Sexiest...

Mtns2Skies

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Mtns2Skies
Radial engine taildragger...

Pics required for entry.

It seems there's been some disagreement on this topic. I'll go first.

DHC2 Beaver
DeHavilland-DHC-2-Beaver-on-floats.jpg

OR Beech 18

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
I have friends with both. Neither is practical for 99.9% of private owners. Guys the radial Beavers all want Turbine Beavers. The best twin Beech is a King Air. The grass is always greener.

This is not a competition.
195.jpg

The Staggerwing is pretty, but like a softball player. Kinda thick around the middle.

Beaver is like a powerlifter. Sturdy and practical, but not necessarily sexy.

The 195 is just pure curves and perfect proportions.

Since you failed to specify a number of engines, I'll also nominate the B17 as runner-up

b17-blue-water-1-1568x1045.jpg

I dunno why, but the 195 always looks so draggy and underpowered, but guess it’s not.

This is not a competition.
View attachment 119048

The Staggerwing is pretty, but like a softball player. Kinda thick around the middle.

Beaver is like a powerlifter. Sturdy and practical, but not necessarily sexy.

The 195 is just pure curves and perfect proportions.

Since you failed to specify a number of engines, I'll also nominate the B17 as runner-up

View attachment 119050
I call foul. Nose Art is cheating.

I dunno why, but the 195 always looks so draggy and underpowered, but guess it’s not.

That's so funny to read since one of the reasons I'm in such lust about 195's is that to me they look sleek and sexy!

My brain can't decide if that looks sleek and sexy or mutated and awkward...
Yeah the Lionheart is almost so modern/sleek that it can look odd from certain angles. I honestly think if they'd left the strut in place from the Staggerwing (despite the obvious drag penalty) it would have completed the look a bit more. It resembles what it would look like if a Spartan Executive and Beech Staggerwing had a baby.

Back