Sports license with dui

Ok maybe it's cause I've not been around alcohol abuse, but...

According to what OP says he hasn't had a DUI in over 5 years. Is it really so unlikely that he's moved on from that irresponsible behavior in that time? I have no idea, we only know what he tells us but we don't know that he's still... or really ever did have a problem with alcohol abuse. All that we know as fact is he made some poor choices in 2007/2010.

The FAA, his instructor, and the people in his life will know him and his situation and be in a position to do something about it. I doubt if a problem exists, that anything said on an internet forum will be listened to so why not at least be cordial?

Just throwin' it out there...

That's your opinion, what difference is it to you how he dies? I'd rather have him drunk in an airplane than a car, less chance of affecting me.

until he crashes into your house or kids school. i have no use for repeat DUI offenders.

Not judging the OP, but every repeat offender I've known/know was/is a hopeless case.

Alcohol seems to have claws that grip it's victims for life. Heroin, coke, all the others don't seem to be as bad as a hardened alcoholic.

Our nephew is a case in point. He cleaned himself up after about three DUI's, married and had a nice family and was running a business. Then one day out of the blue years later he got smashed, went to an ex-girlfriend's house and beat her up, and then had to cool his heels in prison for three years. Now he's out and I wouldn't trust him if he had a halo over his head. :(

Pappy Boyington would have no chance today.

And that's a good thing. He had a lousy life and died quite young. First things first. First this person needs to mature and quit drinking before he or she kills someone. An airplane is the last place he or she needs to be unless they can control themselves.

Not judging the OP, but every repeat offender I've known/know was/is a hopeless case.

Alcohol seems to have claws that grip it's victims for life. Heroin, coke, all the others don't seem to be as bad as a hardened alcoholic.

Our nephew is a case in point. He cleaned himself up after about three DUI's, married and had a nice family and was running a business. Then one day out of the blue years later he got smashed, went to an ex-girlfriend's house and beat her up, and then had to cool his heels in prison for three years. Now he's out and I wouldn't trust him if he had a halo over his head. :(

This one case is not the norm. Thousands upon thousands of people who have quit drinking and or drugging and gone on to very successful lives, including many many airline pilots, commercial pilots, company CEOs, doctors, on and on. Today, heroin and prescription drugs kill the majority of the younger people including gun deaths over drug sales. Baltimore usually has two or three gun deaths per night, drug related. The United states is much more lenient with repeat offenders that say European country's. In many, one DUI and your thru driving for good. Here one can pay off a judge and get as many as 6-10 DWIs.

Last edited:
And that's a good thing. He had a lousy life and died quite young. First things first. First this person needs to mature and quit drinking before he or she kills someone. An airplane is the last place he or she needs to be unless they can control themselves.

75 is "quite young?" :dunno:

Rich

This whole thread is off the deep end. Somehow now we equate the guy to beating his ex girlfriend and going to prison.

It's a freekin Private Pilot Certificate. He's not trying to command the first Mars landing.

Lighten up a bit.

This whole thread is off the deep end. Somehow now we equate the guy to beating his ex girlfriend and going to prison.

It's a freekin Private Pilot Certificate. He's not trying to command the first Mars landing.

Lighten up a bit.

Lighten up my azz. This clown has had three DWIs and wants a pilots license! I equate him with a drunk hitting someone head on in a car and killing or maiming them. He should not be driving or flying.

Lighten up my azz. This clown has had three DWIs and wants a pilots license! I equate him with a drunk hitting someone head on in a car and killing or maiming them. He should not be driving or flying.

I believe it was several years ago. If we were all held to the standard of perfection, many of us would not be flying today.

There no better high than learning to fly.

Start flying, you will not need another drink again. Everything else will be boring.

:)

Also, flying teaches you to make good decisions and to be aware of when you are making bad choices and change them. This will help you in your regular life to. Get started.

The United states is much more lenient with repeat offenders that say European country's. In many, one DUI and your thru driving for good. Here one can pay off a judge and get as many as 6-10 DWIs.

In many?
I can't think of any.

What is different in Europe is that you are way more likely to get caught and convicted than in the US (UK is an exception). DUI checkpoints are everywhere especially during holidays and weekends, and there is no legal loophole bs to get around them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back