The Great Monkey Race: Progress Thread

everyone make it back from Sun N MonkeyFun ok? unbelievable pics from Eppy!

we could try for GMU round 2, or we could shoot for the coast. any takers or suggestions?

Yes, we are back. Had hoped to get the monkey back to Dave so he could take it to the Bahamas, schedules aren't going to work out though. You can add LZU - AYS - ISM - SGJ - AZE - LZU to your route. My wife and I will be in Concord on Sunday. Don't know if it is fly or drive yet.

Eman, concord is close to you, isn't it? Aren't you on the north side of town?

yep. u can see my house when you're mid-field on a right downwind for 20 at concord.
You see, I clearly don't *have* to be on a right downwind to see your house. In fact, I can see more clearly through your window from... from right here...

Hey, can you move a few inches to your left?

You see, I clearly don't *have* to be on a right downwind to see your house. In fact, I can see more clearly through your window from... from right here...

Hey, can you move a few inches to your left?

Having a stalker is weird, but I'm kinda used to it at this point.

Having a stalker is weird, but I'm kinda used to it at this point.
You find having a stalker weird? You have a monkey that has hitchhiked by airplane clear across the US just to bring you some heroin... and getting stalked is the weird part? I mean, c'mon man.

You find having a stalker weird? You have a monkey that has hitchhiked by airplane clear across the US just to bring you some heroin... and getting stalked is the weird part? I mean, c'mon man.

I mean, it's really good heroin.

Hoooolyyyy shyte! THAT picture must be preserved!

Yes. What a thrill that must have been for Sean Tucker to get his picture taken with THE monkey. And it looks like the monkey was totally cool with it.

I think the monkey needs to go to Oshkosh before the saga ends. Coast to coast and both of the two largest GA air shows in the country.

I think the monkey needs to go to Oshkosh before the saga ends. Coast to coast and both of the two largest GA air shows in the country.
Anybody have an in with a aerobatic team? I think we need the monkey to fly with one of the big teams, too. Blues, T-birds, Breitling, Aeroshell, etc

I have a couple of friends, one is an airshow pilot and the other works with a two plane team. We might be able to work something out for Good Neighbor Day here at PDK. I also know the owner of Team Aerodynamix, but I think they are still not flying.

Say, is that monkey running a still around here somewhere

We will pray for him tomorrow at church.

image.png

I'm out too. Someone in Atlanta must be flying this weekend. I do like the idea for him to fly in the PDK air show if he's still here.

I'm out too. Someone in Atlanta must be flying this weekend. I do like the idea for him to fly in the PDK air show if he's still here.

He should go to the air show. And if he goes, he should get INVERTED!!

I'm pretty sure eman will be dead before he sees that monkey. Somebody from PoA will bring it to the funeral. Haha.

Nah, still working on getting the monkey an aerobatic ride here in Atlanta. He's been living down in my basement since our return to from Sun n Fun. It would really be nice if he got to go to Air Venture too. I could get him a ride in a 1938 Aeronca once used by the CAP.

I do think we should get him to the coast or to CLT so we can officially call The Great Monkey Race a success (not that it isn't already!) but there is no reason why great monkey adventures can't continue on for, well, for as long as people have adventures to take him on.

I do think we should get him to the coast or to CLT so we can officially call The Great Monkey Race a success (not that it isn't already!) but there is no reason why great monkey adventures can't continue on for, well, for as long as people have adventures to take him on.
I think we should pick another destination and send him on. Back to the west coast maybe

Agreed, get this monkey to the finish! If he wants to continue afterword's cool but lets end this! I mean the monkey has already done some pretty amazing things already like seen the west coat, flown over some mountains, hookers and blow, weed, military simulators, jet time, sun and fun..I mean this thing has done more than me in a rather short time. End it now before I decided I have to out do the monkey!

Beautiful weather this weekend....

I really don't care. It's Eman's monkey, it's his call.

we had a goal. let's meet the goal, then continue the shenanigans as long as it interests people. OSH is a great idea, but no need for the monkey to collect dust for 3 months in the meantime. besides, you know how much blow can be done in 3 months?

Back