Someday

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
The thread about the flight of your dreams got me thinking. And just for the heck of it I plotted this trip out. It is across the country to meet some of the people from this board. I would hope to be able to let everyone know where I would be and when before hand. That way if there were others close to that airport then they could fly in and meet me there too.

So here it is, the locations are rough estimates, so I put the airport Identifier's by them. If anyone is along the route let me know.

I swear to it, someday I will make this trip!!

Rudy said:
The thread about the flight of your dreams got me thinking. And just for the heck of it I plotted this trip out. It is across the country to meet some of the people from this board. I would hope to be able to let everyone know where I would be and when before hand. That way if there were others close to that airport then they could fly in and meet me there too.

So here it is, the locations are rough estimates, so I put the airport Identifier's by them. If anyone is along the route let me know.

w00t! I made the list! Someday, I'll see you in Albuquerque.

Rudy said:

Rudy,

I hope you make it someday soon! We'll be sure to throw a big Midwest $100 burger feast for you. :yes:

Rudy, if you go that far, you might as well see Arizona...sedona, flagstaff, grand canyon.

flyingcheesehead said:
Rudy,

I hope you make it someday soon! We'll be sure to throw a big Midwest $100 burger feast for you. :yes:
Sounds like a plan!!

Michael said:
Rudy, if you go that far, you might as well see Arizona...sedona, flagstaff, grand canyon.
True, I didn't even think of that, I will modify my trip, and someday see you in Arizona!

Thanks

Last edited:
Rudy;

I would be honored to meet you at D74 I will bring the crab cakes and we will have a feast. Also I would be honored to be your copilot.

John

John J said:
Rudy;

I would be honored to meet you at D74 I will bring the crab cakes and we will have a feast. Also I would be honored to be your copilot.

John
John,
I would be honored to have you as my co-pilot. We will definitely plan on it when i make the trip!

Rudy said:
Sounds like a plan!!

True, I didn't even think of that, I will modify my trip, and someday see you in Arizona!

Thanks

Well heck, if you go that far, you might as well see California, at least Yosemite. :D

Rudy,

Nice trip.

Dave may chime in, but last time I was through Marfa, fuel was cheaper over at Alpine (pretty close by).

Henning said:
Well heck, if you go that far, you might as well see California, at least Yosemite. :D
Well, someone finally said it. That it was Henning does not surprise me in the least. Rudy, you need to hit at least 49 states. Tell you what, you whippersnapper you, I'll buy you a full tank if you make it out this far. :yes:

You're welcome to stop in here, and even a free night stay. Except, 9D9 isn't quite that far north in the state.

so whats the deal Rudy - what about Hawaii and Alaska?? I'll bet you could stretch a tank across the Pacific at least!!

:D

NickDBrennan said:
so whats the deal Rudy - what about Hawaii and Alaska?? I'll bet you could stretch a tank across the Pacific at least!!

He can land on Terminal Island, and Matson will load it on a ship for him, then they can set some planks across the top of the containers and...instant aircraft carrier. They should be able to get 35 kts of wind across the deck.

Richard said:
Well, someone finally said it. That it was Henning does not surprise me in the least. Rudy, you need to hit at least 49 states. Tell you what, you whippersnapper you, I'll buy you a full tank if you make it out this far. :yes:

Done!! I will hold you to it "694" will be thirsty if she makes it all the way to California!

Rudy said:
Done!! I will hold you to it "694" will be thirsty if she makes it all the way to California!
I wouldn't have said it if I didn't mean it. I like seeing people succeed.

Well, if you're already going as far as California...........

If you make it up here, I'll fill your tank AND buy you a King Crab dinner! :D:D

--Kath
(state #49)

kath said:
Well, if you're already going as far as California...........

If you make it up here, I'll fill your tank AND buy you a King Crab dinner! :D:D

--Kath
(state #49)
HAHA, I don't know for sure about that one!!!!

Come On Rudy no stops in Pennsylvania, The Cradle of Liberty, Cheese Steaks, Independence Hall, The Liberty Bell, Me, Bob Bruneau, Len Lenetti ( were has en been) Bob Ciotti, Gary Shelby, Jim Grattona. You need to stop at KLOM, I'll set the grill on fire and cook ya a mean burger or buy you a cheese steak. Good stop between 9D9 and D47 Ya can't skip Philly.

And you left out our corner of the country. Several board members in the great state of Washington. Come on up (middle of July through end of August, VFR the rest of the year can be catch as catch can).:D

AdamZ said:
Come On Rudy no stops in Pennsylvania, The Cradle of Liberty, Cheese Steaks, Independence Hall, The Liberty Bell, Me, Bob Bruneau, Len Lenetti ( were has en been) Bob Ciotti, Gary Shelby, Jim Grattona. You need to stop at KLOM, I'll set the grill on fire and cook ya a mean burger or buy you a cheese steak. Good stop between 9D9 and D47 Ya can't skip Philly.
Haha,
A quick adjustment and wa-lah!

Ghery said:
And you left out our corner of the country. Several board members in the great state of Washington. Come on up (middle of July through end of August, VFR the rest of the year can be catch as catch can).:D

Haha, i will try and draw it in. I don't wanna leave anyone out!

Last edited:
Rudy said:
Haha,
A quick adjustment and wa-lah!

How 'bout a trip through the Hudson VFR corridor and pick me up at HPN for a buzz? As they say, it's the highway of the NYC sky.

..and you have to at least talk to ONE disgruntled NY TRACON controller in your flying career.

Ghery said:
And you left out our corner of the country.
And the northwest is the best corner of the country as far as I'm concerned. :yes:

You also left out Colorado, Rocky Mountain High and all. Although Rocky Mountain High may not be such a good thing. :dunno:

Rudy said:

I'm close at CHA, only 44nm from RMG. If you do it, I'll fly down to RMG and buy you lunch at the Prop Stop!

Bill Jennings said:
I'm close at CHA, only 44nm from RMG. If you do it, I'll fly down to RMG and buy you lunch at the Prop Stop!

My 9A1 is only about 20 minutes from RMG. I'll join the group there!

That would be great if we had a get together at RMG, the reason I am stopping there is because I have a cousin that is moving there at the end of this month.
It is good to know all of you are around there because I might fly into there before I actually make my big trip.

Don Jones said:
How long did you say this trip was gonna take? Gonna be a busy trip, see ya then.
Don
Don,
I haven't really calculated it to the exact yet, but it is something like 40 or 50 hrs of flying. I would most likely take a month off and do it if I ever did.

Last edited:
Rudy said:
That would be great if we had a get together at RMG, the reason I am stopping there is because I have a cousin that is moving there at the end of this month.
It is good to know all of you are around there because I might fly into there before I actually make my big trip.

Don,
I haven't really calculated it to the exact yet, but it is something like 40 or 50 hrs of flying. I would most likely take a month off and do it if I ever did.

wow a month? alright then - lunch is on me when you come by here then.

Well since you're making it all the way to CA finally... I'll fly into PRB and meet ya. :)

Rudy, I just have to ask: what's up with that long slide over Lake Michigan. You'll be out of sight of land and the bonus of over c-c-cold water. Brrrr.

AirBaker said:
Well since you're making it all the way to CA finally... I'll fly into PRB and meet ya. :)
Should we tell him the on fld restaurant is probably better than any he has been to?

Last edited:
Richard said:
Rudy, I just have to ask: what's up with that long slide over Lake Michigan. You'll be out of sight of land and the bonus of over c-c-cold water. Brrrr.
Richard,
I thought about that, I wasn't planning on flying that exact route. I didn't wanna be over the cold water. hah. I just drew it like that!!

Rudy said:
Richard,
I thought about that, I wasn't planning on flying that exact route. I didn't wanna be over the cold water. hah. I just drew it like that!!

why not - the plane has a heater, right?

N2212R said:
You're welcome to stop in here, and even a free night stay. Except, 9D9 isn't quite that far north in the state.

I'm hurt you got on the list and I didn't! Oh well, who wants to Visit Detroit Metro anyway!

I'll just have to fly up there.

One thing on this flying odyssey that is missing is a stop at Oshkosh! Fun no matter what time of year you go.

Missa

Last edited:
Richard said:

Should we tell him the on fld restaurant is probably better than any he has been to?

I hate to say it, but I haven't been there yet. :( Maybe in a few weeks here?

Rudy said:
Richard,
That's what I thought.

Rudy, sounds like you can get most of the fuel and lunches donated,
when are ya leaving. Probably only need a couple of weeks to
get er done!
Don

SkyHog said:
w00t! I made the list! Someday, I'll see you in Albuquerque.

I knew, when I was in Scottsdale that there was someone I should contact upon reaching Albuquerque. And I thought it was Chip Gibbons. But when I passed through Albuquerque it was in the dark of the night. Driving down that long slope on I-40E Albuquerque is a sweeping panorama of city lights in the distance but it was a pain in the *$$ getting through some "in-town" areas when I stopped to refresh. I'd like to have seen it in daylight.
#1 = feeding man and machine in Winslow, AZ.
#2 = Where I'd been, and the next destination.
#3 = Speaking of *$$..............
#4 = On the road, again.............
#5 = Back in AZ, not far out of KFLG, with Warren

Hey, Chuck: You're right; there are only four spaces to add images but they "stack" OK when one restarts at the topside of the browse spaces.

HR

HR

Don Jones said:
Rudy, sounds like you can get most of the fuel and lunches donated,
when are ya leaving. Probably only need a couple of weeks to
get er done!
Don
I am completely surprised no one has yet brought up the subject of compensation. In fact, while my offer remains genuine, part of it was to see if it would spark a debate. No one yet has taken the bait....

Lawreston said:
I knew, when I was in Scottsdale that there was someone I should contact upon reaching Albuquerque. And I thought it was Chip Gibbons. But when I passed through Albuquerque it was in the dark of the night. Driving down that long slope on I-40E Albuquerque is a sweeping panorama of city lights in the distance but it was a pain in the *$$ getting through some "in-town" areas when I stopped to refresh. I'd like to have seen it in daylight.
#1 = feeding man and machine in Winslow, AZ.
#2 = Where I'd been, and the next destination.
#3 = Speaking of *$$..............
#4 = On the road, again.............
#5 = Back in AZ, not far out of KFLG, with Warren

Hey, Chuck: You're right; there are only four spaces to add images but they "stack" OK when one restarts at the topside of the browse spaces.

HR

HR
heh - yeah, you should have called me - middle of the night is my time - I'd have taken you to the Frontier to get some killer breakfast burritos!

Next time for sure!

Back