So, how bout that new logo?

I like the general wing shape of the silhouette in the earlier version. It's in proportion to the fuselage and the dihedral is elegant. The solid wing doesn't look like it would support the fuselage and the word "Pilots" is not balanced on the wing, which is slightly distracting to me. All in all, a pretty good design though.

I agree that the wing still looks a little "off"

ATC: POA on final, gear check.

:)

Love the middle one w/o grey.

However, in order to prevent the high wing, low wing debate, what if a mid wing design was incorporated?

Agreed, also to prevent the single vs. twin debate, how about just one engine on the right wing?

I like they way this is progressing. I'm trying to think of a way to make it look right with a mid-wing. It looks kind of like a handlebar mustache now.

stop debating, it's a great effort and great logo by shane (I think?). let's refine it and use it. leave the debating for when ur on a $100 hamburger run and you're watching all the high wings float down the runway (hehe, couldn't resist).

I like the general wing shape of the silhouette in the earlier version. It's in proportion to the fuselage and the dihedral is elegant. The solid wing doesn't look like it would support the fuselage and the word "Pilots" is not balanced on the wing, which is slightly distracting to me. All in all, a pretty good design though.
It's a logo, not an engineering drawing. :D

OK. With continued apologies to Shane for unashamedly screwing with HIS design, here are a couple of other versions.

The wings look less like a mustache and have more dihedral (for you engineers), the letters in PILOTS have been staggered along the wings and stretched a little to better equalize the visual weight between PIL and TS, and OPTIONAL wheels have been added so you can decide on a wheel-up landing (delete, delete, I mean a low pass) or an actual landing:

POA_Logo_Rev05_No_Wheels.jpg

POA_Logo_Rev05_With_Wheels.jpg

Last edited:
Like it without the wheels... Positive rate, gear up. Also, much better wings there; the pilots looks a bit odd with the staggered letters. I think just keeping them in line and cutting into them with the wing/white space would look best. I'm a tough critic though!

It strikes me as sort of... '70's. Not that it's a bad thing.

I don't know how much weight my opinion holds, but at least let it be known that design (web design) is what paid for my plane.

Honestly the initial design looks best, and I would encourage the admin or whomever to pick the one that really stands out to them. Everyone is an artist because they pirated photoshop (or preferably just use GIMP) but it doesn't make them good at it. No two people will be 100% happy with the design and if you keep making changes to the logo to try to gain consensus it will never happen.

To Shane, I would say make the design you like best -- submit it to the admin of the forum and release the copyright to the image. Let them do a poll if they want the logo or not, but too much democracy doesn't lead to better results it only leads to a bunch of inefficient / unstyled crap being added to what was already beautiful.

It strikes me as sort of... '70's. Not that it's a bad thing.

The vintage of most of the planes I've flown. :D

I like this concept for a new logo. I'm sure far more of us have time in a single engine (don't care if it's high wing or low wing) than a King Air, anyway. :yes:

I don't know how much weight my opinion holds, but at least let it be known that design (web design) is what paid for my plane.

Honestly the initial design looks best, and I would encourage the admin or whomever to pick the one that really stands out to them. Everyone is an artist because they pirated photoshop (or preferably just use GIMP) but it doesn't make them good at it. No two people will be 100% happy with the design and if you keep making changes to the logo to try to gain consensus it will never happen.

To Shane, I would say make the design you like best -- submit it to the admin of the forum and release the copyright to the image. Let them do a poll if they want the logo or not, but too much democracy doesn't lead to better results it only leads to a bunch of inefficient / unstyled crap being added to what was already beautiful.

Gotta agree. Shane, Awesome Job! As for the add-ons, they're nice too, but I think the wing kind of messes with an already incredible design. Give them whichever you think is best!

I didn't grok that the 'A' was a runway until I saw the wheels, FWIW. Now, of course, it's obvious.

Ya gotta get the dot of the i in America away from right after the "of". It makes it look like a period after the 'of' reading:

Pilots of. America

Been bugging me since the first post. BTW, aside from that the final cut looks great with the wings and sans gear.

Ya gotta get the dot of the i in America away from right after the "of". It makes it look like a period after the 'of' reading:

Pilots of. America

Don't agree at all. It never came across that way to me, maybe because it's a different color.

But, now that you've pointed it out it's probably all I'll see! :wink2:

Kinda like the arrow in the FedEx logo. One you know it's there you see it before you see the letters.

Pilots of. America

Been bugging me since the first post. BTW, aside from that the final cut looks great with the wings and sans gear.

Don't agree at all. It never came across that way to me, maybe because it's a different color.

But, now that you've pointed it out it's probably all I'll see! :wink2:

Kinda like the arrow in the FedEx logo. One you know it's there you see it before you see the letters.

I also saw the the dot as a period after "of", but thought it was just me.

I really like the new design without the landing gear.

Meh on the wing. I like the original design.

OK. With continued apologies to Shane for unashamedly screwing with HIS design, here are a couple of other versions.

The wings look less like a mustache and have more dihedral (for you engineers), the letters in PILOTS have been staggered along the wings and stretched a little to better equalize the visual weight between PIL and TS, and OPTIONAL wheels have been added so you can decide on a wheel-up landing (delete, delete, I mean a low pass) or an actual landing:

Very much improved wing and the landing gear sort of "explains" the still propeller. (maybe I'm over thinking this? :dunno:) These two designs trump the previous three. All great designs.

Very much improved wing and the landing gear sort of "explains" the still propeller. (maybe I'm over thinking this? :dunno:) These two designs trump the previous three. All great designs.

Or maybe a prop in motion...just a blurred arc/circle....?

Here is the final version that everyone seemed to like. I'll leave it here too and you guys just let me know if you need anything.

Logos_Concept3-EvoC-PoAForums.jpg

This one.
Or, maybe, 3 D.

The others are too literal and look exactly like the kind of thing a bunch of pilots would come up with ... Barf.

I don't like the wings carving into the o. If the wings were going to be there, have the top of the wing be the bottom of the hole in the o. I don't really like the curved wingtip either. Also the font is kinda weird on the e. The square end with the curves bothers me. Like it is unbalanced. I'm kinda with Liz though, first logo, and put some "noise" behind the letters. Swoop lines, so it looks like its coming at you?

Last edited:
I think the original was best. Our minds can fill in the wings....

It goes with the keep it simple sweety method

Personally - I like it better with no wings, definitely without gear. The white outlined PAPI lights are best.

The plane to the side of the runway bothers me, I can hear my instructor in my head: "too much right rudder!" :D

whoa whoa, you guys are starting to really run away with my logo design here!

how about this one

Attachments

• Logos_Concept1-PoAForums-1.jpg
    Logos_Concept1-PoAForums-1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 63
The top one, sans the wheels, is perfect. This is a better wing and I agree with someone else who mentioned the "OF" in white being really nice.

I respectfully request that the MC give further consideration to these wonderful designs to replace the current lame one!

Back