The Great Monkey Race: Progress Thread

image.jpeg

The monkey has arrived in Atlanta. He has already tried to fly the replica of the Ben Epps 1912 airplane.

Alright glad to see the monkey has moved, he is almost home!

Hey Dave, did the size of eman's monkey surprise you?

Who's up? Eman?

I could have met Hank in ATL and I can easily meet Dave at GMU.........are we trying to get him to the coast or just put an end to The Great Monkey Race? I'm fine with GMU, cause all this burger talk in Sac's other thread has me in the mood for a Runway Cafe burger, but I'm also good with the coast. I'm fine either way, but I know I'm gonna be looking to fly this weekend since it's been almost a month since I've flown.

I've been tempted to take that replica out for a spin. I'd just have to convince the line guys to drag it out for me.

We need another SE POA meet up at GMU. Good burgers!

I'm up for GMU on Saturday. After that my next few weekends are busy. Between charters and personal trips coming up, I'll take him somewhere.

If any of the other Atlanta folks want to grab him from me, we can do that as well.

I'm gonna book a plane for Saturday "just in case". The following weekend is it good for me either.

it was good to meet you Dave. I'm glad you have the Monkey in the ATL. Pictures and video to come if I can figure out how to edit it.

As you saw, The Monkey has been passed. Hope he's not too sick, we were shaken not stirred all the way back . . . Once we cleared the Bravo and climbed to 8500, it was smooth, but getting back down was not. My base doesn't report weather, but AUO was calling 340@9G20 as I headed towards 3200' of asphalt with a big "31" on the end of it. Didn't need any brakes to turn off, either.

Right now, I'm debating supper or a nap.

Here's Mike and I delivering the little guy. He will have to add the video.

I snuck a shot of Dave while Mike was setting up the real camera, too.

Attachments

• 20160320_133412.jpg
    20160320_133412.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20160320_130925.jpg
    20160320_130925.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 40
Would love to make it over too but I'll be out of town for Easter. Y'all have fun with your monkey business!

and so it is done. holy cr@p, almost there!!!!!!!!

The monkey may make it to the coast before he arrives at his new home after all! I have a trip scheduled to SSI on Thursday, so I'll take him for a ride in the Pilatus. For you Southeast folks, the plan is for me to meet eman at the runway cafe at GMU at noon on Saturday, who else is in for this historic occasion?

The monkey may make it to the coast before he arrives at his new home after all! I have a trip scheduled to SSI on Thursday, so I'll take him for a ride in the Pilatus. For you Southeast folks, the plan is for me to meet eman at the runway cafe at GMU at noon on Saturday, who else is in for this historic occasion?

Wow that's awesome! We'll need pics of the coast! Wait, what am I saying, pics of the pilatus!!!!!

I hate to look too far ahead, but what next?

I was telling Eman, we need a race (assuming we are all smart enough to not get hurt)
Have someone from Florida trade something with someone in California. See who completes first.
Use the @EdFred route generator to build the legs.

Just a thought.

I was telling Eman, we need a race (assuming we are all smart enough to not get hurt)
Have someone from Florida trade something with someone in California. See who completes first.
Use the @EdFred route generator to build the legs.

Just a thought.

It's almost as if you are new here?!?!?!:confused:

Make it to the coast before reaching home??

Say - is the monkey in college and on spring break? Not so sure about that detox part ..

For you Southeast folks, the plan is for me to meet eman at the runway cafe at GMU at noon on Saturday, who else is in for this historic occasion?

Would love to be there, but I'm not flying at the moment and it's too far to drive. Anyone from the north eastern NC area thinking of going?

I've got about five of us from 690 coming to lunch Saturday. Is the target still noon?

Would love to be there, but I'm not flying at the moment and it's too far to drive. Anyone from the north eastern NC area thinking of going?
sht, how far north east? any chance u can get to southeast charlotte? the arrow will be cramped but if u don't mind cramming in the back seat and u can catch a ride to the area you're more than welcome to come with us.

I've got about five of us from 690 coming to lunch Saturday. Is the target still noon?
yes, so far that is still the plan. what's 690 ?

sht, how far north east? any chance u can get to southeast charlotte? the arrow will be cramped but if u don't mind cramming in the back seat and u can catch a ride to the area you're more than welcome to come with us.

yes, so far that is still the plan. what's 690 ?

EAA 690, my chapter.

image.jpeg The monkey is trying real hard to kick my keg, so his stay here in Atlanta must be short. He didn't make it to SSI and the Atlantic today because my trip cancelled. Going to take the little guy for a ride down to Destin tomorrow afternoon so he can see the Gulf. Plan is still in place to pass him to Eman at noon Saturday at GMU.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back