The First Class Experience of Emirates

I think the bigger issue is ass clowns such as these are what we consider successes in America these days, along with athletes, politicians, actors, etc. not people who do real work. Congrats he has his money, go,ahead and follow him and waste your time on social media.

I think the bigger issue is ass clowns such as these are what we consider successes in America these days, along with athletes, politicians, actors, etc. not people who do real work. Congrats he has his money, go,ahead and follow him and waste your time on social media.
Yeah, anyone who contributes to social media is an asscl.... oh, nevermind!

$21000 What's that equate to $3000 an hour?

Seriously. Wow.

A buddy of mine is the TV advertising business and he was just hoping that the trend of online marketing and digital content does not completely decimate traditional television advertising before he retires in 10 years or so as they are making mint currently and the owner does not wanna reinvent their business model. They are all hoping there will be enough old people and housewives left still alive watching daytime soaps on traditional TV that have not "cut the cord" yet to keep them viable for the next few years!...they are worried as an industry and know the end is coming.

Ten years? Boy I hate to break it to him, but traditional commercials and infomercials are already circling the drain. I can't think of anyone who doesn't at least watch stuff from a DVR and skip as much of it as possible, and most are watching online where the absolute most annoying thing is a commercial that locks out the skip button.

Paired with the slop that networks produce for TV... I mean seriously, cop shows and sitcoms, and anything that touches on any topics the L.A. crowd doesn't like, is canceled? Always love the cop shows though... at least one two hundred round firefight in a stairwell with no hearing protection every week, and none of the main characters ever suffer any hearing loss... hahaha... nor do they apparently ever have to reload when firing forty rounds from a pistol. Hahahaha. Total crap.

Here's the perhaps sad part. I really would rather watch this rather dude with his online video cliche's, take his Emirates flight, than sit through an entire hour of network TV programming.

We have satellite TV out here because OTA is just a right on the edge reach out here, so there's a convenience factor of not having to put up (another) tower and run more coax, but really the main reason for it is football. With NFL branching out into online, we were cord cutters ten years before it was cool, and I think we could go back eventually.

The few shows I watch are always DVRed or watched a couple of years after they came out via online streaming, and all commercials are skipped with a vengeance. I hate the things.

Last thing I need is some insurance company telling me they're God's gift to car insurance and actually watching the whole commercial more than once, even if it is done in a funny way.

Saw it once, never want to see it again. Got stuff to do. Plus, it's just annoying to me to know what they charge me for the product and what the ads cost. I think I'd rather have a discount and dump the entire ad campaign. Thanks. :)

You may have to grow old, you can remain immature forever.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood! ;-)

I didn't know the guy's background or anything, but I watched the video earlier today and enjoyed seeing how the rich and famous live, on airliners. Pretty nice. Not $21,000 nice, but nice. The shower is obviously a novelty and that part cracked me up, just because I'd have to put in a reservation and screw around doing that too, just because it was there.

I find it pretty easy to ignore his behavior. I was just checking out the amenities. Could turn the sound off and I'd still enjoy looking at the gadgets.

Also made me realize how much trouble US carriers are in. They get all hot and steamy over just giving first class a seat that kinda lays down. Whoop dee doo.

(That Onion article about Frontier this week nailed it, though. Hahahaha. Hilarious.)

For those who are a bit confused about how old "millennials" are, the generally accepted definition is anyone born after 1980, which puts the oldest at 37. Well into parenting age. Half of the workforce will be millenials by 2020.

Generation Z, or whatever they end up getting branded, is the youngsters now. You old farts. Haha. And then perhaps "Generarion Alpha" behind them.

I don't really get into the whole generation naming thing, as most of the behavioral patterns repeat in alternating generations, and most significant patterns of behavior are simply repetitive based on age. But it's fun to read articles by bored authors who have a deadline to hit, about the named generations.

Roughly 1500$. $21,000 for a 14hr flight. I suppose first class is where the airline is truly making its money.

Emirates doesn't make money. They don't have to make money. It exists solely as a flying billboard system for an oil rich Arab nation.

Back