Stock Market Sell off

I heard talk of a potential 700-point drop on the Dow. I'd think it would be a short-term reaction and rebound somewhat pretty quickly....might be an opportunity to realize a short-term gain! To buy more 100LL, of course. :):)

That's great! It starts with an earthquake,
Birds and snakes, an aeroplane.
Lenny Bruce is not afraid.

Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn.
World serves its own needs, dummy, serve your own needs.
Feed it off an aux speak, grunt, no strength.
The ladder starts to clatter with fear fight, down, height.
Wire in a fire, representing seven games
In a government for hire and a combat site.
Left of west and coming in a hurry
With the furies breathing down your neck

Team by team reporters baffled, trumped, tethered, cropped.
Look at that low playing! Fine, then.
Uh oh, overflow, population, common group
But it'll do. Save yourself, serve yourself.
World serves its own needs, listen to your heart bleed,
Dummy, with the rapture and the rev-'rent and the right, right.
You vitriolic, patriotic, slam, fight, bright light
Feeling pretty psyched.

It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.

Six o'clock - TV hour.
Don't get caught in foreign towers.
Slash and burn, return.
Listen to yourself churn.
Locking in uniforming, book burning, bloodletting.
Every motive escalate, automotive incinerate.
Light a candle, light a motive.
Step down, step down.
Watch your heel crush, crushed.
Uh oh, this means no fear, cavalier.
Renegade steer clear!
A tournament, a tournament,
A tournament of lies.
Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives
And I decline.

It's the end of the world as we know it
It's the end of the world as we know it (I had some time alone)
It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine (It's time I had some time alone)
I feel fine

It's the end of the world as we know it (It's time I had some time alone)
It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine (It's time I had some time alone)

The other night I dreamt of knives.
Continental drift divide.
Mountains sit in a line.
Leonard Bernstein, Leonid Brezhnev,
Lenny Bruce, and Lester Bangs
Birthday party, cheesecake, jelly beans, boom!
You symbiotic, patriotic, slam book neck, right? Right.

I predict that if Trump wins, the bear will eat us all in the market.....but we will certainly have many other things to worry about. <sigh>

So what to do...the market crashes, which tells me to take a big chunk of my liquidity and invest while it's down. But with all the crazy uncertainty, perhaps I'd rather just have all that money in a safer place.

Ugh.

So what? They are just selling off their shares in useless **** to buy all the shares they can in gun makers.

I'm going to do the same thing if she manages to win somehow.

No one likes to see their portfolio shrink, least of all me.

On the other hand, good companies are still good companies, which presents an investor with buying opportunities. And astute investors will seek investment opportunities among companies that can profit from a President Trump, or from price movements in currencies and commodities.

Perfect. Just bought back my short /ES contracts. Gotta love making a small fortune while watching an election. Go Trump!!

Report back here if you make some money. If I lose, I probably won't bother posting. :rolleyes:

Meh. A modest drop considering the magnitude of the surprise.

Rich

"Hey, we're losing all our damn money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip! And my wife ain't gonna f... my wife ain't gonna make love to me if I got no money!" So they're panicking right now, they're screaming "SELL! SELL!" to get out before the price keeps dropping. They're panicking out there right now, I can feel it.

"Hey, we're losing all our damn money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip! And my wife ain't gonna f... my wife ain't gonna make love to me if I got no money!" So they're panicking right now, they're screaming "SELL! SELL!" to get out before the price keeps dropping. They're panicking out there right now, I can feel it.

Those poeple control maybe .00000000001% of the market. (Yes, overstating).

But it's the institutional traders that drive the market...

Welcome to a brave new world folks! Market woulda tanked for a few days regardless who won. Half the people in 'merica were gonna be po'd either way. Im just pizzed that my guns arent worth double this morning. I was ready to make some airplane buying money selling a few rifles! Aww well, I guess I'll keep em.

I have a job offer in Dubai. I laughed at it on Friday. I'm taking a second look today! ;)

futures down "only" 211

This is (well, one reason) why I'll never be wealthy - even when I know that now is the time to get in big, I'm too chickens*** to pull the trigger.

The market always dips after an election. If you remember in 2008 when Obama got elected for the first term, the S&P fell over 5%. It's nothing new, just the media blowing up as usual. Sure there is a lot of uncertainty, but it isn't necessarily anything we haven't seen before.

Those poeple control maybe .00000000001% of the market. (Yes, overstating).

But it's the institutional traders that drive the market...
That quote was referring to that. It's a line, early on, from Trading Places.

I just bought some land, have enough in the market anyway.

My equities are mainly up or flat so far this morning, with the exception of a China large-cap ETF that's down ~ 2 percent. But it was up by about that much yesterday, so it's about where it had been on Monday.

Rich

Got the market by the shorts this morning. It's a good day..
Learn and earn with churn.

I'm putting everything I have in frozen concentrated orange juice futures.

Nauga,
who bruises on the inside

DJ Futures don't mean squat. They were at -700 last night, but DJ slightly up earlier this morning and even right now.

I predict that if Trump wins, the bear will eat us all in the market.....but we will certainly have many other things to worry about. <sigh>
Historically, Markets don't transition from Bull/Bear or vice versa based on events like elections. There are typically 'corrections' as fickle investors get spooked, but those work themselves out in time.

Brexit was no different. Markets freaked out. The DOW experienced some bumps and then steadied out, recovered and the fickle investors reset and began to wait for the next thing to freak out about.

I don't think this election will be any different.

Don't get me wrong - The Bull WILL certainly end, I suspect within the next 6 months or so, but it won't have anything to do with who is in the White House. The only difference will be in which political party takes the bigger hit when it does end. Because the next crash is going to be painful. But the thing is the crash that is coming is already in the making.

Back