(Student pilot)Past dui not disclosed. Revocation faa!

Objectively, I think that one page handout would be better served coming from AOPA than the FAA itself. I'm trying to imagine FAA attorneys signing off on something along the lines of "Got bi-polar? Go Sport Pilot!"
This.
What's possible under the regs and what the FAA would advise are orthogonal. The FAA's job is to look after the system, not advise the best course of action for individuals.

This.
What's possible under the regs and what the FAA would advise are orthogonal. The FAA's job is to look after the system, not advise the best course of action for individuals.

True, but could they not at least include something like, "Applicants should be aware that if they are denied a medical certificate they will no longer be eligible to fly under Sport Pilot rules," or similar?

There's a difference between warning about consequences and advising a course of action.

One step at a time. To quote Henry VI, part 2, act iv, scene 2, "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
I'm sure all the lawyers here appreciate the complement. As usual, context is king. I've read the scene and, of course, the play immediately after saying that, the conspirators do kill someone. Not a lawyer but the Clerk of Chatham. His offense - being able to read and write. He was taken by the conspirators when he was giving his students homework and claimed that education is a good thing. So, of course he had to be hanged.

True, but could they not at least include something like, "Applicants should be aware that if they are denied a medical certificate they will no longer be eligible to fly under Sport Pilot rules," or similar?

There's a difference between warning about consequences and advising a course of action.
Agreed. It's really about the importance of truthful answers and the potential consequences. That global. Advising a specific course of action is not.

I'm sure all the lawyers here appreciate the complement. As usual, context is king. I've read the scene and, of course, the play immediately after saying that, the conspirators do kill someone. Not a lawyer but the Clerk of Chatham. His offense - being able to read and write. He was taken by the conspirators when he was giving his students homework and claimed that education is a good thing. So, of course he had to be hanged.

Yes, I know the context. But I still like the line, and it seems to reflect a rather popular sentiment. ;)

Yes, a very common sentiment among those trying to get away with something.;)

LOL! Yeah, probably true sometimes.

But not always. I'm not trying to get away with anything. Nevertheless, I'd like to serve a lawyer a cup of hemlock tea every time I...
  • load new software and have to agree to a mile-long list of terms & conditions
  • visit a doctor's office and have to fill out a stack of forms
  • receive an indecipherable insurance policy
  • wade through the paperwork to purchase a new car
... and the list goes on and on and on.

The reply to the "kill the lawyers" line in Henry VI makes the point better than I can: "Nay, that I mean to do. Is not this a lamentable thing, that of the skin of an innocent lamb should be made parchment, that parchment, being scribbl'd o'er, should undo a man? Some say the bee stings; but I say 'tis the bee's wax, for I did but seal once to a thing, and I was never mine own man since."

And nothing much has changed since the 1500s. The beeswax still stings worse than the bee.

:D

Lying on a MedXPress form is like lying to this guy. Sooner or later their gonna figure it out so it’s best to fess up now!
787B352D-6DFF-4008-AE0F-45EA44B900D3.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back