That Guy...

kyleb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Drake the Outlaw
Parks and blocks the pedestrian entrance at the grocery store for 10 minutes so his spouse can "quickly" buy one item.

Same guy that parks in the cell-phone-pick-up-zone at the airport terminal waiting for his passengers to deplane and get their checked baggage.

How about the guy who parks his pick-up directly in front of the FBO entrance door on the apron side and goes in to shoot the breeze for two hours. Meanwhile his buddies arrive in their vehicles and park to barracade the entire front of the FBO.

same guy/gal who pulls their little gas commuter car up to the only fuel pump that has diesel (while the other 6 gas only pumps are empty) and fills up, puts on makeup, catches up on email, goes into store to buy coffee ....

I hate that. I'll usually put my truck about 1/16" from their car and flip the switch to turn my high idle on. It revs up to 1200 RPM and gets kind of loud. It creates a bit of urgency that they usually respond to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One time the med crew was loading a patient on the plane. I did my walk around, then climbed aboard and closed up the plane. I turned on the master which also turns on the nav lights. I flip on the beacon and the mags, then start the right engine. As soon as the engine fired off, a crew van pulls up and parks in front of the plane.

The plane was parked next to the gate that leads into the FBO, which is the normal parking spot for air ambulance planes at this airport.

The passenger opens the door as I start the left engine and immediately bring the power to both engines up to about 1800 RPM.

The passenger jumped back in and slammed the door as I put the right wing tip within a foot of the van.

The driver finally figured out I wanted to leave and got back in the van and moved it. In a real hurry....

The guy that for the life of him, can't return a shopping cart to the racks in the parking lot!
May be the same guy that doesn't understand the parking lots have directional flows to them, he never figures out why all the parking spots are going the opposite way from the way he is traveling!

Just an hour ago That Guy just made a left turn from a no left turn lane and nearly took out the guy turning left from the left turn lane, and me on my bike.

That Guy that sees the 'left lane closed in one mile' sign then proceeds to stay in the left lane until he is practically running into the barricades so he can get in front of you.

That guy in front of me who stops three car lengths behind the car in front of him at the red light and then fails to make the light when it turns green.

Cheers

That guy that stops at the light three car lengths back and blocks you from the turn lane and then is oblivious to you trying to get around him.

That guy that stops at the light three car lengths back and blocks you from the turn lane and then is oblivious to you trying to get around him.
Or gets p***ed off when you honk at him to move forward.

Isn't that what the cell-phone-pick-up-zone is for?

No it's not. At least not at the airports I am familiar with.
There is limited terminal curbside cell phone pick up zone space, and it is supposed to be immediate pick-up. Your passengers are supposed to be waiting curbside with their luggage, ready to go. The off-terminal holding area is where you get to park and wait for their call.

Few things **** me off more than my wife calling after she has her luggage and I come around to find the zone blocked by cars with drivers who think it's a place to pick up lengthy cell phone calls instead of passengers apparently. The problem at my airport is unless the airport management call in the city police there's no enforcement.

Then again, it's just one more commercial air travel aggravation to be avoided by using your own plane. :cool:

Last edited:
That guy who pulls out in front of you and then drives below the speed limit.

Sounds like he gets around, since all of you know him too.
And when s/he sees a traffic light turn to yellow, accelerate through the intersection just after the light turns to red.

And when s/he sees a traffic light turn to yellow, accelerate through the intersection just after the light turns to red.
Ha! That actually happened one day last week. I got behind a guy who was driving well under the speed limit and as we approached the intersection, the light turned yellow and he sped up really quick to get thru the light. He wasn't in a hurry until he saw the light change.

I had a guy tailgating me as a light turned yellow. No way I could make the light so I stopped. As soon I touched the brakes, the guy pulls over into the next lane and floors it. He runs the red light and broadsides another car right in front of a cop.

That guy who loitered in the left land of I-65 and I-85 today in his Penske moving van. He clogged up traffic all the way from Montgomery to just South of Atlanta.

I just hope this isn't the same arsehole that gets it my car and turns the radio wide open. I've had enough of him.

That guy that drives the wrong way at Sams Club gas pumps. When you see arrows going one direction only and wrong way signs you drive past..umm hello!!

Last edited:
. . . who drives twelve miles with their right turn signal on, then suddenly slams on brakes and turns LEFT, with the right signal still blinking.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

People who don't turn right on red even though there's no "No turn on red" sign.

The guy that passes you then cuts you off in order to make the next exit off the freeway.
And there's tons of space behind you he could have used...

Almost daily, I see people make turns from the wrong lane (left turns from right lane or right turns from left lane), or cross lanes to make an exit at the last second. Seems to be a Nebraska thing as I do see it in other states, but not the extent I do here. A few years ago, some fool made a last-second right turn from the left lane right in front of me and I t-boned him.

The guy that has a loaded grocery cart, one check stand open, you have two items, and does not offer to let you go first.

Back