Southeast PoA [Pre Xmas Burgers] - GMU

Training-wise: hasn’t started yet. Burger-wise: not sure yet....let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I️ thought she was training when we all met up at FQD....

Our 152 hit the 100 hr inspection mark and won't be in the shop until December 18th. I will still be coming, but driving like a peasant instead of flying.

Careful folks, flyin bailouts seem to be contagious

Hope I don't spread the sickness @eman1200. If any of you are on instagram, one of their controllers is on there with a pretty cool page. @airboss127. He takes a lot of good quality pictures of the planes coming in to GMU. I might check to see if he is working that day and let him know were coming.

Last edited:
Hope I don't spread the sickness @eman1200 If any of you are on instagram, one of their controllers is on there with a pretty cool page. @airboss127. He takes a lot of good quality pictures of the planes coming in to GMU. I might check to see if he is working that day and let him know were coming.

I’m not on instagram but the boss did take a pic of me coming into GMU one time, I’ll see if I️ can dig up the pic. Nothing exciting, just a boring squeaky main wheels landing in a Cherokee.

Our 152 hit the 100 hr inspection mark and won't be in the shop until December 18th. I will still be coming, but driving like a peasant instead of flying.

Your post confuses me. Are you saying that the plane has already reached the 100 hour mark but will not go into the shop until December 18? That’s 3 weeks away. Is the shop that backed up? Besides, if you are just renting it and not taking instruction, you don’t need to have the 100 hour done.

Besides, if you are just renting it and not taking instruction, you don’t need to have the 100 hour done.
Except most rental/ flightschool outfits ground their aircraft if the 100hr is overdue. No touchy until it’s completed, part 91 rental or not. :fingerwag:

Your post confuses me. Are you saying that the plane has already reached the 100 hour mark but will not go into the shop until December 18? That’s 3 weeks away. Is the shop that backed up? Besides, if you are just renting it and not taking instruction, you don’t need to have the 100 hour done.

Sorry for the confusion. The plane just reached the 100 hour mark and needs the inspection. Our shop at KCEU is booked up until Dec 18th so it will sit grounded by our club until then. It is actually at the 110 hour mark so they took the keys and locked them up.

I’m not on instagram but the boss did take a pic of me coming into GMU one time, I’ll see if I️ can dig up the pic. Nothing exciting, just a boring squeaky main wheels landing in a Cherokee.

Ooh hope you hadn't called in sick that day....

Sorry for the confusion. The plane just reached the 100 hour mark and needs the inspection. Our shop at KCEU is booked up until Dec 18th so it will sit grounded by our club until then. It is actually at the 110 hour mark so they took the keys and locked them up.

You may want to have your maintenance manager review the requirements for needing a 100 hr.

Many people remain confused about the rule.
That's true. But taking all rentals offline and ding 100 hour inspections is not necessarily the result of not understanding the rules.

One is simply efficiency. If the airplane is available for rent and for flight instruction, it's a hassle to try to set up and administer multiple dispatch procedures. Another common one is part regulatory and part operational. There are some 100-hour recurring ADs out there and some FBOs set up recurring 50 or 100 hour oil changes, particularly in these older rentals.

Many people remain confused about the rule.
So they may, but that’s how most operate.
That's true. But taking all rentals offline and ding 100 hour inspections is not necessarily the result of not understanding the rules.

One is simply efficiency. If the airplane is available for rent and for flight instruction, it's a hassle to try to set up and administer multiple dispatch procedures. Another common one is part regulatory and part operational. There are some 100-hour recurring ADs out there and some FBOs set up recurring 50 or 100 hour oil changes, particularly in these older rentals.
:yeahthat:

missed me as well...

but I can't make it. finish up a trip that day at 7pm.

Ok, I'm in with 90% certainty - will be VFR from KTTA (Sanford NC), leaving at 9:30. Weather permitting

I have an empty right seat.

Wish I could join y'all. My daughter and her family live in Greer, so I fly in and out of GMU regularly. I'd love to come in and meet some of you. Unfortunately, that is the weekend we are having both our daughters and their families at our house at the lake for family Christmas celebration, so I'll be hanging out here at Lake Oconee.

Took my written at USAeroflight at GMU and went over to the cafe to have a beer and a burger after. I spoke to the GM and told them we plan on coming that Saturday. Gave them 20 people as the number. If we have more than that he said to just call back and update him.

Took my written at USAeroflight at GMU and went over to the cafe to have a beer and a burger after. I spoke to the GM and told them we plan on coming that Saturday. Gave them 20 people as the number. If we have more than that he said to just call back and update him.

Not sure if you know this but the person who passed their written most recently buys lunch. It’s not my thing, it’s an age old tradition. I’m sure you understand that. It’s all about tradition.

Not sure if you know this but the person who passed their written most recently buys lunch. It’s not my thing, it’s an age old tradition. I’m sure you understand that. It’s all about tradition.

That's how I understand it, and I think it goes back to the Wright Brothers. :yes:

Sure. Just make sure as soon as I give them my card we all get out as quickly as possible :D

Just look for the playground. I think there's a 310 on static display there. ;) Or ask tower for directions.

Back