Star Trek

Kirk or Picard

• Total voters
You've got to admit, from a leadership standpoint, holding a crew together who knows their likelihood of going home before they die, is nil... would be a total beoootch.

Most would just call it a life and head for the mess hall and drink mass quantities of synthohol.

Report for duty? What you going to do? Toss us all out of the airlock?

In that situation if I were captain I would find the best earth like planet and colonize it. Damn the prime directive too.

Ah yes, Janeway. Well it was definitely cool to have a female captain, but I couldn't stand Voyager. Some of the worst episodes of Trek were in that series, and I can't think of a single one that stands out in my mind as actually good. (Lizards??? YGBFSM!!) That's probably why I forgot about her.
Come now, what the lizard/regression episode on VOY worse than TOS "Spock's Brain"?

Wait - yes it was. At least with Spock's Brain we got to see Nimoy trying to save a really bad script by good acting. There were no redeeming qualities of the lizard episode.

You've got to admit, from a leadership standpoint, holding a crew together who knows their likelihood of going home before they die, is nil... would be a total beoootch.
Not rare in history, though.

Magellan Circumnavigation: Five ships, 237 men departed. One ship, 18 men returned. 219 dead, including the Captain (as part of an Away Team :).
Drake Circumnavigation: Five ships, 164 men. One ship and 59 men returned. And one ship was ADDED during the voyage.
Anson Circumnavigation: Six ship, 1900 men departed. Anson returned with one ship and 188 men, though another 300 men made it home separately.

All three voyages included at least one mutiny. Almost all of the non-shipwreck casualties were due to disease. James Cook was the first to get a handle on that, forcing his men to eat sauerkraut against scurvy. While many of his men died of dysentery and malaria contracted along the way, he brought his ships back.

Oh, and he died on an Away Team, too.....

Ron "Mmmmm, roast Briton" Wanttaja

How about "Scorpion"? Where Species 8472, and Seven of Nine was first introduced?

Ahh. Seven of Nine...

That's Seven of Nine, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 01, to you, fella.

She could assimilate me any time.......

That's Seven of Nine, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 01

If you knew that without having to look that up I need to buy you a beer.

Then again, if you knew that without having to look it up you probably drink Tang instead ;).

Magellan Circumnavigation: Five ships, 237 men departed. One ship, 18 men returned. 219 dead, including the Captain (as part of an Away Team :).
Drake Circumnavigation: Five ships, 164 men. One ship and 59 men returned. And one ship was ADDED during the voyage.
Anson Circumnavigation: Six ship, 1900 men departed. Anson returned with one ship and 188 men, though another 300 men made it home separately.

All three voyages included at least one mutiny. Almost all of the non-shipwreck casualties were due to disease. James Cook was the first to get a handle on that, forcing his men to eat sauerkraut against scurvy. While many of his men died of dysentery and malaria contracted along the way, he brought his ships back.

Yeah, but that was back when captains wore red shirts. They changed to gold later.

If you knew that without having to look that up I need to buy you a beer.

Then again, if you knew that without having to look it up you probably drink Tang instead ;).

Beer it is! Tang is for Star Wars geeks.......

e335df352e4018cc7006f22cccd9221c.jpg Captain Kirk...The original still the best!

Kirk was lucky all the alien chicks were like, normal (hot) human alien chicks, with just a small difference, like the green hair pictured.

What if he tried to kiss them and their tongues were blades, and on their planet, they "lock blades"?

Also, "down there" could have been something completely different, like the alien chicks have wieners with fangs or something (can I say "wieners with fangs"? I'll have to refer to the code of conduct on here or whatever).

Again, I feel like Kirk was really lucky in his escapades. If I met an alien chick, I wouldn't discriminate, but I'd definitely ask some pointed questions early on in the relationship.

Remember when Riker feel in love with an Alien who mated with the husks of a corn-like plant?

7 of Nine, meaning 7 minutes before 9, or 8:53.

Gotta keep up.
Don't forget SixofOneHalfaDozenofAnother

Hot-Future-Babe-017.jpg

OK, OK...

I'll admit that there are two things that redeem STTNG:

I don't think the world is ready for that.

In The Kingdom of Ice was an interesting read...

Back