The Great Monkey Race: Progress Thread

Oh my, looks like we're going to achieve coast to coast!

image.jpeg "Jacksonville Center, Monkey One, Level 2-2-0".

I have to admit, for a monkey who such a bad ass when he is all coked up, he really looked kind of scared being up this high.

Last edited:
I think the weather between here and GMU is not going to quite as bad though we might have to file to fly. Takes me about an hour to GMU, not sure what Dave will be flying in. I would be leaving the house between 9:00 and 9:30 to head to the airport.

I was planning on an 11:00 departure. If you can't make it, just post it before that. I had no other plans, so it's no big deal. Heck, if you give me a little time, I'll get him to the Atlantic before the hand off.

SUCK IT, Mother Nature!

deleteme.jpg

wait a minute.....I checked my log book and I have 3.1 under the hood about 2 1/2 years ago, so I should be good to go!

Last edited:
Doesn't look like a such a swell day for a VFR only monkey. Are we officially calling it off?

Last edited:
this is killing me, fellas, but with that forecast I can't see making this trip. sorry guys, but gotta make the right call here. of course with that being said, I'll bet it'll be clear mother effin skies and unlimited effin viz.
@Dave Theisen

I think you are making the right decision. Unfortunately, my next 3 weekends are tied up, but I'd be up for doing something during the week, or can hand him off to another Atlanta monkey transporter.

Next up for the Monkey, I have a flight scheduled to SAV on Tuesday, so he should make it to the Atlantic after all! Of course there is going to be a Presidential TFR that day which may screw things up. Anyone want to meet Tuesday morning?

yes, officially cancelling today's trip. we'll figure something out. Dave, there's a chance I can take a day off during the week, not sure about this Tuesday but weekdays could be an option.

What if I take possession and take him down to Sun n Fun in a week and half?

You know what p!sses me off the most? I was bringing celebratory bananas for everyone!!

fc77c926e2f9ea1eb240c00774ecd45c.jpg

I'm up for anything the monkey is up for. I know next weekend is out for me, but maybe he'll work his way to the coast after all!

we should still meet up at gmu one of these days tho

Will there be a Monkey Reunion anytime/anywhere? Or should we all plan for SC??? (C'mon, Sixie, point that thing towards the rising sun and stop before your TV screen shows all blue . . . And if you forget that, you've got a nice red handle . . . :p )

for those underestimating the magnitude of a banana:

@Dave Theisen and @EppyGA, did you guys meet up and do a monkey handoff?

Not yet. I'll try and meet up with Dave this week so the Monkey can attend our pancake breakfast Saturday, help the youth with their Pietenpol and the crew working on the RV-12.

The monkey's plans for the next couple of days include flying into Hartsfield-Jackson tomorrow and then Savannah on Tuesday. If I can't make the pancake breakfast on Saturday myself, I'll try to get him to @EppyGA before then.

The monkey's plans for the next couple of days include flying into Hartsfield-Jackson tomorrow and then Savannah on Tuesday. If I can't make the pancake breakfast on Saturday myself, I'll try to get him to @EppyGA before then.

Just keep in touch Dave/

The weather and schedules are a downer, but think of it like this. Let's say you are writing a book. A 40 page book is unsaleable. Unless one page has the winning lottery numbers on it for the next twenty years. 80 pages still forget it. 100 pages qualifies for a dime store novel. 300 pages is a hit.

Look, the monkey is racking up stories, and experience. If it takes a year to get to Eman, so what. Much the great documentary. Like a fine scotch whiskey.

I expect this event to reach at least AOPA, if not EAA.

image.png As an added bonus, this afternoon the monkey got to visit the World's Busiest Airport!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
For those of you keeping score at home: today's itinerary was PDK-SSI-PDK-ATL-ABY-PDK. So no closer to Charlotte, but he sure is having fun........clean fun, for a change. :)

But it is time for him to move on. Randy, I'm still not sure about the breakfast yet, so what's your week looking like?

Back