Tammie Jo Shults

I would agree with that too, but the stalker comment was phrased as a question, not a direct personal attack as we define it in the ROC (this is my opinion, not necessarily that of the entire MC). There was no question about the moron comment.
When did you stop beating your wife? That's also a question with a clearly inferred meaning. The stalker comment was clearly out of line. Funny how that's acceptable but the response isn't. The quote, "Stalker? You, not her call sign" was pretty clear. From a friend of mine, I'd find it humorous. To someone announcing "New here ... Any help will be appreciated", it's the very definition of an obnoxious comment. Given that this is the internet, his response was pretty civil.

I think people should be coming down on JCranford for his crass and obnoxious comment. Heck, it was the FIRST response to the guys question. And JCraffors's response ... "Hey, youre the one who came in here asking for information about a female you don't know. Sounds like a stalker to me." So, to clarify, it wasn't a question it was an insult to someone new, the very first response to the post, for simply asking if anyone knew the call sign of a now semi-famous pilot who's been in the news quite a bit. Welcome to frigging POA.

Disappointing how uncivil this group can be. I'm as big of an ass as anyone, but I don't mind being called on it and even apologizing (who hasn't typed something after a few beers that they should have kept to themselves), but surprising to me to see quite a few regulars thinks such an attack is ok.

When did you stop beating your wife? That's also a question with a clearly inferred meaning. The stalker comment was clearly out of line. Funny how that's acceptable but the response isn't. The quote, "Stalker? You, not her call sign" was pretty clear. From a friend of mine, I'd find it humorous. To someone announcing "New here ... Any help will be appreciated", it's the very definition of an obnoxious comment. Given that this is the internet, his response was pretty civil.

I think people should be coming down on JCranford for his crass and obnoxious comment. Heck, it was the FIRST response to the guys question. And JCraffors's response ... "Hey, youre the one who came in here asking for information about a female you don't know. Sounds like a stalker to me." So, to clarify, it wasn't a question it was an insult to someone new, the very first response to the post, for simply asking if anyone knew the call sign of a now semi-famous pilot who's been in the news quite a bit. Welcome to frigging POA.

Disappointing how uncivil this group can be. I'm as big of an ass as anyone, but I don't mind being called on it and even apologizing (who hasn't typed something after a few beers that they should have kept to themselves), but surprising to me to see quite a few regulars thinks such an attack is ok.
Folks can state their opinion which is very different from asking if someone has stopped beating their wife. It is really that simple.

Lighten up Francis

Take this c r a p to Pilotspin.com. We'll be happy to kick the snot out of you there.
Based on your comment, you sound too ignorant to hold a civil discussion like these two men were having. Therefore you're unworthy of my time and energy, here or elsewhere.
Thanks for the invitation, but I'll pass.

Based on your comment, you sound too ignorant to hold a civil discussion like these two men were having. Therefore you're unworthy of my time and energy, here or elsewhere.
Thanks for the invitation, but I'll pass.

If people start to trade insults on here we will close this thread.

Why is it that anytime that the percentage of a demographic in an activity or career field does not equal the percentage of that same demographic in the general population do people assume that there is a problem?

Because you cannot be competitive as a nation when you only employ half your workforce.

I work in probably the most lopsided industry in the U.S. (software engineering) where at the college level participation rates is 17% in the U.S. and it drops steadily upwards. When it comes to senior level engineers the participation rate drops to < 5%. When it comes to fellow level... well, it's so little that I can say I've never met a fellow-level female software engineer in person. I've gone years without there being even a single women in a meeting.

That's the U.S... now go to India. Night and day difference. Female engineers in the workforce are closer to 30%. I've been in many meetings in India where the female engineering rate is over 50% and the participation rate is by far higher than the U.S. Female engineers in the U.S. are often relegated to secretarial tasks and "note-taking". Not so in India. Everybody participates.

The job growth every year far outgrows the number of graduates, so if we keep only hiring a portion of the population, eventually we'll price ourselves so far out of reach that startups will just stagnate. And all new innovations will come from other countries where they do have a larger pool of applicants to draw from.

If this demographic was world-wide I'd say it's maybe a gender thing. But it's not. Countries like India, China, Denmark and Malaysia have a far higher female participation rate than the U.S.

Opportunities are not enough. You also need to inspire.

I have 2 really good insults that I will trade someone for 4 mediocre insults.....:rolleyes: :lol::lol:
Your mother dresses you funnily
If yer IQ was any lower you’d need a stair climber to get on the short bus
‘Change your underwear’ does not mean with your sister
Life has a fast lane but you are stuck on the walking path

^^ like the above bug when Tapatalk loses cellular connectivity. There’s something to aspire to fix as a career. LOL.

Because you cannot be competitive as a nation when you only employ half your workforce.

... U.S. Female engineers in the U.S. are often relegated to secretarial tasks and "note-taking".
I don't know where you've been working, but in the place I spend my days this is absolutely not the case. But to a very large extent, they are, uh, imported.

People (of any of the multitude of genders) are not entering CS programs in the US because the half-life of an IT career is really short, and you are always being undercut by cheaper labor.

Back