Sky Diving...

Also. before you step out the door. make sure you are attached to your instructor. It would be a bummer if you stepped out by yourself.

Na. I'm gonna knock it up a notch. I'm jumping without a parachute and then he is gonna catch up to me and hook up midair.

I'm already nervous lol

Post date your check and tell them if you bounce, so will the check.

I'm a lifetime member of USPA. When I would fill out waiver forms at various drop zones, they would ask for your USPA number and expiration date. I'd always put down my number and the word, "bounce" for the date.

Most didn't see the humor.

Lmao...you guys are great at instilling confidence

If you have cubicle time to kill google "Joe Jennings good stuff" for some interesting videos.

It's a little discomforting to realize almost everyone else in the plane has a parachute and all you have is some seat belt webbing wrapped around you like back pack straps.

Ask if there is a skyvan load you can get on for your tandem, might as well get a tailgate jump if it's available tomorrow.

If you have cubicle time to kill google "Joe Jennings good stuff" for some interesting videos.

It's a little discomforting to realize almost everyone else in the plane has a parachute and all you have is some seat belt webbing wrapped around you like back pack straps.

Ask if there is a skyvan load you can get on for your tandem, might as well get a tailgate jump if it's available tomorrow.

Lol those guys are nuts

just remember, the actual DIVE have never killed anyone.... its the sudden stop at the end that does :p

It's a dangerous world out there. Probably won't be sleeping tonight

It's a dangerous world out there. Probably won't be sleeping tonight
don't worry (you probably will), the tandem instructor wants to go back home as well. b/w not sure if you have researched … but there is a device called AAD, which activates the backup chute in case its needed ...

don't worry (you probably will), the tandem instructor wants to go back home as well. b/w not sure if you have researched … but there is a device called AAD, which activates the backup chute in case its needed ...

Really? Interesting...didn't know that

Why do the tabdom jumps have that miniature parachute they immediately deploy?

To keep you stable. The instructor can only do so much if the student that is strapped to him starts flailing...

To keep you stable. The instructor can only do so much if the student that is strapped to him starts flailing...

That’s what I thought. So your saying I shouldn’t flail my arms like a gorilla? Lol

In 2012, 19 people died in parachuting accidents in the United States, or roughly one person per 100,000 jumps. Look at the US Skydiving Incident Reports to get an idea of the types of problems that lead to fatalities. If you make one jump in a year, your chance of dying is 1 in 100,000.

19 people! Almost two every month. Oh, no has died this month yet. Yet.

I have a friend who "was" an avid scuba diver.

He went skydiving once, and screwed up his inner ear. No more diving (scuba or otherwise).

No jumping from perfectly good airplanes for me.

In 2012, 19 people died in parachuting accidents in the United States, or roughly one person per 100,000 jumps. Look at the US Skydiving Incident Reports to get an idea of the types of problems that lead to fatalities. If you make one jump in a year, your chance of dying is 1 in 100,000.

That’s a lot! But I bet most of those are not tandem jumps

I have a friend who "was" an avid scuba diver.

He went skydiving once, and screwed up his inner ear. No more diving (scuba or otherwise).

No jumping from perfectly good airplanes for me.

If u get into a jump plane, you will see they aren’t perfectly good . Or it would at least seem that way with wires everywhere stuck by duct tape. On my flight , rt before we jumped the pilot side door came loose and opened, the first thing that crossed my mind was.... I am the only dumb bastud in this plane without a chute

In addition to keeping you stable it also slows you down to a manageable deployment speed. I went drogueless on a training jump and we were over 200mph in freefall. You DONT want to deploy at that speed. Itll hurt!

In addition to keeping you stable it also slows you down to a manageable deployment speed. I went drogueless on a training jump and we were over 200mph in freefall. You DONT want to deploy at that speed. Itll hurt!

Gotcha...but you don’t wear em solo

But you really can’t assign odds like that to an individual person. If one does everything correctly and carefully, they will have even lower risk of injury or death. Statistics of past occurrences does not equate to probability of a future occurrence. But of course, his odds could also be worse.

But you really can’t assign odds like that to an individual person. If one does everything correctly and carefully, they will have even lower risk of injury or death. Statistics of past occurrences does not equate to probability of a future occurrence. But of course, his odds could also be worse.

I'm just screwing with his head. He wants to be a meat bomb do be it. :dunno:

Alright that’s it I’m backing out because of you guys. Your guys’ negativity caused this!!!

Back