Star Trek

Kirk or Picard

• Total voters

Jim Case

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
AceDolphinFlyer
Who here loves Star Trek? My dad and I just got done debating for half an hour on the phone who is a cooler captain, Kirk or Picard? I'm a big next gen guy, Picard gets my vote.

Picard should be my vote, being French and all, but James T Kirk is the main man. He hit more alien booty in more galaxies than any human could hope for. And never needed to see Bones for penicillin.

Warp speed Mr. Sulu! We got some ladies wating. (Well, Kirk did, Sulu had other interests)

And never needed to see Bones for penicillin.

I think Bones was secretly getting more booty with the nurses in sick bay, when Kirk was beaming down to the planet surface and fighting that big Yeti-looking monster, or yelling "Khaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!"

I mean, "Bones" is an action verb. :D

I think Bones was secretly getting more booty with the nurses in sick bay

Oh yeah, Nurse Chapel can get the job done!

latest

Kirk. Always Kirk. You don't see reboots with Picard, do you? Besides, Kirk died to save the Enterprise and a planet, and providing the answer to the Kobayashi Maru scenario. Picard didn't.

Kirk. Always Kirk. You don't see reboots with Picard, do you? Besides, Kirk died to save the Enterprise and a planet, and providing the answer to the Kobayashi Maru scenario. Picard didn't.
Fair enough though, I like Kirk too. But can you expect anybody to replicate Pattrick Stewart? ;)

The thing that always got me about the original Sta Trek series was that for an advanced civilization they sure did get in a lot of fistfights.
I notice this too. Fisticuffs apparently will always be the way real men fight.

It's difficult to compare them fairly, as they were made in different times. The original series was far less polished. But as characters go, the original cast was better.

Kirk will always be the original, and will always get my vote.

Picard. When I was in college, whenever one of my buddies would pull off an amazing feat, we'd call it "pulling a Picard Maneuver".

Last edited:
It's difficult to compare them fairly, as they were made in different times. The original series was far less polished. But as characters go, the original cast was better.

Nope. Capt. Christopher Pike was the original captain. Didn't last long though.

Kirk wasn't the original. Pike was.

And you call yourself a Trekkie? :)

Kirk was lucky all the alien chicks were like, normal (hot) human alien chicks, with just a small difference, like the green hair pictured.

What if he tried to kiss them and their tongues were blades, and on their planet, they "lock blades"?

Also, "down there" could have been something completely different, like the alien chicks have wieners with fangs or something (can I say "wieners with fangs"? I'll have to refer to the code of conduct on here or whatever).

Again, I feel like Kirk was really lucky in his escapades. If I met an alien chick, I wouldn't discriminate, but I'd definitely ask some pointed questions early on in the relationship.

Kirk was lucky all the alien chicks were like, normal (hot) human alien chicks, with just a small difference, like the green hair pictured.

What if he tried to kiss them and their tongues were blades, and on their planet, they "lock blades"?

Also, "down there" could have been something completely different, like the alien chicks have wieners with fangs or something (can I say "wieners with fangs"? I'll have to refer to the code of conduct on here or whatever).

Again, I feel like Kirk was really lucky in his escapades. If I met an alien chick, I wouldn't discriminate, but I'd definitely ask some pointed questions early on in the relationship.

Wonder if "Bones" had a secret cure for alien clap..???

Kirk wasn't the original. Pike was.

And you call yourself a Trekkie? :)

Then you aren't a Trekkie either. Robert April was the original, because The Animated Series is considered cannon now.

I'd go with either one as long as I wasn't the unknown guy wearing a red shirt on an away team.

This thread is about like listening to a gaggle of old men talk about their prostates, how modern the 50s were and who died recently at their retirement home.

Where's Captain Kirk?

Nauga,
because someone had to do it
It's funny, my parents are big into punk to rock, new wave, hip hop, and love spizz. They have like everything he's done. Spizzenergi, his early tapes as spizzoil, Althletico spizz 80, the spizzles. I'm not a punk rock guy, he's. Not for me, but I've heard that song many a time.

This thread is about like listening to a gaggle of old men talk about their prostates, how modern the 50s were and who died recently at their retirement home.
I'm 21 my man, I'm the op...:tongue:

Then you aren't a Trekkie either. Robert April was the original, because The Animated Series is considered cannon now.
I did not know about this, is it worth watching? Never Intrested me a whole lot.

Back