The First Class Experience of Emirates

20161214_192019.jpg Business class 787 Air Canada to Frankfurt is almost as nice without the door. Big, beautiful pods. Fabulous menu and wine list. LOVE that plane!

Last edited:

This is one of the best Hey Look At Me videos I've ever seen. It's hilarious. I'm subscribing to this guy's YouTube channel.

:D :D

This is one of the best Hey Look At Me videos I've ever seen. It's hilarious. I'm subscribing to this guy's YouTube channel.

Ha! Yea, just about every video he posts gives off that vibe.

For me, the worst part of the video was when he mentioned he had kids. :(

$21000 What's that equate to $3000 an hour?
Roughly 1500$. $21,000 for a 14hr flight. I suppose first class is where the airline is truly making its money.

Lol I thought I was hilarious! Haters always gonna hate!

Total assclown.

I am not a huge fan of his but that "assclown" just recently sold his brand he built around himself online to CNN for a mere $25 million...so he is very rich assclown that is doing something right!

Pretty sure most of POA is NOT his target demographic!

I am not a huge fan of his but that "assclown" just recently sold his brand he built around himself online to CNN for a mere $25 million...so he is very rich assclown that is doing something right!

Plenty of rich assclowns buying other assclown's BS. CNN? Now THERE"S a group of assclowns!

What, besides the fact that he's a full of himself millennial douchebag?

My take as well. I watched about one minute of the video and that was enough for me. He just seemed like a jerk and I saw no need to watch any more.

Really? Who is he? I do not recognize him as anyone I have ever seen before. What is his brand?

God if you guys think this guy is an ass clown (even if he is) you should see Dan Bilzerian. Now he is a real ass clown!

Really? Who is he? I do not recognize him as anyone I have ever seen before. What is his brand?
Casey Neistat. He has over 7 million subscribers on YouTube. He started a social media app called Beme and sold it to CNN like @Shawn said.

I love Casey videos. Plus YouTube got the bill for the flights

I love Casey videos. Plus YouTube got the bill for the flights

Actually companies like Emirates will totally comp the upgraded flight in exchange for vlogging about the experience in a positive light. It is the new "product placement" form of advertising to reach the younger generation who are mostly the viewers of online content without being overtly advertised to. In addition to just ad revenue from online viewer count, "sponsorship" of good and services by companies for highlighting the product to their viewers is a major part of content creator's income stream these days. That is the value of building a subscription base of your content.

Actually companies like Emirates will totally comp the upgraded flight in exchange for vlogging about the experience in a positive light. It is the new "product placement" form of advertising to reach the younger generation who are all the viewers of online content without being overtly advertised to. In addition to just ad revenue from online viewers, "sponsorship" of good and services by companies is a major part of their income stream.
Yep. One of the flights he says in the videos says they upgraded him for free

Actually companies like Emirates will totally comp the upgraded flight in exchange for vlogging about the experience in a positive light. It is the new "product placement" form of advertising to reach the younger generation who are mostly the viewers of online content without being overtly advertised to. In addition to just ad revenue from online viewer count, "sponsorship" of good and services by companies for highlighting the product to their viewers is a major part of content creator's income stream these days. That is the value of building a subscription base of your content.

A couple of posts that start with Wowza! and a link to the video on social media sites and the unoccupied '$21,000' seat they gave to the youtuber is paid for. If millenials don't grasp that they are being overtly advertised to by this process, they are even less smart than I thought they are.

A couple of posts that start with Wowza! and a link to the video on social media sites and the unoccupied '$21,000' seat they gave to the youtuber is paid for. If millenials don't grasp that they are being overtly advertised to by this process, they are even less smart than I thought they are.
I just came across this video due to a friend who shared it on FB. I had never seen first class service like this, so I thought it was interesting. Who gives, whether it's be solicited toward millennials or not?? Just enjoy the video and move on.

If millenials don't grasp that they are being overtly advertised to by this process, they are even less smart than I thought they are.

I do not think it is at all a lack of understanding or recognition of that concept...but anyone is more likely to trust a recommendation of a "friend" or known entity vs a 30 second lead in advertisement commercial...and companies are learning how to capitalize on reaching those people better and most are aware and accepting of that influence as part of the content creation process.

A buddy of mine is the TV advertising business and he was just hoping that the trend of online marketing and digital content does not completely decimate traditional television advertising before he retires in 10 years or so as they are making mint currently and the owner does not wanna reinvent their business model. They are all hoping there will be enough old people and housewives left still alive watching daytime soaps on traditional TV that have not "cut the cord" yet to keep them viable for the next few years!...they are worried as an industry and know the end is coming.

I do not think it is at all a lack of understanding or recognition of that concept...but anyone is more likely to trust a recommendation of a "friend" or known entity vs a 30 second lead in advertisement commercial...and companies are learning how to capitalize on reaching those people better and most are aware and accepting of that influence as part of the content creation process.

Yup, and it works:

I just came across this video due to a friend who shared it on FB.

A buddy of mine is the TV advertising business and he was just hoping that the trend of online marketing and digital content does not completely decimate traditional television advertising before he retires in 10 years or so as they are making mint currently and the owner does not wanna reinvent their business model. They are all hoping there will be enough old people and housewives left still alive watching daytime soaps on traditional TV that have not "cut the cord" yet to keep them viable for the next few years!...they are worried as an industry and know the end is coming.

He knows that he is in the buggy-whip business. First to go are the glossy magazines:

buggy_whip.jpg
https://www.wsj.com/articles/plummeting-newspaper-ad-revenue-sparks-new-wave-of-changes-1476955801

That free upgrade (which wasn't '22 thousand dollars' but rather 22k-whatever he paid for his business class seat) in exchange for a bubbly review was cheap compared with taking out a full page ad in 'Conde Nast Traveler'.

What, besides the fact that he's a full of himself millennial douchebag?

The guy has a kid that graduated high school, how could he be a millennial?

I just came across this video due to a friend who shared it on FB. I had never seen first class service like this, so I thought it was interesting. Who gives, whether it's be solicited toward millennials or not?? Just enjoy the video and move on.

That's the way I took it. Interesting, I'll never be able to afford one of those seats. Next..

If you knew more of his backstory, you may not be so enthusiastic.. I'm just a casual lurker here and only browse this site for the pure entertainment value, however when I saw this thread I felt the need to post.

Casey is well known and not very highly regarded in the RC community for some of his alleged reckless antics flying UAV's in NYC:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sho...eistat-Our-hobby-s-number-one-public-nuisance

If you watch some of his earlier YT videos (which will generate him more revenue) you can judge for yourself.

He's apparently currently under investigation by the FAA (his own admission in a recent vlog for the unveiling of the DJI Spark).

My personal opinion is not to support this guy by watching his videos, but obviously everyone is free to judge for themselves and make their own choice.

Rant off :confused: Fly safe all :)

I like his videos but there's no question he was busting airspace with his drone around NYC in some of his videos.

Back