Tattoos

tattooed person = I can safely assume you went to some place and had ink injected into your skin for some reason and most people just ignore them. Maybe a wanna-be.

scars = Maybe you were in a war, accident, or something else horrific. People are drawn to the unknown. They want to know the story behind them. The bigger the scar, the more difficult survival has been.

Just wear scars. Much more pain, anguish, highly visible and meaningful than tattoos.

Or badges of stupidity. My most visible one is from a dog and it was my fault. Most people can't spot it. I know right where it is. ;)

Just wear scars. Much more pain, anguish, highly visible and meaningful than tattoos.

Some tattoos are visible links to emotional scars that would otherwise go unseen. Then some are from people just being stupid. I think it boils down to a personal thing. I don't have one, my wife has a little four leaf clover she got in high school. Two of the most successful guys I know have tattoos, but they are not visible unless your at the pool. I've gotten to the point where I don't judge a person based on tattoos, then again, I am in Austin and am constantly surrounded by them.

It's amazing the things you learn on POA. It seems that all people with tattoos are searching for jobs and folks without are all hiring managers. :goofy:
I was hired by someone with a tattoo. :goofy:

And he wasn't a "young" by any stretch of the imagination. Even then.

I was hired by someone with a tattoo. :goofy:

And he wasn't a "young" by any stretch of the imagination. Even then.

I know a senior level manager at a fortune 500 company and a director of a company that owns a website that most folks here probably visit daily if not more. Both have tats that are very visible, even in business casual clothing. They'd probably pass on hiring the Ward Cleaver types. Seems that being clean cut is all those folks have going for them :rofl:

tattooed person = I can safely assume you went to some place and had ink injected into your skin for some reason and most people just ignore them. Maybe a wanna-be.

scars = Maybe you were in a war, accident, or something else horrific. People are drawn to the unknown. They want to know the story behind them. The bigger the scar, the more difficult survival has been.

A dude in Newport Beach down the peninsula from me had a big chalk board out front stating, "Pain is only temporary, Blood washes off, & Chicks dig scars."

I will add to my previous post.......

Tattoos are DISGUSTING.....

When I meet a gal for the first time I look them over,.... REAL close.. If there is a tat... she is history.... Is she smokes.. she is history.. If she chews tobacco.. she is history......

I don't care if she is the hottest looking thing on the planet and she can suck a golf ball through a garden hose... She is HISTORY in my book......

IMHO....................

Psssst. Send her me way will ya? ;)

Look at it this way, David:

In today's world, it would be illegal for us to mandate that stupid people mark themselves with permanent ink. Luckily, for us, they willingly do it, of their own free will -- making it SO much easier to spot and avoid them.
Oh lord... Why so judgmental? People are people and some like different things. We could just all get gov'mnt issued uniforms and get our hair cut the same way so nobody can be different. Would that be closer to the type you would like to hang with?

What's the attraction? A whole group of my friends my age from Texas went to get them today, and I just don't get it. Why the hell would you get something that will stay on your body forever when you are 19? I have no idea what I want in life, but I do know I don't want something that could potentially jeapardize future employment opportunities because its what all the cool kids are doing. Perhaps they are just more leveled out than me, but I know I don't want one. I think it's just a fad that will die out.

On top of that, my parents would literally kill me, but that's not what keeps me from doing it.
Choices.... and you have the freedom to choose not to get one. Simple as that. Loads of things that I think are "odd" for others and would not do, but hey live the life you want.
I personally have worked with many great people in professional jobs with tattoos and they are great at what they do. I fly with a fella right now who is an ex hornet driver and flys for JB in the 319 with a full sleeve tattoo. Looks like he has made some good decisions.

I have tatttoo's. my bad judgement got me retired before 40, 2 paid off houses in Camarillo, and a ton of toys. I know, hard to believe.
Crazy huh! :)

Daughter #2 volunteers in food ministry for kidney disease patients in Dallas. The treatment center told them that ~half the patients contracted the disease from tat process.

Daughter #2 volunteers in food ministry for kidney disease patients in Dallas. The treatment center told them that ~half the patients contracted the disease from tat process.

Lots of bad ways to get a tat, plenty of good too.

No ink for me, I'm too indecisive. I am also not one for the "just cuz" but could see myself getting one with meaning.

Boy do they change with time though, my grandfather had one from his time in the Marine Corps in WWII, it ended up looking like a nasty bruise!

The only members of my family to ever get tattoos were forced to do so, with the ink assisting the tattooers to systematically murder them. I'll be thrice damned before I ever let one of those stinking needles touch me. The big guy had the right idea when he forbade them to the chosen.

...giving voice to that which I was thinking...

I have tatttoo's. my bad judgement got me retired before 40, 2 paid off houses in Camarillo, and a ton of toys. I know, hard to believe.

Ditto. Except my houses are in Encino & Stockholm.

I don't have any tattoos. I think my life has gone pretty darn well for the most part in spite of that. I wonder if I had gotten a few tattoos if it would not have gone better for me?

My military experience would not have been so successful if I had even one tattoo, but what about after that?

The reason I'm wondering is because I only own one house in the wooded area of Point Loma in San Diego.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wooded_Area,_San_Diego

-John

Last edited:
Well I guess I should feel ashamed for having both arms covered from elbow up. I have had them for over 20 years (before it was fashionable) with no regrets. :rolleyes:

This thread wasn't to bash tattoos, it was mostly intended to prod into why people do it? It seems like most people these days get one on an impulse, and if I was to ever get one it would be something I had thought about for a LONGGGG time.

That being said, sometimes tattoos on a girl make her incredibly sexy.

:rolleyes: :D

Is there anything funnier than anonymous "People of Ink" bragging about their life success?

Only on the internet!

Not bragging, just don't think it's fair to say because I chose to get ink I will never amount to anything. If you want to see me in the flesh I will be at the KCMA airshow next weekend, many there can and will tell you it's fact what I have not bragging. I worked my but off to get what I have and provide for my wife and 3 girls.

The only thing tattoos are good for is so the medical examiner can make a positive ID on a body...:redface:;)

The only thing tattoos are good for is so the medical examiner can make a positive ID on a body...:redface:;)

They also provide income for the "artist." Note that the "artist" may be otherwise unemployable for various reasons.

On a similar note, folks with medical issues or needs getting a tattoo in place of a notification bracelet...

Tattoos are DISGUSTING.....
When I meet a gal for the first time I look them over,.... REAL close.. If there is a tat... she is history....
I don't care if she is the hottest looking thing on the planet and she can suck a golf ball through a garden hose... She is HISTORY in my book......
This sums up well my feelings.
A tattoo on an otherwise attractive girl makes me nauseating, I almost feel as much sorry for her as if she had some disfiguring deformity.

Not bragging, just don't think it's fair to say because I chose to get ink I will never amount to anything. If you want to see me in the flesh I will be at the KCMA airshow next weekend, many there can and will tell you it's fact what I have not bragging. I worked my but off to get what I have and provide for my wife and 3 girls.

Do you have any face tattoos ?

This sums up well my feelings.
A tattoo on an otherwise attractive girl makes me nauseating, I almost feel as much sorry for her as if she had some disfiguring deformity.

Thats how I feel.

Nope. In fact with my t shirt on you would never know I had any.

The comment earlier was that anyone with a face tattoo would never amount to anything. Outside of show-business, I believe that that is probably true.

There are some uptight sumbitches here. Tattoos are not a fad - unless you've had your head up your ass for 20-30 years. It takes all kinds in this world. Don't like em, then don't get em. But they are as commonplace as Harleys for bankers, and there ain't nothin wrong with it.

There are some uptight sumbitches here. Tattoos are not a fad - unless you've had your head up your ass for 20-30 years. It takes all kinds in this world. Don't like em, then don't get em. But they are as commonplace as Harleys for bankers, and there ain't nothin wrong with it.

Never said there was anything wrong with tattoos. In fact, as stated, I find them to be incredibly useful.

Are all those who disagree with the idea of tattoos, are they all "uptight sumbitches"? Does this mean that in order to be cool it is imperative to have a tattoo, or run the risk of being labeled an "uptight sumbitch"?

-John

Back