Solo on Tuesday!

It is super windy today - not sure if I will solo or not...I am supposed to fly at 4:30 this afternoon and so far the winds are pretty hefty - guess I will see what my CFI says. Of course the only day it is ever windy and it is on my solo day :oops:

I hate to say it, but you jinxed yourself. welcome to general aviation!

It is super windy today - not sure if I will solo or not...I am supposed to fly at 4:30 this afternoon and so far the winds are pretty hefty - guess I will see what my CFI says. Of course the only day it is ever windy and it is on my solo day :oops:
Mother Nature hates checkrides and solos.

I haven't finished this thread yet so I am hoping for you that the weather decided to cooperate.

Yea flight is cancelled - oh well hopefully Thursday - supposed to be windy all week, but Thursday is the one day with no wind advisory...so maybe I will luck out. This wind came out of nowhere!

I feel for you. I had my first solo on Mar 9th, and have not flown since due to winds and some travel by my CFI. Everytime she is in town the winds are 15g26, and when she leaves they are flat 5 right down the center.

I am starting to think the Universe is against me for some reason.

I feel for you. I had my first solo on Mar 9th, and have not flown since due to winds and some travel by my CFI. Everytime she is in town the winds are 15g26, and when she leaves they are flat 5 right down the center.

I am starting to think the Universe is against me for some reason.

hahaha - yea it is a bit odd since it is hardly ever windy like this

That stinks, I haven't gotten any indication from my CFI, but I was "hoping" for a solo this Friday. However, the winds have been steadily creeping up in the forecast at KLNK. Last I checked was 20mph, but straight down the runway at least.

Yea flight is cancelled - oh well hopefully Thursday - supposed to be windy all week, but Thursday is the one day with no wind advisory...so maybe I will luck out. This wind came out of nowhere!
Windy here all week as well. VERY windy, I mean 22G35, not good for a solo for sure.
Where you at? Your profile does not say.

Arizona - I fly out of Scottsdale KSDL

This is good prep for the checkride.
Man, those things get rescheduled...

Soloed yesterday! It went great! 3 take off and 3 landings...plane was very very floaty with just me so my landings weren't the best...they were all soft...but I kept going up and down up and down slightly...but overall they weren't bad. Instructor got an awesome video of me landing too.

He said I am the earliest student he has ever soloed at 13 hours! Earliest he has ever soloed someone was mid 20's, so I thought that was pretty cool.

I was really nervous at first, but once I got in the air it calmed my nerves.

Planning a flight to Prescott today with my instructor and going to fly there on Saturday! It will be my first "cross country" if you want to call it that.

That's awesome!
You gonna share the video with us?

Congrats! About the only thing in flying you can only do once.

Soloed yesterday! It went great! 3 take off and 3 landings...plane was very very floaty with just me so my landings weren't the best...they were all soft...but I kept going up and down up and down slightly...but overall they weren't bad. Instructor got an awesome video of me landing too.

He said I am the earliest student he has ever soloed at 13 hours! Earliest he has ever soloed someone was mid 20's, so I thought that was pretty cool.

I was really nervous at first, but once I got in the air it calmed my nerves.

Planning a flight to Prescott today with my instructor and going to fly there on Saturday! It will be my first "cross country" if you want to call it that.
A. Video or it didn't happen! :)
B. Solo in 13 hours? Oh boy, do not try to start a pizzing contest because it will never end here. :D
C. Congratulations
D. Congratulations!
E. Congratulations, PILOT!

Solo in 13 hours? Oh boy, do not try to start a pizzing contest because it will never end here. :D
!

Uh oh! I can smell a new thread brewing. "How many hours it take you to solo?"

I am hesitant to post the video on here because I know the legendary pilots of POA will find a way to rip it apart :p The landing was soft but man I was floating forever...

Awe!! c'mon. Let's see it!
Nobody is going to rip a solo video.

Now the youtube commenters are going to chop you to bits.
I learned that one.

Awe!! c'mon. Let's see it!
Nobody is going to rip a solo video.

Now the youtube commenters are going to chop you to bits.
I learned that one.
True, the comments here (whether positive or negative) will be from pilots.
Comments on YuBoob will be coming from retarded pimply 11-y/o's frustrated with life since GameSpy shut down and they can't fly a 747 in their FSX videogame into the tower anymore.
Ahem, but I digress. What Brah-yen said, YuBoob and FecesBook will be worse. :)

C'mon CC, post it! You owe us after all the warm fuzzies we've been giving you! :D

Lol maybe I will post it later! :D

Awesome! You're not the only one who had a bit of challenge trying to control the aircraft because 170-250 pounds of meatbag wasn't next to you.

If you had that much fun soloing in the pattern, you're really going yto get a kick out of the solo cross country. For me, it was a real thrill because I finally got the feeling I was travelling somewhere, in an airplane, that I myself was flying an not a passenger.

I too hope you post some photos and/or video.

Did not read all the posts, so forgive me... But..

How can an instructor possibly predict a future solo? It's Impossible.

Thanks guys! I will post a few pics and maybe the video later today. The pics weren't the best since they were into the sunset...

No it isn't, if you are ready to solo today and he says you can solo next time if the weather is good, no problem. That's what happened with me.

No it isn't, if you are ready to solo today and he says you can solo next time if the weather is good, no problem. That's what happened with me.
I disagree. It takes multiple days in sequence to see safe landings for solo. If on Tuesday the student has a bad day.... No solo for you. No instructor is going to begin a lesson with a solo.

Uh, hmm, how about, if the weather is good and you give me 3 good landings like that on Tuesday, you'll solo. Whats so impossible about that? Seems you're nitpicking a bit.

CC28, congrats on the solo, I wish I had video of mine. I just remember being more relaxed than I expected. Something about not having the critic sitting next to you I guess. :)

CC28, congrats on the solo, I wish I had video of mine. I just remember being more relaxed than I expected. Something about not having the critic sitting next to you I guess. :)
LOL, That's the double edge. I was the same way, except a little new stress that there was no one there to save my azz.

Back