Southeast PoA GtG/MnG/Flyin anyone?

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
There's been a few posts about the Pik-n-Pig at 5NC3 as a potential southeast get together/meet-n-greet/fly-in. I spoke with the manager today about it and he's all for it! I'm happy to organize or co-organize or whatever. I guess the first step is, WHEN does anyone interested think would be a good time? I'll throw two potential options out there:

1) soon, like within the next couple of weeks

or

2) springtime, when it gets a little warmer out and a little more daylight

The manager actually said he could have some camping accommodations if people were interested, ie showers/bathrooms at a cost of about $15-20/day.

There are some other details we went over but we can get to that if/when we get some interest. Here are some quick links for y'all:

airnav:
http://airnav.com/airport/5NC3

aopa:
http://www.aopa.org/airports/5NC3

facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pik-N-Pig/64881958636

website (menu):
http://www.pik-n-pig.com/

You are supposed to call ahead of time for ribs (assuming we do this on a Saturday), I reckon we can work out those details here and I can place one large pre-order.

There is also a driving range type area if you want to hit some golf balls!

So, what does everyone think? I say let's DO IT!! (man, I'm hungry for some Pig now!)

All other thoughts/suggestions are welcome.

attachment.php

Well done, I'm in for a spring date (or even a winter date if we're around - we try to stay further south during the winter when we can).

Any Saturday in Dec is fine. Can't do in January.

Not interested in camping.

They do have a little driving ranger there - usually you need to bring a club - they have balls.

Thanks for the organizing!

I'm up for the spring,don't want to leave FLA in the winter.

3 for 3 for Spring so far.

**** One thing I forgot to mention, so I'll mention it now and probably several more times......you CANNOT pay by CARD there, CASH only if I recall. They do have an ATM there but last time we had trouble with it so best to bring some moolah with you. Although if PoA credit is good there, you can just put it on their tab :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: ****

Spring works for me ... although... today felt like spring. I escaped work early and did a little local flying right around sunset.

I'd be in. Sounds good.

I'm interested. I like spring better and would camp, if available. I'd have to rent (or bum a ride) so the sooner I know a date and can reserve the plane, the better. :)

I'm interested. I like spring better and would camp, if available. I'd have to rent (or bum a ride) so the sooner I know a date and can reserve the plane, the better. :)

Sounds good, KennyC. So far spring is the majority, however you are the first to express interest in camping. Let's see what then next couple of months gets us as far as interest.

I would be interested. Its a 400mi trek for me but that sounds fun. I'd probably want to go in the spring.

I might be up for it in the spring time. Weather is too iffy in the winter.

Sounds good, KennyC. So far spring is the majority, however you are the first to express interest in camping. Let's see what then next couple of months gets us as far as interest.

I'd be interested in the camping idea, but will just have to see how the schedule works out.

I would be interested. Its a 400mi trek for me but that sounds fun. I'd probably want to go in the spring.

I might be up for it in the spring time. Weather is too iffy in the winter.

I'd be interested in the camping idea, but will just have to see how the schedule works out.

Great, cool, and awesome! Clearly right now it's sounding like a unanimous 'springtime', but keep the rsvp's coming and I'll update this thread as any new news comes my way.

Count me in as well. i am available most weekends but the rest of December is pretty full with family events. It's only a 40 minute flight for me.

aight Southeast PoAers, the new year (or technically the OLD year) is behind us. just figured I'd check in with y'all on this event. pretty much unanimous on 'springtime'.....I'm gonna throw a date out there and see if it sticks......how does Saturday March 14th sound? DST starts the week before, I don't 'think' any march madness is going on that Saturday but if we need a 'raindate' I think there are games the following weekend. I personally don't care about b-ball but I think some people might. we still have plenty of time but figured I'd check every couple of weeks until this gets going. thanks y'all.

March 14th probably wouldn't work for me. Feb and March are stupid busy at work - during those months I do a shift schedule, 13 hour days, 65+ hour weeks, including weekends. But I'm just one person, pick a date that works for most people.

Although technically March 14th is still winter. ;)

I'm in. We have tickets for couple of games of the SEC tournament in Nashville so camping would be out for me. I'd be coming from Southern OH if anyone wanted to hitch a ride. Any weekend is fine usually.

aight Southeast PoAers, the new year (or technically the OLD year) is behind us. just figured I'd check in with y'all on this event. pretty much unanimous on 'springtime'.....I'm gonna throw a date out there and see if it sticks......how does Saturday March 14th sound? DST starts the week before, I don't 'think' any march madness is going on that Saturday but if we need a 'raindate' I think there are games the following weekend. I personally don't care about b-ball but I think some people might. we still have plenty of time but figured I'd check every couple of weeks until this gets going. thanks y'all.
I think that would work for me....provided I'm not on travel for work.

Fearless could fly the Waco if the weather was warm enuff
Should be. This particular airplane is okay (properly attired) down into the 30s. It is not drafty like a Stearman.

My only challenge is going to be that runway. 36' wide and visibility in the biplane isn't the greatest, but I'll try to get some practice in.

Depending on when you guys do this I might be able to go. Might make a weekend of it and visit Chris

I will try to make it whatever weekend it's scheduled. My in-laws live 10 miles from that strip, so it should also be an attractive trip for my wife to come along.

March 14th probably wouldn't work for me. Feb and March are stupid busy at work - during those months I do a shift schedule, 13 hour days, 65+ hour weeks, including weekends. But I'm just one person, pick a date that works for most people.

Although technically March 14th is still winter. ;)

I know what you mean, we probably work at the same place.

2 months and counting............THE PIG!!!!!

Was hoping to go and bring the family, but wife has plans for tomorrow. I guess I'll just flying whatever my CFI has in store for me

for real?

Yeah at least 15 planning a meet-up. Not a problem, just be aware of increased traffic, and the possibility of RV antics. I don't mean this in a bad way - I used to fly an RV.

2.5 hours from Dayton hmmm

About 2.5 hrs from Daytona Beach in the new Bo (after some transition training). I'm going to try to talk my wife into this, but we are probably going out of the country on our 25th anniversary the week of March 22nd.

I'm flying to Carthage tomorrow as well. Heading down with a couple guys in their RVs. Of course they will arrive about 10 minutes before my little Grumman. So if any of you POA guys see an Orange Grumman Yankee be sure to say hello.

Back