The Great Monkey Race: Progress Thread

we got a massive inch, inch and a half of snow. that's what was forecasted, and the schools were shut down YESTERDAY. it's a little embarrassing, but what can ya do.

Time to update the map!

It's neat to see this silly exercise resulting in POAers meeting one another.

Absolutely... :)

Hey - do you guys realize that The Monkey is only 406 miles from Charlotte now?

It looks to me like the distance from monkey's present position to its destination is shorter than Nate's leg...

:)

The Pony Express was a whole lot faster, wasn't it? Less than 3 weeks, I think I read, coast to coast.

I think you are right. Sac definitely used the cheapest (didn't pay shipping costs) and slowest, yet most expensive method to ship the Monkey to eman. LOL

David

Where is the monkey currently at and where does it need to go?

It is in Mississippi with me and I'm taking it to AL probably Sunday. Hank will be receiving it. From there Im not sure.

Sunday is good for weather around here. Good luck.

It is in Mississippi with me and I'm taking it to AL probably Sunday. Hank will be receiving it. From there Im not sure.

Anybody in SC want to take it on the last leg? Or should I wait to visit Mom and Dad in the NC foothills the next time?

It looks to me like the distance from monkey's present position to its destination is shorter than Nate's leg...

:)

Don't give the monkey any ideas about legs. He likes to hump things. Just sayin'.

The Pony Express was a whole lot faster, wasn't it? Less than 3 weeks, I think I read, coast to coast.

They didn't have to deal with 61.113 so they got paid for doing it.

But they didn't get to meet so many great people along the way.

The Monkey has met himself, and he looks scared. . . Maybe he will behave?

Hope ya'll had a good lunch in Auburn. I had to run home for plumbing problems--leaking pipe in the yard. At least the mud here is bright orange! :D

Last edited:
Wanna meet in N. Ga? There are some fun fields there.

So far, The Monkey is behaving. He was pretty scared the other day.

I reckon there's quite a few PoA peeps in atlanta area.

I don't think it would be right if the monkey didn't get to see Florida before heading up the east coast.

Yeah I thought later it would have been cool for the monkey to see the gulf before he sees the Atlantic.

Hank, he hasn't tried to hitch a ride on the jump plane yet?

Yeah I thought later it would have been cool for the monkey to see the gulf before he sees the Atlantic.

Hank, he hasn't tried to hitch a ride on the jump plane yet?

Don't give him ideas! He may try to parachute into Panama City, even though the airport is a 20-minute drive from the beach.

Alrighty, almost home! Hank, I hear he's a Mooney Monkey. Where to, y'all?

Who knew he was such a fan? I hated to tell him the season was over . . . At least he got to see the stadium.

Hmmm, can't upload the picture!

Monkey got slow. I went from Florida, past Cuba (twice), to Mexico and the Caymans and monkey ain't made it to eman yet?! ;) ;) ;)

I wonder if there's a TFR around the entire southeast? cause the wx is perfect for monkey-flyin.

You guys can't expect this to go faster! LOL I think the Monkey is on an extended vacation/tour of the USA.

David

I'm sensing some Hanky-panky with a punkey monkey.

Here's the poor, sad Monkey. He suddenly realized that Football Season is over, and he missed much of it stuffed into a manila envelope . . . Don't be mad at me, little Monkey! I'm trying it set you free!!

Here's the poor, sad Monkey. He suddenly realized that Football Season is over, and he missed much of it stuffed into a manila envelope . . . Don't be mad at me, little Monkey! I'm trying it set you free!!

Football season isn't over until the Broncos win this weekend.

That's a great shot! But don't worry little monkey man, the stage has been set for one hell of a good football game this weekend. After that you're Charlotte bound.

The Superbowl cometh - Set the Monkey Free! Superbowl in Charlotte for the Monkey!

If the monkey wanted to see the Superbowl he should have stayed in the Bay Area.

Back