Southeast PoA GtG/MnG/Flyin anyone?

ugh, well, 1 day out and it's not looking good. sorry folks. lemme work on another date and we'll try this again. the pig aint goin anywhere.

I'm out even if the weather works. Just got off the ship and stopping in Phoenix for the night.

Whoops. Forgot all about this until now. I'm not sure I am capable of landing on that runway just yet. Just got into this SR22 and so far, it likes the longer runways. :(

Last time I was there a 20 came in with no problem but whenever u feel comfy, would be nice to meet u. And I didn't forget this GtG, just slammed at work and the wx's been kinda wacky.

Last time I was there a 20 came in with no problem but whenever u feel comfy, would be nice to meet u. And I didn't forget this GtG, just slammed at work and the wx's been kinda wacky.

I'll keep working on my shortfield landings. I could have landed the 182 in less than 1000 feet no problem. Right now, I am staying away from anything less than 4000 feet until I get the hang of it. :goofy: I did recently accomplish a landing in about 1500 feet but had a pretty strong headwind.

I'll keep working on my shortfield landings. I could have landed the 182 in less than 1000 feet no problem. Right now, I am staying away from anything less than 4000 feet until I get the hang of it. :goofy: I did recently accomplish a landing in about 1500 feet but had a pretty strong headwind.

That is similar to how I feel about the Waco right now. I only have 17 hrs in it so far and am alot more comfortable with wheel landings, but that airplane will easily eat up 2500' or more on a wheelie. I can land short 3-point no problem, but it is a bit squirrely due to the short coupled gear and I might be hard pressed finding that narrow runway.

I just need more time in the airplane, but my work/travel schedule had made that difficult.

Whereabouts in WV are you? Lots of fun places and great sights there.

Hi. So, um, how 'bout some bbq at the Pig y'all?

I'm gonna throw out a date, see if it sticks: Saturday 9/26.

And if for some reason you need extra motivation to go...........THEY HAVE SLAW.
I'll see if I can swing it. I've got tickets to Buddy Guy up here in Norfolk that night, but I might be able to make it work.

Won't fly in, but I can drive it. It's not my favorite BBQ but it's not a bad one either.

You can count me in for this and most other dates.

I was there last weekend, good showing of airplanes. Unfortunately I have a charity ride on the 26th so I can not make it. Keep posting though and I will make some other one. Headed down to Triple Tree next Saturday.

I am always up for an excuse to hit the Pig...
Hopefully I will have my new (to me) Comanche to fly :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm interested, but I'd like to stay in a hotel. airnav doesn't show much in the way of rental cars. Anyone else going that's staying in a hotel?

Can't do it. Will be busy that weekend selling DC-3 rides at KLZU.

I'm interested, but I'd like to stay in a hotel. airnav doesn't show much in the way of rental cars. Anyone else going that's staying in a hotel?

hhmm, I don't know the surrounding area at all, basically all I know is that the pig is in the middle of nowhere. it's not all that far from KSOP, lots of golf and whatnot, plenty of hotels near pinehurst but not too much near 5NC3.

Why? It's plenty long at 2,500'... :p

they did clear out the trees to the northwest of the field to allow for a nice long slow approach to 13 and easy departure on 31...

A friend of mine flew out of 5NC3 last weekend in a 2012 Piper Malibu Mirage. If it can make it I can't think of many planes that will not short of a jet. Preferred landing is a slight up hill grade on 13 with a clear departure on 31. Closest trees are probably 2,000 + feet from threshold and are only 25 feet or so above the threshold grade.

Your options for places to stay in Carthage are slim to none. Southern Pines KSOP has a ton of places to stay.

so, I do have a plane booked for Saturday, 12-6. could do the pig. OR, I could also hop in the lance and head to myrtle beach for the night. aahhh, the choices of a single dude with no responsibilities.......what to do?!?!

so, I do have a plane booked for Saturday, 12-6. could do the pig. OR, I could also hop in the lance and head to myrtle beach for the night. aahhh, the choices of a single dude with no responsibilities.......what to do?!?!

I feel your pain... Flew to Wilson Saturday just because I felt like it. Weather isn't looking very good for Saturday though.

I have plans to go fishing on the Chesapeake this Saturday, but right now it looks like weather will cancel that. If it's good enough here to go flying, count me in for a meet up Sat

Did they make the runway longer yet?

They have cleared out lots of trees. The approach is not really influenced by them any more.

If you are flying an SR22, its more than enough runway.

You could fly down to KLZU and ride on the DC-3.

www.ridethedc3.com :D

East coast weather looking ugly this weekend, particularly for biplane flying.

It had been gorgeous here in ATL the last week or so. Even a hint of early fall color. But clouds rolled in yesterday and it's overcast with low ceilings and mist today.

latest_MGM_vis.jpg

It had been gorgeous here in ATL the last week or so. Even a hint of early fall color. But clouds rolled in yesterday and it's overcast with low ceilings and mist today.
Last couple days have been nice here too.

Forecast here for Saturday is 90% chance of rain and winds up to 35 mph. If that forecast is even 50% accurate, Woody (my F-2) won't be leaving his cozy hangar.

Yup. Pretty lame. Now I might be forced to 'drive' somewhere, bleck!

Back