SoCal Peeps, you still solid?

flhrci

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
David
CNN says the Ridgecrest area got hit again today with a 4.9 quake.

4.9?

Weinie-tickler.

Where can a man be safe? Y'all on the west coast got your earthquakes. I got to deal with hurricanes even as far inland as we are. Had a tornado a few weeks ago, tore up the golf course, I almost couldn't get to the country club pool for the trees across the road!

Where on Earth is mother nature not trying to kill ya? Where's it at? Where can you go where it's just... Peaceful? The ground is solid, the storms are mild, no drought, no floods, no tornado or hurricanes, no blizzard, no heat index in the hundreds. Breathable atmosphere.

Last edited:
I can imagine having to live through that on a quasi regular basis.

Where's it at? Where can you go where it's just... Peaceful? The ground is solid, the storms are mild, no drought, no floods, no tornado or hurricanes, no blizzard, no heat index in the hundreds.
Mars?

I tell you what, the one that was just over 7 the day after July 4th I could feel all the way in downtown San Diego. Our whole building was swaying

Really? 4.9? That’s like a truck rumbling down the street or a hood rat bumping the new Post Malone that just dropped on his Kraco 12” subs.

You've clearly never seen The Martian.
Actually, I have. The one major inaccuracy about it is that the air density on Mars is low enough that a "powerful storm" there wouldn't be able to knock you down.

Where can a man be safe? Y'all on the west coast got your earthquakes. I got to deal with hurricanes even as far inland as we are. Had a tornado a few weeks ago, tore up the golf course, I almost couldn't get to the country club pool for the trees across the road!

Where on Earth is mother nature not trying to kill ya? Where's it at? Where can you go where it's just... Peaceful? The ground is solid, the storms are mild, no drought, no floods, no tornado or hurricanes, no blizzard, no heat index in the hundreds. Breathable atmosphere.
Europe, for the most part. Or the UK.

Sometimes in life you just got to pick your poison.

Europe, for the most part. Or the UK.

Yeah, the heatwave only killed 13 so far this year versus around 70,000 in the 2003 heatwave.

4.9? Based on the calibration done by all the aftershocks from the Loma Prieta quake in 1989 (epicenter was 6 miles from our house) I would have slept through that if it occurred at night. Took at least a 5.0 to wake me up. :D

Back