Southeast PoA GtG/MnG/Flyin anyone?

I will probably be in a white/blue cub. Shooting for 12:30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as of now we're planning on wheels up at noon, shouldn't take but 40 minutes. if we all had PoA tee shirts or hats we'd be easy to spot!

The Pig! Had the pleasure of meeting Grum.Man but missed an opportunity to meet Ren cause I didn't check my damn phone. The place was packed with rv's exactly as whifferdill stated it would be. Good times, great food. Quick vid of some tomfoolery.

Pik-n-Pig - 3/14/2015, mark it on the calendar!!

The Pig! Had the pleasure of meeting Grum.Man but missed an opportunity to meet Ren cause I didn't check my damn phone. The place was packed with rv's exactly as whifferdill stated it would be. Good times, great food. Quick vid of some tomfoolery.

Pik-n-Pig - 3/14/2015, mark it on the calendar!!

Video says it's private. Anyway nice to meet you too. Sorry I couldn't stay and chat longer. As you know my parents drove up to see me so I needed to spend some time with them. We will get a more organized meet together soon on a less busy day.

Made it down there with my instructor (intro to pilotage).

Some pretty birds on the field today.

aight Southeast PoAers, the new year (or technically the OLD year) is behind us. just figured I'd check in with y'all on this event. pretty much unanimous on 'springtime'.....I'm gonna throw a date out there and see if it sticks......how does Saturday March 14th sound? DST starts the week before, I don't 'think' any march madness is going on that Saturday but if we need a 'raindate' I think there are games the following weekend. I personally don't care about b-ball but I think some people might. we still have plenty of time but figured I'd check every couple of weeks until this gets going. thanks y'all.
'
Looks like I'm out - have to be underway on a ship in San Diego in mid-March.:mad2:

dang it! well, the pig aint goin nowhere so we'll hopefully have another run at it!

MARCH 14th at the PIG, y'all!

Been meaning to head over there. My club buddies have mentioned it a couple of times, so last saturday me and Cathy headed that way. I'm here to report, that's a testy little 2600' airport. Of the 4 airplanes in the pattern, I was the only one to land on the first try. Not because I'm any better a pilot. More likely because I luckily found a pause in the wierd winds. Everybody else needed at least one go-around... seems to be some funky wind flow because it was not more than a few Kts but one minute it was favoring 13 the next 31 and then 90 degree cross... you start with a head wind, and pick up a tailwind on short final... Geeze! One guy made 2 passes and then headed back to greensboro... LOL... Take-off was simply waiting for the windsock to fall flat and then getting outta there! I'd hate to try that with a 10 knot wind! Sporty!

Been meaning to head over there. My club buddies have mentioned it a couple of times, so last saturday me and Cathy headed that way. I'm here to report, that's a testy little 2600' airport. Of the 4 airplanes in the pattern, I was the only one to land on the first try. Not because I'm any better a pilot. More likely because I luckily found a pause in the wierd winds. Everybody else needed at least one go-around... seems to be some funky wind flow because it was not more than a few Kts but one minute it was favoring 13 the next 31 and then 90 degree cross... you start with a head wind, and pick up a tailwind on short final... Geeze! One guy made 2 passes and then headed back to greensboro... LOL... Take-off was simply waiting for the windsock to fall flat and then getting outta there! I'd hate to try that with a 10 knot wind! Sporty!

Well now that you're a pro you can show off your mad skills on March 14th. Honestly I've been there at least a half dozen times, I actually don't recall seeing a single go-around but u should def be prepared for one , especially like you said, if the winds kick up.

THE PIG, MARCH 14th!!

I flew in there this past Saturday with those nice crosswinds (My CFi agreed to let us a make training cross country with the wife & son coming along). It was definitely a little sporty with the crosswinds and gusts - but somehow I managed to get it down on the first approach - landed twice, but only one approach :)

Landed 13, took off 31 - due to the direct crosswinds...

Nice field - feels a lot roomier than my home drome..

Hope to make it on the 14th.

-Ray

Y'all know what today is, right? Nah, not Valentines Day......One month til The PIG!!!! Sooooeeeeyyyy!!!!

Yabba-Dabba-Do, just over 2 weeks til The Pig!

In preparation for going to The Pig on 3/14, I'm going to The Pig on 3/7. Cause that's how I roll.

So with just over a week to go, WHO'S IN?!? I'm not really planning anything other than to just be there. You can PM me if u don't want to announce your intentions for whatever reason, but I'd like to get an approximate headcount so I can give them a heads-up. Thanks!

Found out I have a Pi droid Derbyshire race with my grandson. Won't be there

Not sure if my CFI will sign off on a cross country for that day, but he may be up for lunch anyway. Count me as a maybe :)

In preparation for going to The Pig on 3/14, I'm going to The Pig on 3/7. Cause that's how I roll.

You still suck! I'll be flying west to San Diego tomorrow.

IF the ship pulls in earlier than planned next week, there is a chance I can make the 14th, but right now, not real promising.

I'll most likely be in greensboro on the 14th (Going to the ACC Tourney). I'm a "maybe"

So with just over a week to go, WHO'S IN?!? I'm not really planning anything other than to just be there. You can PM me if u don't want to announce your intentions for whatever reason, but I'd like to get an approximate headcount so I can give them a heads-up. Thanks!

What time are you going tomorrow? I may meet you there or meet in route and be your wingman ;-)

What time are you going tomorrow? I may meet you there or meet in route and be your wingman ;-)

We've got two planes going and we're planning on leaving somewhere between 11 and 12 from 8a6. Hope to see u there!

Found out I have a Pi droid Derbyshire race with my grandson. Won't be there

What the heck is that?

Sounds similar to something I like to tell my coworkers. "Sorry, I'm going to be sick next Thursday"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I get for typing on my phone. Supposed to be Pinewood Derby

awesome time at the Pig today. I mean, you know, if you like that sort of thing..........

awesome time at the Pig today. I mean, you know, if you like that sort of thing..........

Glad we could meet up today. Hope you found smooth air on the way home, I climbed up to 4500 for a more comfortable ride despite the head wind. Like the video too!

Hopefully the weather will be better than is currently forecast.

Last edited:
Between bad weather forecast and other things that have come up, I'm going to call no-go on this for me. If you're able to go, I hope y'all have a wonderful time.

Yeah, WX not looking good. Could potentially do Sunday. What say y'all?

Unfortunately I am out for Sunday. I have a checkout in a 172 for next weeks trip I told you about Eric.

Back