Hopefully you thaw out in time to make the trip!

Ok right now hoping for a Saturday departure. WX is still a bit up in the air that day. Sunday looks great for your return flight home.

What day are you leaving VGT Nate? Would love to come say what's up

When I first saw the title of this thread, the first thing that popped into my head was: Obama vs. Sharpton. OK, I know I'll go to hell for that. :nono::rofl:

What day are you leaving VGT Nate? Would love to come say what's up

Right now I would like to be there Sat PM and leave Sun AM but it's all weather dependent. Since I've been digging out of the blizzard I haven't been watching the forecasts change, since they always do... so I'll look at it later tonight.

If either of you want companionship on the next leg out of Denver I'm amenable to being the second monkey if it is Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.

Hm....since we're looking to continue to a southern route, I'll take it from APA to LHX or PUB, altho the FBO at LHX is more amenable to things like this.

If you want you could meet Nate at BJC tomorrow and then we could skip the APA step.

Back