Someday

Rudy,

You work the Pacific Northwest into that route and we can just have another fly-in at W04 so Dave, Ghery and others from WA and the region can meet and visit with you during your tour.

Oh, and when you do, a load of fuel and food's taken care of by FAS.

Richard said:
I am completely surprised no one has yet brought up the subject of compensation. In fact, while my offer remains genuine, part of it was to see if it would spark a debate. No one yet has taken the bait....
Compensation? Rudy can accept all the free gas and lodging he's offered as long as he's not being paid to transport people or property (including airplanes). IOW you can't pay him to fly your airplane somewhere for your purpose, but you can pay him to fly his airplane for his purpose. (bait taken)

Don Jones said:
Rudy, sounds like you can get most of the fuel and lunches donated,
when are ya leaving. Probably only need a couple of weeks to
get er done!
Don
Don't know for sure Don.
I really posted this as kind of a dream, but everyone is so nice, i feel like I have to make the trip sometime.

Best,

lancefisher said:
Compensation? Rudy can accept all the free gas and lodging he's offered as long as he's not being paid to transport people or property (including airplanes). IOW you can't pay him to fly your airplane somewhere for your purpose, but you can pay him to fly his airplane for his purpose. (bait taken)
It was ruse. Given the perennial debate on the subject I thought there would be someone out there who would question the legality of Rudy accepting our offers.

Rudy said:
Don't know for sure Don.
I really posted this as kind of a dream, but everyone is so nice, i feel like I have to make the trip sometime.

Best,
Rudy, you MUST make this trip. Flying the ultimate cross country is one of those things every pilot must do before the by and by. Rest assured, we're here for you if only because we can live vicariously through your adventures.

Last edited:
Rudy. What is the deal you have left out S49 (Vale Or.) We came all the way to Gaston's to meet all of you and you are keeping your trip to the eastern states. We have some great flying out west. Don't overlook this part of the country. Or maybe next trip you could enclude us. I was just kidding Rudy that is a great trip you have planned. A long cross country will help your flying skills. Just don't get in a hurry weatherwise.:goofy:

Bob Bement said:
Rudy. What is the deal you have left out S49 (Vale Or.) We came all the way to Gaston's to meet all of you and you are keeping your trip to the eastern states. We have some great flying out west. Don't overlook this part of the country. Or maybe next trip you could enclude us. I was just kidding Rudy that is a great trip you have planned. A long cross country will help your flying skills. Just don't get in a hurry weatherwise.:goofy:
Yeah i know i had left it out. I will definitely come out that way sometime.

I hope to have a great trip, if i go, and i definitely won't push anything weatherwise at all.

Thanks,

Rudy;

You always have fuel food and a place to stretch out here on the Eastern Shore. I think your trip is so great and gosh please keep a diary so we can all read to enjoy your flying adventures.

John

John J said:
Rudy;

You always have fuel food and a place to stretch out here on the Eastern Shore. I think your trip is so great and gosh please keep a diary so we can all read to enjoy your flying adventures.

John
I hadn't really thought of keeping one! That would be great to be able to look back on the trip.
Thanks for the idea John, I will definitely keep a journal.

Sheesh. Who did I **** off on the board? I did an IA, SD, WY, MT, ID, WA, OR, CA, NV, AZ, UT, CO, NM, TX, OK, KS, IL trip in July and got none of these free offers.

You all suck! :D

N2212R said:
Sheesh. Who did I **** off on the board? I did an IA, SD, WY, MT, ID, WA, OR, CA, NV, AZ, UT, CO, NM, TX, OK, KS, IL trip in July and got none of these free offers.

Sorry, Ed. Fly on down to CHA and I'll buy you a tank of gas and the best BBQ in town.:)

N2212R said:

Sorry, Ed! But like when our oldest kid was younger and pulled the "You love (next youngest sibling) more than me!" our response was "Dang! You weren't supposed to know that!" ;)

N2212R said:

Well, did you stop? (sorry, it's the blonde in me)

Richard said:
Well, did you stop? (sorry, it's the blonde in me)

I got out of the plane in each of those states I mentioned.

Rudy, When you finally get out west on. the next big cross country, I would like to show you some real nice flying places. Idaho has some of the best places to fly. We could fly into Sulfur Creek lodge for breakfast. Then we could drop into Big Creek lodge for a look see. Big creek is at 5743 feet above sea level, and a beautiful grass striip 3550 long. So when you make the next trip keep this in mind.

Bob Bement said:
Rudy, When you finally get out west on. the next big cross country, I would like to show you some real nice flying places. Idaho has some of the best places to fly. We could fly into Sulfur Creek lodge for breakfast. Then we could drop into Big Creek lodge for a look see. Big creek is at 5743 feet above sea level, and a beautiful grass striip 3550 long. So when you make the next trip keep this in mind.
Ok, Thanks a lot for the information Bob. Sounds like some really neat places, I would love to do that sometime!!

Back