The ‘What’s for Dinner?’ Thread

holy moly! You cook hoski?? I thought you had a bunch of scantily clad ladies that did that for you this whole time...

every now and then u gotta show off ur skillz b.

Hm, what's in the fridge? Eggs, potatoes, leftover mystery meat, vegetables past their prime...

Looks like hash tonight.

20140321-green-chile-chorizo-hash-food-lab-17.jpg

I'll be firing up the grill in about 2 minutes, as soon as I put the martini glass down. Grilled chicken, boneless skinless breasts marinated in italian dressing, with colby-jack cheese on grilled buns for grilled chicken sandwiches.

I'll be firing up the grill in about 2 minutes, as soon as I put the martini glass down. Grilled chicken, boneless skinless breasts marinated in italian dressing, with colby-jack cheese on grilled buns for grilled chicken sandwiches.
I posted the rabbit video as a suggestion for you.

At my wife's request, I made Tuscan Stew. It starts with a piece of round roast or steak, cut into bite size pieces, which are browned in olive oil, then removed. Next in go chopped red onion, carrots, and celery. Once those are softened, the beef goes back in, along with a can of storebought beef broth, about two thirds of a bottle of dry white wine, and a quarter cup of lemon juice, and some herbs, salt, and pepper. I do add potatoes although most Tuscan
Stew recipes don't include them. Simmer for about two hours, then take the lid off and boil down the remaining liquid until slightly thickened.

Because of the holidays, I made some pecan coconut chocolate balls. These are perilously close to fudge. My daughters asked me if there was crack in them. I can only eat one or two, because they are so rich. If you make these. make them small, most people can't eat a large one, it's just too rich.

Geez. The 21st century and everybody has phone/camera and hardly a pic in the whole thread. What is wrong with 'you people'? :rolleyes:

uvM3IXW.jpg

Loin? Blade? O-bone?
Dunno. It's wrapped in butcher paper and just says "lamb chops". I catered a friend's family reunion (bbq) a couple months ago. I cooked up about 30 lb of pork butts from their own hogs. They paid me in meat from their freezer... including a goat leg(!).

img_20180805_122951-jpg.65923

One of the team guys smoked some lamb chop mini t-bones at our June bbq contest. He marinated them overnight, smoked them for about an hour, then gave them a quick sear for color and to finish them. They didn't get a ribbon, but holy cow were they good.

Smoked some pork ribs, bbq baked beans, homemade biscuits, and a pickle. Not a bad meal for being on the clock at work.

Dunno. It's wrapped in butcher paper and just says "lamb chops". I catered a friend's family reunion (bbq) a couple months ago. I cooked up about 30 lb of pork butts from their own hogs. They paid me in meat from their freezer... including a goat leg(!).

If you're lucky, those chops will be from the rack. However, shoulder arm chops are really good osso buco style too.

Back