That Guy...

Same guy that parks in the cell-phone-pick-up-zone at the airport terminal waiting for his passengers to deplane and get their checked baggage.
Wait. Isn't that what the cell phone pick up zone if for?

The guy that drives into an intersection that is backed up and blocks traffic when the light changes.
I HATE those guys. If you can't clear the intersection, don't pull up!!!!

When I am on the cross street, I just want to put my bumper a few inches away from their car door and blast my horn until they move. But then, I never do. :(

The off-terminal holding area is where you get to park and wait for their call.
Oh. I misunderstood what you were referring to. I thought you were talking about the designated lot where you wait for the call to come pick them up.

The guy that has a loaded grocery cart, one check stand open, you have two items, and does not offer to let you go first.

"Oh, you only have two items? Well, you might as well just go on ahead. . . . and do some more shopping, 'cause it looks like I'm going to be here a while. Hey, can you take a check?"

How about the DOUCHE BAG that parks his non-electric car in front of the only charging station ? We call those guys "ICE-holes" !

At my closest Best Buy, they have to spots reserved for "fuel efficient" vehicles, whatever the hell that means. (These are not electric car charging stations.) I park there every time, even though sometimes they are farther away than the nearest unoccupied spot. Hey, my car has a sixth gear.

At my closest Best Buy, they have to spots reserved for "fuel efficient" vehicles, whatever the hell that means. (These are not electric car charging stations.) I park there every time, even though sometimes they are farther away than the nearest unoccupied spot. Hey, my car has a sixth gear.

I want to see one of those. I'll purposely go park the dually in it. For it's size and weight it's quite fuel efficient since it has the Cummins in it. Hahaha.

But I wouldn't be caught dead in a Worst Buy for anything other than dropping used electronics in their recycle bin and walking back out. Everything in the place is overpriced.

The person who makes a wide right turn as if he is pulling a double tractor trailer and doesn't want the trailer wheels to go over the curb when traffic is coming towards him. I do yield to someone actually pulling something or otherwise needs to make a wide turn.

Or the person making a left turn and cuts the corner so it looks like they are driving in a left-hand country.

That idiot hypermiler in front of me, coasting under the speed limit afraid to touch the accelerator, windows fogged up since running the AC hurts his mileage, slowing down for curves and slowing way down on every uphill grade . . . because getting one more mpg is much more important than him (or anyone else) reaching their destination in a timely manner.

Or the person making a left turn and cuts the corner so it looks like they are driving in a left-hand country.

If it gets them out of the way without me having to slow down to turning speed, I'm all for the cars in front of me turning like this. Saves me time by not slowing down as hch, and saves me gas by not having to accelerate as much.

How about that guy that doesn't get into the lane to make a left hand turn until the actual TURN itself. Even though he could have quickly merged into the lane and slowed down, they instead time it as if there ISN'T a left or right turn lane.

For example, right:

right.JPG

Wrong:

wrong.JPG

Exactly. I'm always going to be that guy who doesn't move over for someone merging on to the freeway unless its a truck or something that simply can't merge in at speed. If there's a half mile of empty lane behind and in front of me you should really be able to figure out how to end up somewhere other than next to my car.

We have a lot of traffic metering lights in the freeway onramps here. Many of them are active then they really shouldn't be, like when traffic is flowing at 80+ mph. Merging can become a CRISIS, with no exaggeration, particularly when you are stuck behind a slow truck. I really do not like to hang out in the right hand lane if I can help it.

I get the point of the merger primarily being responsible for the merge. But here clean merges are the exception and not the rule, and if you're going to drive in the right most lane, you need to be willing to work with me.

If it gets them out of the way without me having to slow down to turning speed, I'm all for the cars in front of me turning like this. Saves me time by not slowing down as hch, and saves me gas by not having to accelerate as much.
The problem is when there is oncoming traffic they turn into.

How about that guy that doesn't get into the lane to make a left hand turn until the actual TURN itself. Even though he could have quickly merged into the lane and slowed down, they instead time it as if there ISN'T a left or right turn lane.

For example, right:

View attachment 54511

Wrong:

View attachment 54512
That seems all too common here in Nebraska, daily (at least) event here.

The person who flips on their turn signal during the turn. Why bother? It's too late to convey useful information.

... reaching their destination in a timely manner.

Not defending the hyper-miler but ever done the time/speed/distance math on that?

I suspect you got to your destination no more than three minutes late. If even that.

You've got an E6B. Test my prediction. Remove 10 MPH for just that stretch going anywhere behind the hyper-miler (and that's generous -- your average probably only fell 3-5 MPH if even that) and see how much time you really lose.

I did the math on this a long time ago and for my 45 mile one-way commute there's virtually zero difference in time if I'm caught behind a car doing slightly slower than the speed limit for a portion of it. Similarly it does me no real good to do 10 over the limit.

But lots of folks THINK a slower car makes a big difference in their average speed for a trip. They don't unless you're pushing 20 over at least and more, the whole way there and your drive is at least an hour.

Do the math. You'll become enlightened about how little it matters and not have your blood pressure go up over a 120 second change in your trip time.

The person who flips on their turn signal during the turn. Why bother? It's too late to convey useful information.

On the other hand, the person who thinks their signal is a summoning device for Moses to part the traffic for them.

It isn't?:dunno::confused2:

No. It's a sign all for "I want to move over," but the desire does not create the opportunity. Even with a blinker going, you still need to wait for a suitable gap, you can take just bull your way between cars . . . "Rubbing is racing," but it is the supposed to be commuting.

No. It's a sign all for "I want to move over," but the desire does not create the opportunity. Even with a blinker going, you still need to wait for a suitable gap, you can take just bull your way between cars . . . "Rubbing is racing," but it is the supposed to be commuting.
The things some people type on this interwebz thing! Of course people are supposed to get out of my way. Some poster already said I was 'posed to change lanes for them when they wanted to merge. Get with the program guys.

That guy, who speaks of driving over the speed limit but will berate anyone who says, "just keep your mouth shut" on a pro rata share thread.

For example, right:

View attachment 54511

Wrong:

View attachment 54512

Actually, in both cases your drivers are a) cutting it really close, and b) turning in to the oncoming lanes. They both appear to be a little bit tipsy as well.

Actually, in both cases your drivers are a) cutting it really close, and b) turning in to the oncoming lanes. They both appear to be a little bit tipsy as well.

Hey..it's FL, more than half the people driving down here couldn't draw a straight line with a ruler. The road is more like a general guide and the lines that divide the lanes are more like...suggestions.

:)

I've not been bothered by him since moving back South, but that Yankee guy who wants to make a left turn across multiple lanes of traffic, but won't cross the white 'stop here' line . . . I've sat behind him, without moving a single inch, through three consecutive green light cycles, even fruitlessly encouraged him with my horn to pull into the intersection, until on Green Light #4 he smoked his tires and made the turn from behind the line as soon as the light changed, causing the three oncoming cars to brake to miss him . . .

Must be bad driving instructors in what I've come to learn is "the Midwest" but which I'd always thought of as "up North."

This one was the worst, but I met his many kin regularly going home from work. Sure is good to be home!

That guy making a left turn from a side street or driveway who fails to understand how the two way left turn lane works and waits for the entire road to clear instead of just waiting for the traffic from the left to clear and pulling out into the center lane and then waiting for the other traffic to clear and moving into the next lane. Of course, the laws vary on this also, Oregon requires you to stop in the center lane and wait, California allows you to use it to drive 200 feet to turn or merge into traffic.

I've not been bothered by him since moving back South, but that Yankee guy who wants to make a left turn across multiple lanes of traffic...

Listen up Hank.....or is it HankBillyBobbie.....them's fightin' words, I reckon.

Listen up Hank.....or is it HankBillyBobbie.....them's fightin' words, I reckon.

It's just Hank, and that's my experience.

It's difficult to make a left turn across multiple lanes of traffic from behind the white line; when the crossroad is also multiple languages es, it becomes much more difficult. We were all wanting to make a left turn into the far right lane (of 3) to make an immediate exit onto a bridge. It wasn't real easy to do at rush hour after pulling into the intersectjon, but at least you could then go when the light changed. Waiting behind the white line just meant you didn't go.

Haven't seem anyone do that since moving back South, and don't recall Southern drivers doing it before I moved north (or it wouldn't have been quite so exasperating waiting behind them).

John Wayne said, "Life is tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid." In this case, the stupid were making it tougher for everyone . . .

It's difficult to make a left turn across multiple lanes of traffic from behind the white line;

Haven't seem anyone do that since moving back South, and don't recall Southern drivers doing it before I moved north (or it wouldn't have been quite so exasperating waiting behind them).

In the southern city where I live, everyone waits behind the white line at left turns, drives me nuts as well.

I remember fondly when I was first learning to drive, my mother was riding right seat that day. Left turn, she told me to get up into the intersection. I told her the drivers manual said to wait at the white line until the intersection is clear for the turn. She says, nay yells "GET YOUR GD ASS UP IN THE INTERSECTION OR WE'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO TURN".

From that day forward I got my ass up into the intersection. Lol.

But, legally, people who wait at the white line are doing what the drivers manuals prescribe.

Same guy(s) pass by the 5 empty urinals and go into the stall to pee on the toilet seat. I wonder if their mommy still wipes their behind for them.
Same guy(s) spit in the sink and doesn't rinse it out.

I can tolerate dumb actions but being dumb AND filthy is a different story.

That guy on your tail who, when you brake for a yellow light that's on the verge of turning red, jinks out from behind you to blow through the red light.

Or, when you "push" a yellow light a little, the four guys who come through the intersection after you!

That guy that doesn't follow proper urinal etiquette. Five urinals open, he takes the middle. You're on the end he takes the one right beside you and has to fart and hawk up lugies to spit.

That guy that doesn't follow proper urinal etiquette. Five urinals open, he takes the middle. You're on the end he takes the one right beside you and has to fart and hawk up lugies to spit.
Metrosexuals never learned man law. Or they are brain dead clueless dweebs. Or they don't care about annoying others.

That guy perpendicular to you who stops at an intersection when he doesn't have a stop sign in order to let you go...when you are appropriately stopped at a stop sign. (Dude - you have just departed from the logical flow of traffic. I now have no idea what you are going to do next...)

Alright, I detect a slight thread drift. Let me help a little ... :)

That guy ... who orders a burger well done. (yech, I could barely type that nasty sh*t)

Or that guy ... who swears on his life and promises you a medium rare burger and brings you a POS shoe-leather well-overdone piece of burnt c*ap and when you very politely inquire whether they could please please please make it medium rare and juicy refuses because "it's not not possible because the meat is so thin". That guys ... deserves to be hauled off to the dump in the roomy trunk of Sopranos' Lincoln and two bullets put in the back of his head, f***ing metrosexual hipster prick.

That guy perpendicular to you who stops at an intersection when he doesn't have a stop sign in order to let you go...when you are appropriately stopped at a stop sign. (Dude - you have just departed from the logical flow of traffic. I now have no idea what you are going to do next...)

Last time this happened I almost got to the point of rolling down my window and pointing at the stop sign. Luckily he finally got all annoyed and went. I always assume they see a car that's newer than theirs and do it deliberately so they can hit you and get the insurance, so I won't move. Similar if I'm on a bicycle and someone tries to wave me on. If they decide to hit me, or the car behind them who has no idea what's going on goes around them then I'm the one in the hospital.

Same guy(s) pass by the 5 empty urinals and go into the stall to pee on the toilet seat. I wonder if their mommy still wipes their behind for them.
Same guy(s) spit in the sink and doesn't rinse it out.

I can tolerate dumb actions but being dumb AND filthy is a different story.

Judging by most public restrooms around here, they're lucky if they can hit the urinal. Most seem to just **** on the floor these days.

Apparently it's an in thing or something and I missed the memo. Lake Urea is often so deep and wide it might as well have a swim beach and a boat dock.

Last time this happened I almost got to the point of rolling down my window and pointing at the stop sign.

LOL. I've done that. Combined with the thousand yard stare until they effing go. Isn't as effective in sunglasses but whatever.

Back